The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

I'm guessing but the origin sounds like it is could be associated with boxing. When a boxer is knocked down the referee begins the 10 count. If during the count the bell rings (ending the round) the count would cease thus giving the boxer 2 minutes in his corner to regain his composure. Hence the saying: "he was saved by the bell." 

Yes route67, that was the one I was looking for. Originated around the time of the Black Death plague. People were afraid of being mistaken for dead and buried alive. They started making coffins with a string that would attach to a bell on the headstone. If a person woke up buried alive, they would pull on the string and the "graveyard shift" would hopefully hear it and dig up the person.

• Upvote 1

Believe it or not Bar Codes are 40 years old today. For the past 40 years we have been scanning every product imaginable.

What was the first product to be scanned? 

This is my first recollection of it. Stiff little fingers- Nobodys heroes.

I never bought the album, but i thought the cover looked cool.

post-342-0-57548100-1403831866_thumb.jpe

• Upvote 1

This is my first recollection of it. Stiff little fingers- Nobodys heroes.

Wow, never thought I'd read THAT name on a Ladyboy forum!

My favorite punk band ever, I had that Nobody's Heroes album the year I finished high school and played it so much I wore grooves in it.  True rock 'n' roll heroes from Belfast who never got the credit they deserved.

Here's a bad lip-synced version of a classic tune.