Jump to content

Bangkok Pride


Pdoggg
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bangkok to host its ‘first real’ Pride parade in June
The procession is scheduled to start at 4pm at Maha Uma Devi Temple, or Wat Khaek, on Pan Road, ending at Silom Road.

“This will be the first real Gay Pride event in Bangkok’s history,” feminism activist Siri “Tata” Nilphruek told a press conference at The Sukosol hotel.

Previous Pride events held in the city were just street demonstrations, he said.

This year’s event is called “Bangkok Naruemit Pride 2022”. “Naruemit” means “creation” in Thailand.

It is being organised by various non-governmental groups promoting sexual diversity.

Friday’s press conference included representatives from state agencies, including the Prime Minister’s Office, political parties, foreign embassies, and the private sector.

Bangkok to host its ‘first real’ Pride parade in June

Among the invited guests was Bangkok governor-elect Chadchart Sittipunt, who attended the event as an observer.

“Bangkok is a city of diversity in many aspects, not just sexual diversity. We can live happily when we can accept diversity,” Chadchart said.

He added that as per his plan, June would be designated “Pride month”. Every month is being correlated to Bangkok’s celebration of festivals.

Promsorn Veerathamjari, a representative of sex workers, said on Friday that this year’s Gay Pride event would also address social issues, in addition to sexual diversity.

“The organisers hope that Pride parade will become an important event on the calendar, similar to Songkran or Loy Krathong,” he said.

Due to its relatively high tolerance to sexual diversity, Thailand is regarded as a “utopia” for LGBTI+ people by many foreign visitors who experience abuses in their home countries. However, the Kingdom still does not legally recognise same-sex marriage, and discrimination against sexual diversity remains.

Prior to Covid-19, Pride parades were held in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket. In the capital, the events were organised by Silom nightlife business operators.

Pride parades, held in cities across the world, commemorate the Stonewall riots, which started when police raided the Stonewall Inn bar in New York City in June 1969.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40016027

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really applaud the initiative. I think it will help to get (or keep), rights for the LHBTI+ community on the agenda! In my country, the 'Pride' in Amsterdam is an annual tradition by now. Over 25 editions already, with the absolute highlight, the Canal Parade. Attached some pics from the web.

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fenton said:

Tiffanys Pagaent is on the 25th June.

3,800B per ticket.

To be more precise Miss International Queen is being held as usual at the Tiffany venue on May 25th.  My better half prefers the international competition as she is interested in they look of transwomen from other countries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fenton said:

Tiffanys Pagaent is on the 25th June.

3,800B per ticket.

As PD has clarified that is for Miss International Queen, the price you quoted is for the VIP seats (main floor) regular seats are 2800 Baht.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

what do we lovers of LBs qualify as?

 

L?

B?

G?

T?

Q?

 

the answer I got from a trans girl was we fit in the Q bucket.

 

But maybe we should add an acronym to this movement and demand our rights not to be demeaned for our love of girls w cocks. But I still dont know a title to call our ilk.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The-Sith said:

what do we lovers of LBs qualify as?

 

L?

B?

G?

T?

Q?

 

the answer I got from a trans girl was we fit in the Q bucket.

 

But maybe we should add an acronym to this movement and demand our rights not to be demeaned for our love of girls w cocks. But I still dont know a title to call our ilk.

 

 

Tranny Chasers, that's the phrase they use for us here in the UK.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

On census forms and many online surveys and questionnaires here we are often asked to tick a sexual orientation box. I usually tick bi-sexual.

that doesn't work for me because I have given honest....relaxed....best efforts to see if that fits..... and it doesn't with me.

I can't do it with men.... and bi sexual connotes men and women.

 

Three buckets of Staight, Gay, Bi and I fit more in the Straight bucket if there were only three. But I can't say I am straight and most would agree.

 

I think of myself as "Tri-Sexual" Because I like to try different things..... but that also does not connote my attraction to GGs and Trans Women.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fenton said:

Tranny Chasers, that's the phrase they use for us here in the UK.

Tranny Chaser is a derogatory term ..... particularly used by Trans Women in the West who sometimes look down on the men who are so enthusiastic to seek them..... either because they get turned off by men who Butterfly or because they have their own self esteem issues and like Groucho Marx said "I would never want to be a part of a club that would have me as a member".

it's akin to "Fag" or "Shemale".

