Jump to content

Forum Will Be Offline


Recommended Posts

There is going to be  a major Forum Upgrade.

 

IMO, the new look is superior to what we have now.  However, at first it may be a bit confusing but  think whwn you get used to it you will like it very much.  Loading speed should be quicker too..

 

The Forum will be temporarily offline while we're doing this upgrade.  The tentative time for the upgrade is 7PM Bangkok time on Wednesday, May 10th..

Link to post

I am signed in to the forum with the new format. It took my user name and password. I like the look of things however it does not show me any new "unread content". I find this odd. Anyone else experiencing same?

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, SiamSam said:

I am signed in to the forum with the new format. It took my user name and password. I like the look of things however it does not show me any new "unread content". I find this odd. Anyone else experiencing same?

 

Yes me too 

Link to post

I like the previous "new content" option better than the "unread content" option. But I'll get used to it I suppose. 

Not crazy about the round icon pictures.

The pictures in posts are thumbnails until you click on them. If you have slow internet that might be a good thing.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post

The change works for me. It certainly does seem to be loading much faster. 

Not crazy about the round icons, but not a big deal.

Not crazy about the thumbnail pics either but as xyzzy points out, they get big when you click on them. And you can easily scroll back and forth using the arrow keys.

I noticed the new option to drag photos to add to a post. I used it to add the below photo.

EDIT: Pics are bigger now so I guess that was changed/fixed.

asian-ladyboy-big-cock-shemale.jpg

Link to post

Personally I think you should change the default for the unread button to show everything instead of just unread (i,e. revert to a 'new content' button). With the new default I now have to go and do an extra click to change the 'read status' column to 'everything'. 

It seems my view is missing all the content between today and Apr 16. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a database issue. See attached screen capture (read status set to everything).

 

LBR missing content on new posts view.JPG

Link to post

There are processes running in the background that will solve many of these issues. It takes a few days for them to run and then things will be a bit better.   But keep the comments coming.  We want to make as many of our members as happy as possible.

The small thumbnail images will not be an issue.  This should get sorted in a few days and the pics will be much bigger.. 

Link to post

Who am I to complain............

Looking good PD...........

Only thing I am missing is the little button that brought up all the new posts so my old tired surgically damaged fingers didn't have to go about on a search mission..........

But I suspect that it is here someplace hidden by my stupidity..........And in due course, I will find it.........

Thanks for all your hard work PD & Company...........

 

 

 

Link to post
9 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

There are processes running in the background that will solve many of these issues. It takes a few days for them to run and then things will be a bit better.   But keep the comments coming.  We want to make as many of our members as happy as possible.

The small thumbnail images will not be an issue.  This should get sorted in a few days and the pics will be much bigger.. 

I really like it so far. It looks far slicker.  Thank you. 

Link to post

I've been trying to get use to this new setup but have to admit I am liking it less and less compared to the way it use to be. I am finding it unnecessarily laborious and not as easy to manipulate as the previous version. Before I would just click "new content" and a page would come up giving me everything that was new and unread. It was fast and easy. Now I have to search and go through numerous steps to find the new posts. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. 

Just curious why people felt there was a need to mess with the original format that seemed to be working fine. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
22 minutes ago, SiamSam said:

I've been trying to get use to this new setup but have to admit I am liking it less and less compared to the way it use to be. I am finding it unnecessarily laborious and not as easy to manipulate as the previous version. Before I would just click "new content" and a page would come up giving me everything that was new and unread. It was fast and easy. Now I have to search and go through numerous steps to find the new posts. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. 

Just curious why people felt there was a need to mess with the original format that seemed to be working fine. 

I would hope/expect that bugs and features get fixed. So far there are things I like and things that will take some getting use to. I do like the new look more than I dislike it. It is definitely loading much faster than the previous version. 

Link to post

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 10.54.33 AM.pngOur tech team is looking into all the bugs.  One bug we found is that if a member had changed his Forum Display handle to something different than his Login Name that the system is creating a new account with the old login name. 

As far as how the new features work, I don't know much more than most of you do.   It appears that you can set up Custom Streams and perhaps this can be used to replicate the old View New Content. I created one called Topics as you can see in the screen shot above in an attempt to replicate View New Content.  You can also customize the content you see my only including certain sub forums.  But my main priority is getting the bugs fixed before I get a handle on how all the features work.  So if you guys figure out a Custom Activity Screen that you thinks suits your needs please let us know.

If you go to Activity then All Activity then this pretty much like the old Spy.

The Forum Admin Panel has also been "upgraded" which makes it difficult for me to find default settings that may exist to implement suggested improvements.

I want to emphasize that the upgrade is not complete.  I'm told it will be a few more days to complete. For example, all previously posted pics should eventually be standard size instead of the thumbnails that you currently see.   

Keep the comments coming.  They will all be looked into.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
22 hours ago, 360 said:

Personally I think you should change the default for the unread button to show everything instead of just unread (i,e. revert to a 'new content' button). With the new default I now have to go and do an extra click to change the 'read status' column to 'everything'. 

It seems my view is missing all the content between today and Apr 16. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a database issue. See attached screen capture (read status set to everything).

 

LBR missing content on new posts view.JPG

360 I set the Time Period to 10 days and that seems to work regarding going back to see the missing content you mention, well at least for 10 days up to now.  It can be set longer of course.

image.png

Link to post

Hey Guys, when leaving feedback about the upgrade it would be helpful if you mention which Browser you use.  If you happen to know which version of the Browser that's even better but most of us probably don't know which version we're using off the top of our head.

Is anyone seeing a Blue layout instead of a Yellow/Gold layout?

 

Link to post
15 hours ago, 360 said:

another feature I'm missing is thread page numbers following the thread title on the main view. Currently clicking on a thread links to page 1, even for previously read threads. 

To get to the last post in a thread just click the time thingy of the last post ( love the technical terms) and it will take you there.

image.png

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...