Fat-shamed London man to party with 1700 women in L.A.

JaiDee

This story really took off in the past few days......turns out some overweight guy was dancing at a club in London when some young girls laughed at him and took his photos and posted them to the internet.

A group of girls in L.A. were angered by that, set out to find him, and did just that; all within the past 3 days. Now they are raising money to bring him to Los Angleles to have the dance party of a lifetime; he and 1700 girls!  They've raised over 27K already and will fly him out there soon; Moby has already said he will DJ for free and with Pharrell Williams and surely some other heavy-hitters coming on board soon this will likely be an awesome event.

The power of the internet at work!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2984032/That-make-Dancing-Man-happy-Pharrell-says-ll-play-party-1-700-women-man-tracked-Twitter-body-shamed-bullies.html

Here's the Funding page; more than 27 grand in one day! He will have the time of his life.

http://www.gofundme.com/neverstopdancing

''Ms Fairbanks said of her group of 1,727 women: 'We would like to fly him to LA for a VIP dance party with the coolest and most awesome ladies in la, please help..''

''Casey Horan wrote: 'We want to throw him a huge dance party with tons of beautiful babes.''

''Another pleaded: 'Help me and my 2,000 girlfriends.''

• Upvote 3

Yeah, they sure are, and I bet it's quite common.

This guy will have the time of his life; knowing the way celebrity culture works here in the US I am quite sure more and more people will come on board, he may even appear on Ellen or some morning TV show, and with stars like Pharrell and Moby on board already surely more will follow.   Good for him, should be a great night with all those girls! 

Recently started to see a few Western ladyboys using the Go Fund Me site.  

Anyone know exactly how it works?

Could the person behind this just pocket the 30K raised?

Hope it's not a scam and the guy gets to party hearty!

Been wondering that myself, PD......and there are many similar 'funding' websites which people raise money from, and ocassionally they will uncover a fraud but who knows which are real and which are scams?  Hard to tell.

This one seems legit, and in fact, since they are way over their goal [in just 36 hours or so!] I bet this guy will fly first-class and stay in a super-nice hotel room, etc.......they were trying for 20 grand, they are up to 31.5 now.

http://www.gofundme.com/neverstopdancing

I wonder if those skanks who posted the pics have heard about this yet?  They will be shocked to see this guy wins in the end.

How about this one for topping out the hypocrisy-meter:

Uninsured Ex-Sheriff Who Fought O-care Struggles To Pay Medical Bills

Former Arizona county sheriff Richard Mack, a fierce opponent of Obamacare and a leader in the "constitutional sheriff" movement, is struggling to pay his medical bills after he and his wife each faced serious illnesses. The former sheriff and his wife do not have health insurance and started a GoFundMe campaign to solicit donations from family and friends to cover the costs of their medical care.

"Because they are self-employed, they have no medical insurance and are in desperate need of our assistance," reads a note on Mack's personal website.

Mack, the founder of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, suffered a heart attack in January and is in recovery. His wife fell ill late last year. Mack is on the board of Oath Keepers, a right-wing fringe group made up of police and military veterans, and is known forsupporting Cliven Bundy in his standoff against the federal government. He is also an ardent opponent of Obamacare.

"The States do not have to take or support or pay for Obamacare or anything else from Washington DC. The States are not subject to federal direction," he wrote on his website, outlining how state governments can block President Obama.........

"Since it appears that recovery will take a good deal of time with associated expenses, I struggle to not feel stress – both the stress of thinking about huge hospital and other medical bills as well as regular living expenses while I am unable to work -- and also the stress of not being able to accomplish what I am so passionate about doing for others," Mack wrote in a note on his GoFundMe page. "It is difficult and humbling to say that we need your help, but we do."

So basically this guy is now begging for people to send him $$$ to take care of his & his wife's medical bill, that's their solution for healthcare... begging. Since this guy has gotten a bit of publicity & I guess he has gotten a lot in the wing nut community, he is just a few hundred dollars short of his goal on GOFUNDME. 
  • Upvote 2

I did see that Hefe,  he was also one of those idiots "militia" members who was at the Cliven Bundy Ranch last summer having a face-off with federal agents.  At that time he really said this;  Appearing on Fox News’ “The Real Story” on Monday, former Sheriff Richard Mack said he and other protesters “were actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front. If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.”

BTW, those ''rogue federal officers'' are also known as brave, on-the-clock paid federal agents from the bureau of land management who were rightfully trying to get some loser to pay his bill for allowing his cattle to graze on federal land. 

Yeah, he's a great guy. A big critic of Obamacare who now needs to beg from the public for help with medical bills, and a coward who is happy to hide behind women in the face of danger.  Far Right-wing of America; this is your base! 

Well, the main problem with that is that most people don't start a Gofundme page to try and cover their bills like this guy did, they just go  to the hospital with no insurance and expect the rest of us to pick up the tab whether we want to or not. And we do; whether we want to or not.

By ''forcing" people to pay into the system for health insurance - you know, like every other industrialized nation on earth does - everyone gets covered.

• Upvote 1

Good question. Don't know...

Well, Sam....you are in a system which provides socialized health care for all; how do you feel about it?

Would you prefer that or what we had in America before 2012, where everyone just kind of fends for themselves and hopes they can get a decent plan through their work?

• 2 months later...

Hey, this guy finally got his party!

Monica Lewinsky was in attendance!  And Moby was the DJ

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3095038/Its-best-night-life-Body-shamed-Dancing-Man-parties-Monica-Lewinsky-host-stars-L-party-organized-honor.html

'It's been the best night of my life': Body-shamed 'Dancing Man' parties with Monica Lewinsky and a host of stars at L.A. party organized in his honor