Music, good or bad.

seven

1 hour ago, seven said:

Good power pop. Never heard of them to be honest. Know of Andy Bell though. 

Andy Bell’s first band. Last night was the 32nd anniversary tour of their first album Nowhere which is in my top ten albums of all time and 32 years since I first saw them.

If you ever get a chance listen to the album Nowhere 

• Like 1

One of my fav bands of all time. Seen them live many times. Now in 2022 they even have a Sex Pistol on bass.

Only Debbie Harry, 76 and powerhouse Clem Burke on drums left of the original lineup.

Only UK and US tour as of now.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted this somewhere else but some may not read that thread and it explains a lot about the state of music.  The only real music in this thread is Jeff Beck, tho kudos to Blondie for having the nerve, not bad for an old broad.  Bass player sounded like mud.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

I posted this somewhere else but some may not read that thread and it explains a lot about the state of music.  The only real music in this thread is Jeff Beck, tho kudos to Blondie for having the nerve, not bad for an old broad.  Bass player sounded like mud.

I have watched many of Rick Beato's videos, but this one is just too long!!!. Get it?. Oh well, ok.

11 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Don't go to music festivals @seven

I don't particularly like festivals nowadays, I enjoyed them when I was young. In summertime all the great acts are often associated with a 3 or 4 days outdoor festival. I'll only be going to one and only a 1 day (out of 4) ticket which is June 8th , The Strokes.

Live music gigs/concerts with good artists however are one of few things left in life that truly gives me happiness. Should I ever move to Thailand permanently  I'd miss great acts immensely, maybe even a reason for stopping me to make the move. The drought of culture and arts I like, is in Thailand  crippling. Only look at the movie theatre selection in Thailand. Marvel movies and Morlam don't quite cut it for me.

A few nights ago at a gig a 65 year old rather big swedish artist , whom I have been following my whole life  was playing a  venue in Copenhagen, maybe around 6000 people. People standing in front of the stage, plastic beer cups held up in the air. He reached for one half full cup from a complete stranger in the audience and necked it. This is a few weeks after the pandemic was declared over. I personally reacted, but hardly anyone else did. I thought of you actually. I have no idea if he's vaccinated or if the person who gave him the beer is.

1 hour ago, seven said:

Live music gigs/concerts with good artists however are one of few things left in life that truly gives me happiness.

I know you like original artists but what truly gives me pleasure is going to the gigs of my favorite cover band.   They seem to play all my favorite upbeat party music.  Sorry Grunt, no Pink Asscrack.  A lot of Chuck Berry style music but mixed up with songs you wouldn't expect such as Hey Big Spender.

I've seem them a dozen times this year and at 5 different venues ranging from a place where guys bring their wives to a whorish bar.  They are smart enough to tailor their act to the specific crowd.  Saw them at a bar on the Darkside last night and was perhaps my most fun night out this year.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

cover band.

At the right time at the right place they can be ok sure. Afterski, conference, holiday resort  etc. How many times have you heard  Zombie, Another brick in the wall or Hotel California as a cover and not by the original artist?:biggrin:

When I hear Zombie in Pattaya  I lose my will to live :)

17 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Don't go to music festivals @seven

QG, I'm checking out Lemonheads this coming Tuesday at this place, Debaser. They do some kind of club/ theme nights when theres no live band.  Obviously I'm way too old for shit like this but I liked this flyer.

IMG_8830.jpeg

• Like 1
On 4/18/2022 at 1:46 PM, Pdoggg said:

Blackpink

For you PD. (Posting on the phone, haven’t figured out to make smaller font yet).

ED16D1D9-4CB6-42B8-A0F4-041C8BE2A89F.jpeg

BLACKPINK Makes History As the First K-POP Group To Grace the Cover of Rolling Stone

Officially making them the third girl group to be featured on the cover in over two decades.

https://nowthisnews.com/amphtml/news/blackpink-makes-history-as-the-first-k-pop-group-to-grace-the-cover-of-rolling-stone

EBB7ABD9-2BB7-4828-8112-DE54730C859C.webp

8F7DE1B5-2167-495D-AF9F-999A15B8A1D8.jpeg

• Like 1

F**k its a lot of work getting out of the house going to a public place these days :) 

I didn't shoot this video, its from tonight from their FB website. Lemonheads gig was pretty good. Its wonderful being able to enjoy live music again. Life returns.

Shit photo, but just to show QG the crowd, place was packed, with NO MASKS.

Took a pic after I stepped out of the club. 10:30 pm, midnight sun almost here.

https://fb.watch/dd8R7nfloG/

IMG_9090.jpeg

IMG_9091.jpeg

• Like 1
15 hours ago, seven said:

For you PD. (Posting on the phone, haven’t figured out to make smaller font yet).

ED16D1D9-4CB6-42B8-A0F4-041C8BE2A89F.jpeg

BLACKPINK Makes History As the First K-POP Group To Grace the Cover of Rolling Stone

Officially making them the third girl group to be featured on the cover in over two decades.

https://nowthisnews.com/amphtml/news/blackpink-makes-history-as-the-first-k-pop-group-to-grace-the-cover-of-rolling-stone

EBB7ABD9-2BB7-4828-8112-DE54730C859C.webp

8F7DE1B5-2167-495D-AF9F-999A15B8A1D8.jpeg

Lisa expresses her modesty and humility saying, "I don't think I'm perfect enough"!  :party0011:

You might think that our loveable, visually impaired grunt's Pink Asscrack fanzines would be somewhat sticky but that is not the case.  He has actually used his trusty scissors and created a giant Ascrack collage covering an entire wall of Chateau Grunt.  When ladies visit they are impressed that he has the same taste in music as young Thais who frequent trendy Bangkok clubs!

The Supremes never made the cover of Rolling Stone though the Spice Girls did.

Well,  i guess that image has finally overtaken substance... been coming for years.

i remember when Quinn and I made our second album 'Ghosts from futures lost'  We were offered the cover of English Music Magazine, Melody Maker. Unfortunately Quinn was going through bad things at the time. I don't mean illicit substances. He just insisted on getting married to a different woman every week.

It was a good album really, quite experimental. Mainly because Quinn was going through his folkie revival thing and couldn't accept that Prog rock couldn't be played on acoustic guitars and penny whistles.

if only he had accepted the offer from the MM picture editor to sleep with him, life could have been so different for us now.

Thanks Quinn! thanks a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1