Bangkok Pride

Pdoggg

22 hours ago, Quietguy said:

The Pride Parades are to celebrate diversity, not to demonstrate against anything. 

Of course it is. Some easily offended snowflakes might choose to see it differently and completely miss the bigger picture though.

Not easy arranging festivals like these in Hungary, Poland , Russia and Florida without getting attacked by Proud Boys and other intolerant groups.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

Pride months and gay parades leave me cold tbh. I don't relate to them as they don't seem to have anything to do with me. And the trans debate in the West gets pretty extreme and ridiculous IMO. But Pride month is a big deal for ladyboys in Thailand. It's meaningful for them and for that reason alone I applaud it. (Wish I could upload a 'ticktok' of a favourite BKK lb celebrating her pride month). 

Yes, tolerance is good, Jimmy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

Pride months and gay parades leave me cold tbh. I don't relate to them as they don't seem to have anything to do with me. And the trans debate in the West gets pretty extreme and ridiculous IMO. But Pride month is a big deal for ladyboys in Thailand. It's meaningful for them and for that reason alone I applaud it. (Wish I could upload a 'ticktok' of a favourite BKK lb celebrating her pride month). 

I couldn't have written anything better. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fenton said:

Florida has a LGBT community. You mention proud boys, but what of the extensive latino (Cuban mostly) community who are more likely to be intolerant towards the community in general?

The Florida Cuban's have a large right wing who are those who supported  the Batista dictatorship and fled from the Cuban revolution.

Many latinos do have a macho culture and are intolerant of gays, transgenders and those who like them.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Really?

I honestly don't think they do. These events made a lot more sense twenty and more years ago when there was far more active discrimination and hostility to alternate lifestyles. Nowadays they have achieved that acceptance, at least in our countries... 

There's no such thing as a LBGT+++ community btw. They're just as disparate a group as hetero people are. (That comes not from me, but an e-friend in the UK who is in a same sex marriage). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

These events made a lot more sense twenty and more years ago when there was far more active discrimination and hostility to alternate lifestyles. Nowadays they have achieved that acceptance, at least in our countries... 

I think you are right in that there is more acceptance legally and in general society. But there is still discrimination and hostility from sections of society.

For QG, P Diddy and  the tolerant members  here on LBR.
soiboy, how’s this for stereotypes! 
Inga from Sweden is performing during PRIDE festival. She’s playing on all stereotypes, her voice would’ve made Johnny Cash envious. At 6’3” she’s not for the snowflakes.

2AB0212D-EEA0-46E2-BC56-DBF1D4240806.jpeg

• Like 1