Music, good or bad.

seven

6 hours ago, Zeppie said:

Spot on BB.  But for me it's somebody lone me a dime.....the slow build up and then the rhythm jam, gets me every time.

4 hours ago, Sylvester said:

Excellent tune, BB. Already on my play list.

Incidentally chaps is was also pencilled in as a track on Saturday Night Fever, but never made it.

According to the DVD commentary for Saturday Night Fever, the producers intended to use the song "Lowdown" by Boz Scaggs in the rehearsal scene between Tony and Stephanie in the dance studio, and choreographed their dance moves to the song. However, representatives for Scaggs's label, Columbia Records, refused to grant legal clearance for it, as they wanted to pursue another disco movie project, which never materialized. Composer David Shire, who scored the film, had to, in turn, write a song to match the dance steps demonstrated in the scene and eliminate the need for future legal hassles. However, this track does not appear on the movie's soundtrack.

The Bee Gees's involvement in the film did not begin until post-production. As John Travolta asserted, "The Bee Gees weren't even involved in the movie in the beginning ... I was dancing to Stevie Wonder and Boz Scaggs."[7]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Fever_(soundtrack)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, seven said:

The Boss on European soil. Kicking off the European leg In Barcelona tonight. Brought an ex president friend along.

Next stop in the tour Dublin!

Good to see that Miami Steve (Silvio from the Sopranos) is still in the E Street Band. Michelle on tambourine.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Driving today and this song came on as an extended play. Reminded me of my days in Thailand. 

Probably the most played song in the bars where there is live music played.

This version is as good as I have heard. Especially at 1.15 when the 12 string joins in.

Hope that I get to hear it in a bar in about 6 weeks from now?.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

The singer Oliver Anthony, whose song “Rich Men North of Richmond” has soared to the top of the Billboard singles chart, released a YouTube video on Friday denouncing Republicans and conservative outlets for co-opting his song.

“It was funny seeing that presidential debate,” Anthony said. “I wrote that song about those people.”

A clip of Anthony performing was played by Fox News moderators at the start of the Republican presidential debate on Wednesday night in Milwaukee, after a series of videos of Americans lamenting conditions under President Biden, including inflation and homelessness.

Anthony said Friday it “cracks me up” that the candidates had been forced to listen to his song onstage, because he was singing about powerful people like them.

• Like 2