Robin Williams Rip.

seven

Some years back I worked for a large company in NorCal that fabricated solid surface stone kitchens and bathrooms and the like...I wasn't a fabricator or an installer I was the buyer...I bought all the stone that was to be fabricated into someone's beautiful kitchen or bath...

Somehow one of our sales people got a contract to do Robins Williams kitchen...It was around Xmas time and of course, with such a high profile client, all the best installers were on the job...The lead installers...His name was Ron as I recall..A really nice guy......The guys worked long hours and didnt get much free time...

As guys do they started talking about things not installation related...Ron had a young son...It was Xmas time as I said and apparently Ron's son wanted some sort of electronic game thing that was very popular at the time...Well Ron wasn't able to find one...Every store where he looked was sold out...He told that story to the other guys as they were working...He was concerned for his son's disappointment...Apparently others in the house heard the story as well and shortly Robin came in and handed Ron a package with the electronic game thing...Robin had personally  gone out and found one...Ron of course was overjoyed and tried to pay Robin but he would have none of that...And said only that it was his pleasure to help put a smile on Ron's son's face on Xmas morning...

Since then every time I have seen Robin Williams I am reminded of that silly simply story.........

So what does that tell you about a person who would do such a kindness for a complete stranger..........

He was not only an extremely talented man...He was a nice man........

So tonight in his honor I think I will pop Good Morning Vietnam in the DVD ....It is both funny and poignant and also has the cutest Thai girl playing a Vietnamese girl you have ever seen...Well, maybe not you all, but me............

• Upvote 8

Heres a quick Robin Williams story:  My Uncle lives in San Diego and was taking a trip up in San Fran.  he is an avid bike rider.  He was on his bike one day right on The Golden gate Bridge and he got a flat.  This guy comes up and asked if he needed some help.  Evidently this guy had some kindo of patch kit with hima nd my uncle didnt.  He helped him, had a chat and then my uncle thought he recognised him.  It was Robin Williams.  They had a chat about their common interest, bike riding, and he left.  Evidently he was into bike riding as well. 

Another thign Ihave heard a couple of times was that Robin Williams and Christopher Reeves were buddies when they were nobodies trying to make it in the business in LA.  They both had a "pact" where they agreed that if one of them made it then the other would do anything he could to take care of the other guy who didnt make it.  Well, they both made it in the business.  When Reeves became paralysed after a horse riding accident, Robin Williams did A LOT to help care for Reeves andhis family.

Just an all around good guy who was in a terribly bad place.......

• Upvote 2

Indeed.  I think i like his "serious" stuff more. One hour photo, Dead poets society, Insomnia.

If you have yet to see Good Will Hunting, check it out; he plays the role of a burnt-out college psych professor tasked with straightening out a young Matt Damon;  one of my favorite movies ever and he won best supporting actor for it.

If you have yet to see Good Will Hunting, check it out; he plays the role of a burnt-out college psych professor tasked with straightening out a young Matt Damon;  one of my favorite movies ever and he won best supporting actor for it.

I'm ashamed to say i haven't seen that movie. Back then i had a problem with Damon and Affleck and they stopped me from watching it, but i will now.

I see these assholes are at it again.

Westboro Baptist threatens to picket Robin Williams funeral:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/08/westboro_baptist_robin_williams_funeral.html

While around the world, fans, friends and family are mourning and memorializing Robin Williams, Westboro Baptist Church could be planning to picket the funeral of the late actor.

The Kansas-based anti-gay group let off a stream of tweets in the wake of the actor's death on Monday, including a few suggesting that the group may be planning to picket Williams' memorial service.

• 1 year later...