The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Guest sustra

he tried first with Genoa ( and Portugal ) but they refused to sponsor him...that is why in italy all jokes about cheap charlies are about people form Genoa.....

It seems they found Santa Maria after 500 years...i am asking myself how long it will take to find the Malaysian airplane...500 years too??????

• Upvote 1

i have no idea....but i know that sheffield football club is one of the oldest in the world....

it is indeed....and that club still exists at an amateur level...but the 2 professional clubs in sheffield are united and wednesday..

My logical would be they were founded on a Wednesday?

they were founded by shop workers who had to work on a saturday(butchers i think)...so the only day they could play was wednesday afternoon when they worked only half day

This one is for Non-Yanks only, please;  we have had this answer drilled into our heads since the time we were 5 years old.

What were the names of the 3 ships Columbus took to discover the new world in 1492?

One was in the news recently because they think they may have found its remains.

Honestly, given the state of some of our public schools why would you think Yanks would know this cold???

Guest sustra

Which is the only current animal which has the same common name AND scientific name?

For example, the Great White Shark (common name) has the scientific name Carcharodon Carcharias.

the lynx????

Boston is leading 3 games to 2 in the Bruins/Canadiens face off. Tomorrow night is a biggy. They're playing in Montreal. Needless to say we want a seventh game back in Boston so we can whoop their Yankee asses!!!! 

Even though I've never been to Quebec, the Canadiens have always been my favorite hockey team. When I was a little kid and we went to visit my spinster aunt in a small prairie town in Saskatchewan and I would get my folks to buy cereal because the back of the boxes was a giant card of various hockey players. I got boxes with Gump Worsley and JC Tremblay on the back. I cut them out and may still have them tucked away in a box somewhere. Even since the Canadiens have my team. 

Boston is leading 3 games to 2 in the Bruins/Canadiens face off. Tomorrow night is a biggy. They're playing in Montreal. Needless to say we want a seventh game back in Boston so we can whoop their Yankee asses!!!! 

Surprised you didn't do a follow up to this Siam Sam, congratulations to Montreal, winning game 7 over Boston 3-1. Now onto another good series with the Rangers. Hopefully they can win the Stanley Cup this year!

On the island Tanna in Vanuatu, South Pacific the locals consider what well person a god?

Not sure what a "well person" is?  I think they have a cargo cult there, I believe it started during WWII  so I would guess it would be someone like McArthur or Roosevelt, can't get my neural pathways to spark anymore info.

Phil the Greek, married to HM the Queen.

You know your trivia sir, the type of info that once you hear it, it cannot be forgotten. :hi:   This is the kind of stuff WTP enjoys if he does not know it already I reckon. :biggrin:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6734469.stm

"Ancient legend

Chief Jack squatted on the ground as he told me how the Prince Philip cult had come about.

It seems that it emerged some time in the 1960s, when Vanuatu was an Anglo-French colony known as the New Hebrides.

For centuries, perhaps millennia, villagers had believed in an ancient story about the son of a mountain spirit venturing across the seas to look for a powerful woman to marry.

They believed that unlike them, this spirit had pale skin.

Somehow the legend gradually became associated with Prince Philip, who had indeed married a rich and powerful lady.

Villagers would have seen his portrait - and that of the Queen - in government outposts and police stations run by British colonial officials.

Their beliefs were bolstered in 1974, when the Queen and Prince Philip made an official visit to the New Hebrides. Here was their ancestral spirit, resplendent in a white naval officer's uniform, come back to show off his bride.

"He's a god, not a man," the chief told me emphatically, pointing at the portraits. "

555..regarding the wank Willie. Michael Ryan sounds correct. I recall it being an Irish surname.

close but no cigar.........michael fagan was his name......during the hullabaloo that surrounded it,it turned out that phil the greek hadn't slept in the same bedroom as Madge for 18 years.....which was handy when michael fagan got his knob out......apparently phil the greek was boning one of the ladies in waiting for years,so now we know what theyre waiting for......cock.

I remember 2 for sure, Enterprise and Yorktown (which was the one that sank), I will guess at the 3rd and say Essex.

Enterprise and Yorktown, yes. Essex no. The ill fated Yorktown limped into the battle to begin with, having been damaged at The Battle of Coral Sea. When she arrived at Pearl they did not have time to completely repair all the damage before the 3 had to get underway for the Midway Battle. The Japs scored some hits, but due to the US having superior fire suppression systems in place, the fire was extinguished and the hole in the deck repaired, so when a 2nd wave of Jap planes spotted her, there was no smoke, so they assumed they were seeing a different carrier and scored some more hits that turned out to be fatal. 

The 3rd carrier at Midway was the Hornet.