Robin Williams Rip.

seven

Just saw Dead Poets Society again after many years.  Good movie.....

I agree, a most excellent movie. Along with Good Will Hunting they are my two favourites of his.

There was also something very sinister I enjoyed about One Hour Photo too.

I always thought he was at his best in more serious roles. 

Two of my Robin favorites a bit more obscure....

The Fisher King with Jeff Bridges....A perfect role for Robin........

And the extremely obscure, The Best of Times with Kurt Russell...Are you ready for some football............

Both bring a smile to my heart............

Here's an an excerpt of a People's Magazine interview from The Huffington Post:

Susan Schneider, Robin Williams' widow, recently sat down with People to talk about her late husband's battle with Lewy body dementia and his August 2014 suicide. 

"I completely forgave him, I completely understood," Schneider told People magazine, in reference to her husband's death. "I was beside myself in agony, but he fought to the end and I didn't know what we were fighting, but I knew we were fighting hard."

While some speculated that Williams suffered from depression, Schneider explained to People that it wasn't the main cause of his death. 

"It was not depression that killed Robin," she said. "Depression was one of let's call it 50 symptoms and it was a small one."

Williams was eventually diagnosed Lewy body dementia after his death. LBD is the second most common form of dementia, with symptoms like visual hallucinations and depression. Now armed with the knowledge of her late husband's disease, Schneider told People that his symptoms -- and his death-- make more sense

"I can't help but think that there's some big plan and that Robin and I are a small part of it," she said to People. "We fought beside each other and we gave it our best."

I wonder if those good "Christians" from Westboro Baptist Church have any thoughts about this as they were threatening to picket his funeral.