Can one ladyboy put you off going to a bar?

bumblebee

Sorta connected with girls hassling us for lady drinks brings us onto the subject of certain girls putting us off actually going to a particular bar.  I have had the experience once and just never went near that bar even though it was one of my favourites.  Not sure if it was worth talking to the management about the issue at the time as it would probably have pissed the said ladyboy off more and my head is too soft for a stiletto. Even when she moved to a new bar I wouldn't go there either unless in the company of a few guys and fingers crossed she was not working that night. 

you have to be optimistic....for 1 ladyboy with a stiletto...you have 5 defending you...do not be discouraged!!!!

Five ladyboys defending me....? OK, but usually the locals hang together. If one ladyboy attacks you I doubt another five will rush to aid you, but YMMV :)

Yeah, one LB might leave a bad taste in my mouth IF the management/owner is there and ignores me being screwed over. The guys on this forum seem to be more objective and less inclined to being mistreated or taken advantage of.

• Upvote 1

Five ladyboys defending me....? OK, but usually the locals hang together. If one ladyboy attacks you I doubt another five will rush to aid you, but YMMV :)Yeah, one LB might leave a bad taste in my mouth IF8 the management/owner is there and ignores me being screwed over. The guys on this forum seem to be more objective and less inclined to being mistreated or taken advantage of.

Agreed, I could never imagine 5 (or even 2 for that matter) siding with farang over a Thai, even if they don't even like that Thai

you have to be optimistic....for 1 ladyboy with a stiletto...you have 5 defending you...do not be discouraged!!!!

This is history now Sustra, it did not bother me too much at the time as there were/are plenty more options to spend my evenings.  But I am curious to know how many guys do avoid bars because of the attitude of a member of staff.

I've probably avoided most of the well known bars at one time or another because a ladyboy was giving me a hard time or a hard sell.  131 Club comes to mind as being particularly unfriendly for a while.  And a few of the old La Bamba staff didn't care for me much, and let me know it.  Not that I gave a fuck. There was always other options.

• Upvote 1

Guest sustra

This is history now Sustra, it did not bother me too much at the time as there were/are plenty more options to spend my evenings.  But I am curious to know how many guys do avoid bars because of the attitude of a member of staff.

many of us avoid bars where you cannot find an "atmosphere"......all over the world...especially Thai where, as you say...the options are....unlimited.....

If it was a bar I liked there's no way one ladyboy would put me off unless she had done something really bad .

Just to pose as devils advocate anyone ever been put off going to a bar because a certain BM drank there ? 

• Upvote 2

Just to pose as devils advocate anyone ever been put off going to a bar because a certain BM drank there ? 

I think that would be a yes from many here.  I have occasionally  got a call or been let known that such and such is in a bar and don't bother coming.  Or you would be about to enter a bar and you spot the avoidee and do a swift U turn hoping you haven't been clocked. :movethatass:

I have occasionally  got a call or been let known that such and such is in a bar and don't bother coming.  Or you would be about to enter a bar and you spot the avoidee and do a swift U turn hoping you haven't been clocked. :movethatass:

Ive oftened wondered why all the bars I drank in were dead, now I know :sad0116:

• Upvote 3

I think that would be a yes from many here.  I have occasionally  got a call or been let known that such and such is in a bar and don't bother coming.  Or you would be about to enter a bar and you spot the avoidee and do a swift U turn hoping you haven't been clocked. :movethatass:

I can understand how perhaps if you had a conflict with a girl in a bar and you want to avoid that bar and the possibility of revisiting that conflict you would avoid that bar for a bit...that makes perfect sense to  me...in fact that has happened to me during my travels on at least one occasion...but it passed quickly...

Why you would avoid a bar because a BM (that means board member right ? - someone on this forum)  was sitting there having a drink I have a hard time understanding...I could understand it I suppose,  if you were frightened of the person beating your head in...But I truly can't imagine anyone on this  forum who would act that way.  There are some folk here who clearly don't like me.  That's cool.   And there are some folk here who frighten me a great deal...But not because I fear for my body...

