Do You Prefer the Ladyboy bars or the Ladyboy agogos?

bumblebee

Ladyb Bars or Ladyboy Agogos  

27 members have voted

1. 1. When in Bangkok Do You prefer the LB bars or agogos?

• Ladyboy Bars
    • Labyboy Agogos
    • 50/50
    • Other

i had great time at darkside....absolutely one of the best bars i've been...and where i wll be again shortly.....but i voted others.....came the time for me to hardly stand ladyboys establishments......

Certainly the best talent can be found in the a go-go's bars of True Obsession (ex Obsession) & Charades (ex Cascades) in Nana Plaza and its worth a little tour imho taking in True Obsessions, Charades, Casanova & Temptations maybe having 1 drink in each, however I personally like to "chill out" in a lounge bar (if not getting pestered for drinks)

Yes, the go-go scene definitely grew old for me after a few years.  But, I generally don't care for the LB bars either.  Show me a LB bar where you truly can relax and just have a drink and I'll show you a bridge in Brooklyn that I have for sale.  The bars with a street view are what I like best in BKK, followed by a perusal of the sidewalk talent later in the evening....

• Upvote 2

Show me a LB bar where you truly can relax and just have a drink and I'll show you a bridge in Brooklyn that I have for sale.  

I would say Darkside is very of that style, the girls really don't pester for drinks at all and you can easily be left to your own devices.... How much for that bridge????

• Upvote 2

Me , the go go bar every time. If they had a room in Cascades id move in . i like lots of talent and i like being pestered. I  mostly avoid the bars .. but of course i peruse on occasion in case im missing out.

Even Guess Bar has a stage doesn't it.. so is it bar or gogo or mixed

Casanova has a stage but really is a bar

I voted 'Other'

My first trips to Thailand I couldn't get enough of the Go-Gos and beer bars, both LB and GG establishments. After living here, the novelty quickly wore off. Too much bull shit and drama; been there and done that.

Now when I go to the bars, its to ogle the eye candy and/or meet up with buddies.

Yesterday I walked past Fantasy Lounge on Soi Buakao at 10 am and almost got dragged into the bar. I'm not getting any more handsome, so the girls must really be hurting for customers :)

OT but I was perched at Nikon Court beer hall (for lack of a better description) on Soi Buakao last night and even at 2am, I didn't see one freelancer

I would say Darkside is very of that style, the girls really don't pester for drinks at all and you can easily be left to your own devices.... How much for that bridge????

I’ve been meaning to visit Darkside since it opened, but have never made it over there.  Over the past several years I’ve typically stayed in the heart of the Nana area where there is easy access the skytrain, plenty of bars, and plenty of talent roaming the streets.  I used to explore more, but now like my routines.  Yeah, I’m stuck in a rut…lol.

Actually, I don’t really  expect to go to a LB bar solely to have some drinks and relax, maybe watch a sporting event on a big screen TV.  There are plenty of non-P4P bars for that.  I go with the intention of, if I see someone I like, sealing the deal with my new lifetime companion for the night.  And, I can appreciate the fact that the girls in a LB bar may well look somewhat askance at, “That weirdo who comes to our bar just to drink and look at us but nothing else.  What’s his problem?  Let’s beat the crap out of him.”  Or, you know, something like that.

What I don’t appreciate, however, is the immediate full-on frontal assault the split second I enter a LB bar.  Sometimes that kind of festivity can be fun, but many times it’s simply annoying and can destroy the original objective of going to that bar in the first place.

Case in point.  I had three nights in BKK earlier this month while traveling through on business.  I had enjoyed Check-In Bar in the past, in both its incarnations - the little hole in the wall bar just off of Soi 5 (very convenient to order a kebab from the guy next door, and then sit at the bar having a cold one while waiting for my snack) and the alco-cart late at night.  I had barfined a couple of girls from both venues.  Like others I liked its “little ladyboy bar that could” vibe.  But I had not yet been to the new CIB further down the alleyway toward Soi 7.

So, one evening around 8:00 I walked in.  At least 15 LBs but no customers.  Ruh Roh!  Usually in situations like this I do an immediate turn around and flee back out the door.  Why?  The esteemed membership of this august forum knows why.  You are going to be the immediate center of attention.  It could be good, or it could be bad.  (Now, if there are any newbs reading this and having a masturbatory fantasy about such goings on let me assure you that, yes, the first time this happens you think you are in heaven; the twentieth time it happens you think you are in hell, no matter how gorgeous the little devils are.)

Well, too late.  Within nanoseconds I was surrounded by half a dozen LBs and ushered to a table.  I ordered a beer.  They brought the beer.  I attempted to chug the beer in warp speed in order to then loudly proclaim with a broad smile, “Wow!  That hit the spot!  Thanks ladies!  Check bin kup!”  Oh, but they’re too wise for that.  Half-way through the chug…wait for it…you know it’s coming…”You buy me drink?”  Repeated by all six of them.  Now, there will be some who will say, “Hey!  You don’t have to buy them a drink if you don’t want!  Up2U!”  To which the soiboy will reply, “Yeah?  So how’s that work out for you, Sparky?”  I was stuck.  They knew it.  I knew it.  Six drinks and another beer for me.

OK, since I’m in this for ST money at this point, and since they were being very physical with me, with a couple even going so far as to show me their genitalia and tell me how hard they can get (Shocking!  Shocking I tell you!) and that I was welcomed to have a feel for myself, what was the poor hapless soiboy to do except to verify the veracity of their proclamations.

So, yes, that was fun, but the annoyance would not subside.  After I finished my beer I asked for the check and told them I had to meet a friend.  A lame excuse.  They knew it.  I knew it.  I went back out to my natural habitat, the street, and later that night culled a very suitable freelancer from the herd.

(Oh, yes, that bridge.  I almost forgot.  It’s been in my family for years.  Some tribal land grant thing from the 1800s.  Unfortunately, my family has fallen on hard times and I must sell it.  For you, $20,000 USD.  It’s a bargain.  Please bring cash.)

• Upvote 4

Cool mess of words soiboy.

so true in every way ones they have you in some of those bars you sure are trapped and they know exactly

how to get drinks out of you. And most of us dont know what they are saying.

On another front any takers on the bridge yet I here you are selling it cheap.   

Well put Soiboy, couldn't agree with you more. Been there, done that, yada yada. But, nonetheless I enjoy it and given the farangland alternative it's out helleva experience to gripe about. Gotta love Thailand and all its' nuttiness. What I wouldn't give to have a half dozen ladyboys bugging me to buy them a drink right now. I'd probably buy them two and if their cocks were pronounced enough perhaps three. Yup, I'd have nothing but hard cocks to gripe about. Such a burden.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I'm a convert, these days more comfortable in a bar than a GoGo be it ladyboys or genetic girls especially in Pattaya where none of the three ladyboy GoGo Bars have ever appealed.

In Bangkok early this month, I did have a drink in Charades (formerly Cascade) just for old time sake but the non stop pressure in being hassled for lady drinks meant we soon moved on to Temptations where it was much less intimidating, although except for a couple of lookers the talent was not registering on my shagometer.

• Upvote 2