Music, good or bad.

seven

On 7/3/2022 at 9:38 PM, seven said:

He might make it here

On second thoughts.... stick to the £500,000 gigs, greedy boy. Put on them uggo Clarks and do the hip replacements. No need to get over here for the fans when you can squeeze out a half a million quid for 30 mins at a party for the privileged. 

Liam Gallagher 'paid £500,000 to perform for 30 minutes at private birthday bash'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/liam-gallagher-paid-500000-perform-27385348

Liam Gallagher was paid half a million pounds to perform at a private 50th birthday party for just half an hour. 

The former Oasis frontman reportedly earned the staggering amount of money in exchange for a 30-minute set at a lavish birthday bash for B&M retail boss Bobby Arora, the Sun reported.

The other bully brother. What a dick, which everyone knew really.

Noel Gallagher blasted as 'vile' by charity after admitting he 'blagged' way onto disabled platform at Glastonbury festival

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/noel-gallagher-blasted-vile-charity-24397143

"Accessible platforms aren’t for privileged rock stars and their friends"

Noel Gallagher has been blasted as 'vile' by a charity after he 'blagged' his way onto a viewing platform for disabled people at Glastonbury festival. The Manchester-born musician admitted that a security guard initially stopped him from using the platform before he flashed his 'Access All Areas' pass.

Gallagher, 55, went on to 'belittle' those with disabilities on the podcast and admitted that his pass could get him 'f***ing anywhere'. The musician managed to gain access to the viewing platform at the John peel tent to watch Jamie T on the Saturday night of the popular festival (June 25).

He said: “I said: ‘See that pass mate? It gets me any f***ing where.” The Mirror reported he then went on to joke that he 'would have' tipped someone out of a wheelchair and encouraged his son to sit in it to get them in the prime spot, and that he would pretend to touch people on the forehead telling them to “rise… you can walk”.

While speaking on Matt Morgan's podcast, Noel said the group “couldn’t get to the bit on stage because we were f***ing wasted”, so he “flashed my pass and said this lot are with me and we walked on to this platform - unbeknownst to us it was the disabled platform”.

“I gotta say, those disabled cats have a great view of everything," he added. Charity Scope have since said that Gallagher's 'casual abuse' of disabled people is 'vile'.

Warren Kirwan, Media Manager at the disability equality charity said: “The casual abuse and belittling of disabled people in this interview is vile. There is no excuse for this kind of language.

“On top of that, accessible platforms aren’t for privileged rock stars and their friends. These platforms exist so that disabled people can enjoy live music - without them many of our festivals would simply be off limits.”

• Like 1
4 hours ago, seven said:

On second thoughts.... stick to the £500,000 gigs, greedy boy. Put on them uggo Clarks and do the hip replacements. No need to get over here for the fans when you can squeeze out a half a million quid for 30 mins at a party for the privileged. 

Liam Gallagher 'paid £500,000 to perform for 30 minutes at private birthday bash'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/liam-gallagher-paid-500000-perform-27385348

Liam Gallagher was paid half a million pounds to perform at a private 50th birthday party for just half an hour. 

The former Oasis frontman reportedly earned the staggering amount of money in exchange for a 30-minute set at a lavish birthday bash for B&M retail boss Bobby Arora, the Sun reported.

They are getting as bad as football stars. Overpaid for very little effort. 

4 hours ago, seven said:

The other bully brother. What a dick, which everyone knew really.

Noel Gallagher blasted as 'vile' by charity after admitting he 'blagged' way onto disabled platform at Glastonbury festival

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/noel-gallagher-blasted-vile-charity-24397143

"Accessible platforms aren’t for privileged rock stars and their friends"

Noel Gallagher has been blasted as 'vile' by a charity after he 'blagged' his way onto a viewing platform for disabled people at Glastonbury festival. The Manchester-born musician admitted that a security guard initially stopped him from using the platform before he flashed his 'Access All Areas' pass.

Gallagher, 55, went on to 'belittle' those with disabilities on the podcast and admitted that his pass could get him 'f***ing anywhere'. The musician managed to gain access to the viewing platform at the John peel tent to watch Jamie T on the Saturday night of the popular festival (June 25).

He said: “I said: ‘See that pass mate? It gets me any f***ing where.” The Mirror reported he then went on to joke that he 'would have' tipped someone out of a wheelchair and encouraged his son to sit in it to get them in the prime spot, and that he would pretend to touch people on the forehead telling them to “rise… you can walk”.