So I assume it ain't the fear of getting your ass beat that would keep you from wandering into a bar with certain BMs present...so it must be some other fear...or dislike or hate...of whatever....................

If that is the case, my question to you is, why would you so empower someone that kind of control over your life?   Cause that is all you are doing.  Giving that person power over you...In my view, every time you grant someone power over you, you lose a little bit of yourself - you lose a little bit of self respect...Do it enough times and you'll downright start hating yourself......

And I ain't suggesting that I am immune from that kind of behavior,  I just truly don't understand it..............

• Upvote 2

There are certain guys, none of whom are posters on this forum (at least I don't believe they are) who are best avoiding. Not because of fear of them, or getting your head beat in, simply the fact you know you don't want to be around them because they:

• Simply bore the tits clean off you
  • Insist on talking politics and/or religion
  • Are self imposed gurus of the LB and Thailand scene
  • You may want to beat their head in after a while

Or other reasons that simply make you decide it is best to move on elsewhere so you can enjoy you night. With most of us visiting for short periods of time, maybe two or three weeks a couple of times a year, every night is important, so the last thing anybody wants is a ruined night through no fault of your own.

• Upvote 4

Like Ciobha says there are guys in the scene who can be a pain to bump into at times. So if there is a chance to avoid getting stuck with them for any length of time then most of us would take it.

I recall one guy who goes on and on about crap. I spotted him in a bar just after I ordered my drink, too late. I tried to put my friend between him and myself but finally he saw me. He comes over and gives me a big hug and kiss, yes a kiss on the cheek. He then proceeds on a one way conversation about all the problems he is having on his trip, all his conquests and issues he has with certain guys.

I am out for an enjoyable night and do not want to play counselor to anyone I barely know and listen to his list of fucks.... boring, not impressed. Maybe that sounds harsh to some but I reckon most of us feel the same way.

Fair play guys...I believe you both and stand corrected... :drinks:

I know BB but a little bit...but enough to know that he is definitely one of the good guys...I was kinda sorta shocked at his first post on this thread cause I can't imagine that a ladyboy would ever be angry at him...He is truly a very nice person...

I don't recall that I have ever met Ciobha however, from the tenor of his posts I can easily guess that he too is a nice young lad and goes through life with a smile on his face...

And that is where we differ boys...and it's miles...I am a real live curmudgeon...An old asshole...and I learned even when I was a young asshole to say "fuck off" with conviction...

Saying it with some frequency clearly doesn't make me electable, but it does  keeps the other assholes away...

Whether it be a ladyboy or a fellow BM or customer. If anyone makes me feel uncomfortable for whatever personal reason which may spoil my time or make me feel uncomfortable then that's a perfectly valid reason to move on, in my opinion.

Moving on or spinning around and retreating is something I've done a number of times. There is often a gentle sigh of relief when certain individuals are not at a particular bar when arriving. It can include management or certain bar staff too, as well as customers.

The primary reason I have for choosing to leave or simply not visit a certain bar at all is knowing there's a good chance of one or more particular individuals being there who believe it's their right to be over-familiar, not with just me necessarily, but with my girlfriend or belle de jour. Just because they happen to know me or both of us they feel they have some sort of right to 'play' with her and this displays an immense amount of disrespect to both her and me. Some BM's are just assholes in that regard because they are having a monger's holiday and portraying their repulsive 'every girl is available' attitude without consideration toward others.

Maybe it's just something that happens to certain people once their feet touch Thai soil, they treat every girl as a potential fuck or playmate and believe it's up to them. The difference between decent guys who are simply being friendly and sociable, such as the majority on this forum, as opposed to those disrespectful people, who seem oblivious to their potentially upsetting behaviour, is immense. They wouldn't do that back home with their friend's wives or girlfriends, that's for sure. So why do it here (in Thailand). Same goes for photos too. It's all about respect. I see it happen towards others too, not just me, and I find that just as irritating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Whether it be a ladyboy or a fellow BM or customer. If anyone makes me feel uncomfortable for whatever personal reason which may spoil my time or make me feel uncomfortable then that's a perfectly valid reason to move on, in my opinion.

Well said DC.

