The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

5 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Now,  I'm not saying that Kid Poke has a-killed a couple of deputies, not that i know of anyway, but rumours abound in London that a man known variously as Kid Poke or Kid Clint, with other alias's  once allegedly plugged an Afghani Trannie full of lead in a dubious West End club, for wearing a similar dress to his, one party night.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 12.44.52.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Lefty said:

I mentioned it in the movie thread, but any fans here of the western genre owe it to themselves to watch Old Henry. Every western fan I know who has watched it, liked it. IMO, the best western since Unforgiven in 1992

I’ll check it out. If it’s comparable to Unforgiven then it must be good. Unforgiven is one of the best Westerns ever made; Eastwood’s best work, I’d say.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Sylvester said:

I’ll check it out. If it’s comparable to Unforgiven then it must be good. Unforgiven is one of the best Westerns ever made; Eastwood’s best work, I’d say.

It's either 1st or 2nd between it and The Outlaw Josey Wales. Both much better than any spaghetti western IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Lefty said:

It's either 1st or 2nd between it and The Outlaw Josey Wales. Both much better than any spaghetti western IMO.

A new Rule was made after outlaw jw , since eastwood fired the director and directed the movie himself since he wanted sondra locke for himself , the guild came in and said a actor can never fire a director while in production and recieve credit as it was going on a bit and that was that , although it gone on a few times since but the actor was never allowed director credit like eastwood :)

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Sylvester said:

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps a typo.

I watched Old Henry for a second time again last evening. I can't believe how many things I missed the first time. Certain lines and such. Still in the back half of my top ten westerns though.

• Like 1
On 11/8/2022 at 5:07 AM, Cinederose said:

And dont get me started on hawkes Red River lol those two guys should get a room ;)

Which two? Howard Hawks and John Wayne? BTW, both hated High Noon, and made Rio Bravo as a sort of rebuttal movie. I still much prefer High Noon.

23 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Former President Trump, also born in NYC, released a statement claiming that he is being investigated “more than Billy the Kid"

The slimy crooked son of a bitch deserves to be investigated 1000x more than Billy the Kid ever did. He was an honest ranch hand until his mentor John Tunstall was murdered by the Murphy, Dolan, Brady faction.  

Fuck that fucking Trump and any idiot stupid enough to believe a single word that ever spews from his pie hole. 

Speaking of John Wesley Hardin, there were a couple of others who by some accounts were more notorious killers. But not the pistolero Hardin was. "Mysterious Dave" Mather was one, and Bill Longley was another. Many of their killings were never verified and others were not fair fights. Two others who killed more than Hardin but again not the pistolero he was, were Deacon Jim Miller, and Tom Horn. In a straight up show down gunfight, Hardin would have been the deadliest. 

Someone mentioned thinking Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were killers. While they weren't, some members of their Hole in the Wall Gang were wanted for multiple killings. Harvey Logan aka Kid Curry, and Harry Tracy were two of the most well known.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Tonight all the planets in our solar system will be visible. Doesn't happen very often, about every 20 years. The dawning of the Age of Aquarius? Auspicious for Teya on her birthday?

https://www.metro.co.uk/2022/12/29/you-can-see-all-the-planets-in-the-solar-system-in-the-sky-tonight-18009154/

Screenshot 2022-12-29 13.13.38.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 13.16.08.png

8 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Love this type of stuff, will take a peep out later.  

Did you get to see anything bb? The light pollution over London makes it difficult to see the fainter planets but I did see Venus, Saturn and Jupiter which was the biggest and brightest. I think Mars will be visible a bit later.

Pics of Jupiter behind the Moon from my window.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.34.50.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.36.46.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.38.12.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.39.56.png

• Like 1