While speaking on Matt Morgan's podcast, Noel said the group “couldn’t get to the bit on stage because we were f***ing wasted”, so he “flashed my pass and said this lot are with me and we walked on to this platform - unbeknownst to us it was the disabled platform”.

“I gotta say, those disabled cats have a great view of everything," he added. Charity Scope have since said that Gallagher's 'casual abuse' of disabled people is 'vile'.

Warren Kirwan, Media Manager at the disability equality charity said: “The casual abuse and belittling of disabled people in this interview is vile. There is no excuse for this kind of language.

“On top of that, accessible platforms aren’t for privileged rock stars and their friends. These platforms exist so that disabled people can enjoy live music - without them many of our festivals would simply be off limits.”

Knowing Noel, he probably did say that about disabled people but said it in jest. He can be such an arsehole at times.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Here is The Donald mocking a disabled guy.  

I don’t profess to know Donald Trump. But have met Noel on many an occasion during the mid to late 80’s as he was mates with some of my mates at that time and followed Man City home and away with them.

I often would meet up and catch the train to an away game with them and meet up in the Parkside pub when playing at home. Noel was always articulate and had a dry sense of humour even back then. Pretty much the same as most Northern people in the UK.

So I’m certain he said what he said in jest. The media making a mountain out of a mole hill as per usual.

As for Trump I don’t really care one way or the other as he means and as nothing to do with me whatsoever 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't believe it's 40 years ago today that me and a mate were at Roundhay Park in Leeds to see the greatest Band ever, The Rolling Stones. :clapping:

It was a very warm day and when I lay down to take a nap before The Stones came on I opened my eyes to find I was looking up the short skirt of a very pretty young girl who had stood astride my head, to my glee she was also wearing black panties, ahh the scent of a woman.. Bliss. :air_kiss:

One of the best days of my life. 

Roundhay Park 1982

Even though I was only 21 years old, I was telling everyone afterwards that watching Keith Richard (my God :imNotWorthy:) strutting his stuff to 'Sympathy for the Devil' was better than sex, I haven't changed that opinion 40 years on. :biggrin:

Some of Keefs genius

And finally Sympathy for the Devil (Keith's strutting his stuff starts at 2mins 3secs) from Tokyo in 1990 :good:

• Like 2

You lucky cashed up concert-going bastards...! (Kidding - good luck to you all). My evening last night was at home listening to blues music - the old stuff like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Little Walter, Buddy Guy, Leadbelly, all those guys ... I don't have much patience with those today who say white people "stole" black music (music is supposed to break out of its culture and infect others), but it's totally true that white rock and roll couldn't have existed without the black man's blues. 

I would have loved to have been at this gig, a couple of years before Muddy passed -

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

You lucky cashed up concert-going bastards...! (Kidding - good luck to you all). My evening last night was at home listening to blues music - the old stuff like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Little Walter, Buddy Guy, Leadbelly, all those guys ... I don't have much patience with those today who say white people "stole" black music (music is supposed to break out of its culture and infect others), but it's totally true that white rock and roll couldn't have existed without the black man's blues. 

Love the blues. Stevie Ray Vaughan was one of the best blues guitarists of all time. He did a brilliant cover of Hendrix' Voodoo Child. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, duke007 said:

That must have been a proper blast mate B)

Sure was, and I can't recall whether it was them or the Beach Boys that Roy Orbison was the lead in act. Whatever, the three acts went on to become legends. All different styles of course, but I am very catholic in my music choices. Anything from Gustuv Mahler to the Beatles to Led Zeppelin. It doesn't matter.

My big regret was not going to see the Beatles. Could have but didn't.

• Like 2
On 7/24/2022 at 10:59 AM, Jimmy Cargopants said:

You lucky cashed up concert-going bastards...! (Kidding - good luck to you all). My evening last night was at home listening to blues music - the old stuff like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Little Walter, Buddy Guy, Leadbelly, all those guys

Stones Saturday and Bob in September , thats enough. Cost me a damn good 4-week millionaire soi 6 splash, buying drinks to all the barowners included.

I love these blues men, bought Mannish boy album long time ago. That said, honestly I'm too white, I don't have that in me,  but to my defence I never listened to Fleetwood Mac.  I'm a privileged gen x who wouldn't know first thing about the hardship these guys went through. 

Rediscovered Beck the other night. The guy is a genius. Saw him live in the nineties right after Loser came out. Brilliant gig. We weren't sure wtf hit us.

• Like 2