The things that make me feel uncomfortable might even be very minor issues, but with 10.000 bars in Pattaya I can be choosy.

And some of the problems I have had were a result of me making a big deal out of something I should have just brushed off.  So I might have to avoid a bar because of me.  :biggrin:

Guess the big problem is if there is somone you want to avoid in your favorite local.

• Upvote 1

He then proceeds on a one way conversation about all the problems he is having on his trip, all his conquests and issues he has with certain guys.

I know a couple of guys like that, just say hello and they will take the conversation from there. Some guys are ok- in small doses :)

• 1 month later...

I concur 100%.

Of course, were I to 'yak yak' the missus about (seemingly gladly) accepting this over-familiarity, then I would have been the one at fault.  Then, if I even return a wave from a LB (with whom I have never been, and with whom I will never go), I get some really vicious shit thrown at me.  Sorry - got.

It can be a bit of a mine field trying to pretend you don't notice passing ladyboys when the one you are with is keeping tabs on you.  Such is the stress of being in Los. :biggrin:

• 3 months later...

have to remember we are all human with different likes and dislikes, I wouldn't turn around from any bar in LOS  even if there was someone there I disliked, I just stand well away from them, and don't make eye contact in other words they aint there in my book. I will speak and say hello to most people when they pass or come over, although ive got one of those faces that seems to put people off coming over sometimes LOL.... If any guy starts messing about with the LB I am with I tell him move on your taking the piss, its disrespectful in my book I wouldn't do it with anyone else if they were with an LB even ones ive fucked in the past, most guys that know me know I am ok, the others just judge u from afar and make up there own minds or someone has planted a seed in there head <_< .. The people I don't have it with are bar-owners that slag off other bar owners behind there back,!!! and guys that are hassling me for money to buy a ticket for a event, if I want a ticket I will find out which bar has them,and buy one there :search:am on holiday FFS have enough people asking me in the UK to give to this or that charity don't need it in LOS.... am a straight talker, a good guy with old school morals I don't suffer fools lightly ..... what u see is what u get.... :biggrin: Regards Garry :hi:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yes, every girl can have a bad night.  After all, they often need to deal with some rather foul characters.  But, a lot of the time it's not just one bad apple (no offense to anyone named "Apple"!), but a bad climate or culture that's been allowed to develop in a particular bar.  These are the bars I stay away from, even though there are undoubtedly some sweethearts in the mix.  Some will say, "Oh, just give that bar another chance."  Seriously?  With dozens upon dozens of bars to choose from?  I don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 11 months later...

Any new nominees for ladyboys who put you off going to a particular bar?

Yes, Ae (ex Horny Bar) has stopped me going to the Fantasy Lounge, I have taken Ae twice from Horny Bar in the past but then took May (with braces) from there the next trip and from Fantasy the trip after,

I was passing Fantasy one early evening on yet another trip and saw May, she called me in but out of nowhere Ae appeared and starting giving me hairflicks and abuse so I didnt bother, the bar has now lost me as a customer  :hi:

• Upvote 3

Ae appeared and starting giving me hairflicks and abuse so I didnt bother, the bar has now lost me as a customer  :hi:

I reckon that strong management tries their best to set up a system so that the staff's self interest does not overly conflict with a smoothly running bar.

In your situation everyone lost. May lost a potential customer, the bar lost drink and ladydrink revenue, and you lost a great shag all because one ladyboy chose to act out which really gave her nothing but the satisfaction of blowing off steam.

I guess some drama is inevitable but I think most of us wants to minimize drama.  If a bar can't control its staff, they're going to lose customers.

• Upvote 2

In your situation everyone lost. May lost a potential customer, the bar lost drink and ladydrink revenue, and you lost a great shag all because one ladyboy chose to act out which really gave her nothing but the satisfaction of blowing off steam.

I did feel a wee bit sorry for May as she looked on sheepish as if she unable to do anything, scared of Ae perhaps?

But your right May did lose a customer, the bar lost a barfine, my drinks plus ladydrinks revenue (hey I would have even bought Ae a couple for old times sake), and yes I did miss out on a great shag   :sorry:

• Like 1