My question is kind of serious here ...... amongst LGBTQ..... we are the ones left out and at the bottom of the totem pole.... all of the above can in 2022 come out of the closet....mostly safely, protected by law, society, and even the educational system and media.

Yet we are still seen as perverts and most of us do things discretely (outside of certain safe locations)..... and almost all of us had to struggle in the very early days of discovering our attraction because of the negative stigma attached to it..... which some of that not only is negative stigma for loving trans women but also potentially for being gay.

Yet I don't think a 20 year old male today who might discover attraction to ladyboys has the gay stigma to contend w like we did....but will have the trans attraction stigma.

Generally, men will look down on us and women will see it as a threat and each will characterize it as some form of lascivious flaw in our character....like a perversion.

We are still in the circumstance.... with little improvement over the past 30 years.... where it is considered "Un-Dignified" to be true to ourselves.

 

(By the way..... I'm not saying I'm not a horny pervert.... I am. But my love for sexy trans women should not characterize me as a pervert.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The-Sith said:

Tranny Chaser is a derogatory term ..... particularly used by Trans Women in the West who sometimes look down on the men who are so enthusiastic to seek them..... either because they get turned off by men who Butterfly or because they have their own self esteem issues and like Groucho Marx said "I would never want to be a part of a club that would have me as a member".

it's akin to "Fag" or "Shemale".

My question is kind of serious here ...... amongst LGBTQ..... we are the ones left out and at the bottom of the totem pole.... all of the above can in 2022 come out of the closet....mostly safely, protected by law, society, and even the educational system and media.

Yet we are still seen as perverts and most of us do things discretely (outside of certain safe locations)..... and almost all of us had to struggle in the very early days of discovering our attraction because of the negative stigma attached to it..... which some of that not only is negative stigma for loving trans women but also potentially for being gay.

Yet I don't think a 20 year old male today who might discover attraction to ladyboys has the gay stigma to contend w like we did....but will have the trans attraction stigma.

Generally, men will look down on us and women will see it as a threat and each will characterize it as some form of lascivious flaw in our character....like a perversion.

We are still in the circumstance.... with little improvement over the past 30 years.... where it is considered "Un-Dignified" to be true to ourselves.

 

(By the way..... I'm not saying I'm not a horny pervert.... I am. But my love for sexy trans women should not characterize me as a pervert.)

What does "Q" mean in the acronym?

I thought he was in Star Trek :-)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fenton said:

What does "Q" mean in the acronym?

I thought it meant Queer.  :homoswitch:

But googling around some say it means Questioning.

So guess I could be a Bi, Tranny Chaser, or Questioning.

G is reserved for guys who start Am I Gay threads.  :obscene:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The-Sith said:

I can't do it with men..

But aren't trans women genetically 'men'? I know what you mean, I am not sexually attracted to someone who looks obviously male. What about femboys, traps, sissies and twinks? They look like young men albeit quite feminine.

I usually got a std clinic after visits to los for a test. They ask if i had sex with a woman or man and when I say a ladyboy they put me down as having had sex with a male. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I thought it meant Queer.  :homoswitch:

But googling around some say it means Questioning.

So guess I could be a Bi, Tranny Chaser, or Questioning.

G is reserved for guys who start Am I Gay threads.  :obscene:

 

Q stands for Queer.

The trans woman told me that a Trans lover fits in the "catch all bucket" of Queer.

Wiki  "In the 21st century, queer became increasingly used to describe a broad spectrum of non-normative sexual and/or gender identities and politics."

 

I personally do not identify as "Queer" and its a pejorative term as well.

 

9 hours ago, Quietguy said:

But aren't trans women genetically 'men'? I know what you mean, I am not sexually attracted to someone who looks obviously male. What about femboys, traps, sissies and twinks? They look like young men albeit quite feminine.

I usually got a std clinic after visits to los for a test. They ask if i had sex with a woman or man and when I say a ladyboy they put me down as having had sex with a male. 


For me..... sex is about energy. And even gender is about energy..... for me any way. I LOVE FEMININE ENERGY. So many amazing aspects about it and I also love the manifestation of Feminine Energy through feminine physical beauty.

