Music, good or bad.

seven

28 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

well Seven, i would love to tell you the whole story, a tale of heroism and courage leading up to that album. But, unfortunately i can't until Quinn gives me permission.

Hopefully come fall by the beaches of Jomtien, sipping a one more 7/11 cup of coffee our friend’s stamps bought us.

Later in July , maybe not K-pop but I think PD would love them.   Jambinai. Korean goth/pop.

The young group Jambinai from Seoul plays new, brutally beautiful innovative post rock on traditional Korean musical instruments,  combined with a drum kit, electric guitar and loop pedals.

The members met in 2009 at the National School of Art in Seoul, and one year after graduation they encountered each other at a mutual friend's concert. After much talking about how they wanted to do something new with traditional Korean music, the idea to start Jambinai was born.

maxresdefault-3.jpg

maxresdefault-4.jpg

On 5/22/2022 at 8:36 AM, seven said:

At the right time at the right place they can be ok sure. Afterski, conference, holiday resort  etc. How many times have you heard  Zombie, Another brick in the wall or Hotel California as a cover and not by the original artist?:biggrin:

When I hear Zombie in Pattaya  I lose my will to live :)

I can't say that I have ever heard Hotel California in Pattaya!!!!!!.:crazy:

On 5/5/2022 at 5:30 PM, seven said:

One of my fav bands of all time. Seen them live many times. Now in 2022 they even have a Sex Pistol on bass.

Only Debbie Harry, 76 and powerhouse Clem Burke on drums left of the original lineup.

Only UK and US tour as of now.

Deborah Harry has gained respect from almost every genre and hit the charts in multiple genres....the only artist I am aware of to do that.

at her core she is Punk.

and she helped with the development of Rap and has a top Rap song. "Rapture"

And it was shows she did in Manhattan to allow rappers from Bronx and Brooklyn to freestyle to Manhattan audiences which led to Rappears Delight....the first hit Rap song.

She also has a top Disco song. "Call Me"

She has a top Reggae Song. "Tide is High"

and she has multiple top ten "New Wave" songs....if anyone remembers that genre.

and top Pop songs too.

and she was deep in a genre where lead signers don't make it to 26 let alone 76!.

what a champ.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Looking forward to the Liam Gallagher gig tonight

Enjoy. I wish he could tour here (no prize for guessing why British acts find it hard to tour abroad ). LG  is one of my favs right now.  Cool pic too!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, The-Sith said:

Deborah Harry

My favorite cover band in Pattaya has a lead singer who does on decent job with Blondie songs.

I knew the guy who made big bucks co-authoring Rifle Range because it was the flip side of Heart of Glass.  Years back he tragically fell on the subway tracks and had both legs amputated.

https://www.blondie.net/blondie-pays-respects-to-friend-collaborator-ronnie-toast/

4 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Madness

Saw Madness in New York and also saw their contemporaries The Specials four times in New York including their first gig ever in The States at a small venue named Hurrah. Was a great show indeed! 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

My favorite cover band in Pattaya has a lead singer who does on decent job with Blondie songs.

I knew the guy who made big bucks co-authoring Rifle Range because it was the flip side of Heart of Glass.  Years back he tragically fell on the subway tracks and had both legs amputated.

https://www.blondie.net/blondie-pays-respects-to-friend-collaborator-ronnie-toast/

Saw Madness in New York and also saw their contemporaries The Specials four times in New York including their first gig ever in The States at a small venue named Hurrah. Was a great show indeed! 

The Specials were the second band I ever saw after Madness in 1980

• Like 1

Queen. 1978. My first concert. Freddie Mercury entered in tiger striped tights. Fuck they kicked ass. Tie your mother down was brutal metal.

Around same time. Later on that year Sex Pistols and The Clash came around and, as they say, the rest is history.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

Wish I’d have seen Queen live alas never got the chance due to other commitments on live aid day 

Saw them decades later around Radio gaga/ A kind of magic era, outdoors, bigass football stadium. Freddie was full on Liberace by then. Not very good to be honest, but the gig in 1978 was a life changing moment. Just like the first time you walked into Casanova, NEP. Ain't no turning back now, son. :biggrin:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Fenton said:

My Aunt saw the emerging Pink Floyd at the UFO club in Tottenham in the 1960's. She said it would be an education in itself for me.

Pink Floyd is a real treat when seeing them live..... like the flying pigs and world War 1 airplanes flying over the audience.

But I think their music is made for a quality acoustic environment, and locations of 15,000 to 60,000 rarely have quality acoustics. 

Basically, my point is....some groups have music that sounds and feels better live........... like Sex Pistols and Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin. While some groups are better to listen to their studio recorded work....... like Pink Floyd or even Steely Dan who didn't even bother to tour because they knew their music was better delivered from the studio.

But Pink Floyd sure does deliver an incredible visual experience at their concerts.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fenton said:

Quadrophonic sound, pioneers in that field. Lasers and visuals.

Yeah, your right the documentry where they are playing in amphi theatre at Pompei.

But the exchanges between Gilmour and Waters are just timeless.

And of course poor old Syd.

Great Band.

I'm surprised "Young Lust" is not played more in Pattaya.

I mentioned the Eden gardens, because its was a quarry along with the futuristic domes, would of been a site to behold :-).

poor Syd.

he is one of the lads that pushed it too far.

10 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Wish I’d have seen Queen live alas never got the chance due to other commitments on live aid day 

7 hours ago, The-Sith said:

Basically, my point is....some groups have music that sounds and feels better live........... like Sex Pistols and Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin.

I was at Live Aid in Philadelphia.   Led Zep played a great three song set.  Rock and Roll, Whole Lotta Love, and Stairway.   There was a surge of sexual energy throughout the crowd during Whole Lotta Love.

• Like 3

I was scared to post in this thread as it seemed that you had to like some "band", that played in back street pubs!.

Then I saw bands like Queen and Led Zeppelin mentioned so thought I would test the water.

Talking to a friend in the UK last night on skype and he was showing me around his property. Have to make the most of the one day of summer!!!!. Joke!.

There were some blackbirds hopping around and I said that is great. One of my favorite songs. He said he liked it too but could not relate all the words to the bird.

I googled it. It is not about the bird, but about the civil rights groups in the 60's. The word bird is used to describe girls in the UK. Now it makes sense.

Love this version of the song by Aria. How a song should be sung. No vocal gymnastics etc. She is a looker too!.

• Like 2