LBs and Trans embody Feminine Energy and Feminine Beauty. I can feel total femininity from them and it's not just something they were born with but also something they work to perfect. GGs in Thailand study LBs to learn how to be more feminine and how to attract men. And so many LBs spend time and focus to make themselves look more and more beautiful as a feminine being.

Compare that to the fat sods with blonde hair back home or the fat sods at the Pattaya GG bars. Little care for being feminine and beautiful.

What I also love about LBs is their balls..... the testosterone that flows into their body and makes them want to fuck on command and also be no bull shit about just having fun and keeping things chill. This is an aspect I like in my "woman" as opposed to GGs who sometimes act coy (i.e. pretend not to want sex and play hard to get), play a ton of games, lose their emotional stability and basically whine and complain when they feel they have leverage to do so. Such a waste of time and evergy!

For example..... i never touch post ops...... because their balls are gone and they lose the amazing advantage they had over all other women, as I described above.

I don't consider femboys and trans to be males....my senses and body and behavior have a very different reaction and perspective on males. Or should I say....  to "Masculine Energy". It's not something I want to get intimate with nor submit to..... it's something I want to compete with or pal around with.

I feel feminine energy from the LBs and femboys I am attracted to. As well as the GGs.

 

 

And the STD clinics are well trained in the sensitivities of labels..... but sex with an LB is categorized as MSM because intercourse is always anal and that is the highest risk plus the testosterone in the balls of men and trans makes us all 100% sluts with each of us having dozens, and hundreds, and in some cases, thousands of partners all fucking each other so the risks are totally different than a world with vagina. It's very difficult for a man to get HIV from a woman from vaginal sex. And so our form of sex is the highest risk anywhere. 

 

i need GGs in my life. And i need LBs too. I just consider LBs as a sluttier version of Genetic Girls that are well engineered for a fun time. I don't believe this makes me Gay nor Bi. If I was that...... I would be accepted in society with open arms. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2022 at 3:08 PM, The-Sith said:

Tranny Chaser is a derogatory term ..... particularly used by Trans Women in the West who sometimes look down on the men who are so enthusiastic to seek them..... either because they get turned off by men who Butterfly or because they have their own self esteem issues and like Groucho Marx said "I would never want to be a part of a club that would have me as a member".

it's akin to "Fag" or "Shemale".

My question is kind of serious here ...... amongst LGBTQ..... we are the ones left out and at the bottom of the totem pole.... all of the above can in 2022 come out of the closet....mostly safely, protected by law, society, and even the educational system and media.

Yet we are still seen as perverts and most of us do things discretely (outside of certain safe locations)..... and almost all of us had to struggle in the very early days of discovering our attraction because of the negative stigma attached to it..... which some of that not only is negative stigma for loving trans women but also potentially for being gay.

Yet I don't think a 20 year old male today who might discover attraction to ladyboys has the gay stigma to contend w like we did....but will have the trans attraction stigma.

Generally, men will look down on us and women will see it as a threat and each will characterize it as some form of lascivious flaw in our character....like a perversion.

We are still in the circumstance.... with little improvement over the past 30 years.... where it is considered "Un-Dignified" to be true to ourselves.

 

(By the way..... I'm not saying I'm not a horny pervert.... I am. But my love for sexy trans women should not characterize me as a pervert.)

We're  either gay or bissexual. A Latina shemale told me I was a putero.  WTF ? Do we need a label to be stuck on us ? No one ever needs to know who's the real me. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

We're  either gay or bissexual. A Latina shemale told me I was a putero.  WTF ? Do we need a label to be stuck on us ? No one ever needs to know who's the real me. 

putero means WhoreHouse in Spanish.

 

 

that fits me too!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2022 at 8:24 PM, Pulci Gorgon said:

 A Latina shemale told me I was a putero.  WTF ? 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:22 PM, The-Sith said:

putero means WhoreHouse in Spanish.

that fits me too!

Putero also means whore monger.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was surprised to read it also means whorehouse and double checked to see it's true. I understood she meant a monger.

Anyway, the LGBT+ world is protean. It's not a problem for me not to have a letter as a ladyboy/shemale customer. Even our "community" is protean.  I don't believe that demontrating in the streets would bring us any advantage. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...