La Bamba: What's Up?

bumblebee

I can't wait til there website is up. Was there last week and meet the most beautiful ladyboy I have seen by the name of View, its pronounced that way but not sure if thats how it's spelled. I'm back in California now and I can't wait to get back to pattaya again. If anyone sees her tell her Sam is thinking about her.

you are not alone, i am in the same situation..

She appears to be going by "Wil" nowadays, and boy howdy is she making waves on the ladyboy scene!

I can't remember a new girl on the scene making so much of a splash since Nikki back in the Club 131 days.

Now, now,you just have to be patient and charm her. Woo Miss Wil,if you would, and you will, perhaps, achieve your goal. Actually that was all just an excuse to alliterate and pun ....

Heh ... Thaibound ... Wil-lowy ... 555. And listen to 4:17. He is wise and all knowing. And ridiculously good looking too. 

Seriously, I think some of you may just mistaking shyness for frosty attitude. She really is a sweetie once you get to know her, albeit a feisty one. 

And you know sometimes the chemistry just isn't there ... 

Exactly.  My contribution was intended more as a put-down for me, than for the two starlets mentioned.  My goal is not to waste my time on those who need to be charmed!! 

true TT, if they are playing hard to get it feels too much like being home, I switch off quickly in LOS when it happens with a bargirl.

Eh, to each his own, I guess. For me charming them is half the fun, sweet-mouthed devil that I am. In fact when they don't respond to being charmed, I tend to be turned off. I've found that the charmed ones often tend to uh ... go the extra mile, shall we say, back in the room, too, so there's that.

And bear in mind, as those who have met me will attest, I'm 40-something and no prize in the looks department.

Nice to see that La Bamba has a more permanent Fairy Godfather.........

I really hope that the recent move to a venue, that includes rooms for rent, will be a new start for the La Bamba team

I personally have always had a soft spot for the bar and still reckon that it is one of the best run and friendly lounge bars in town.  When Frank started 131, with Sam, the intent was a smaller copy of Guess bar.

When Frank left Sam was caught short - he discovered he owned very little for his investment. I did the audit. Frank could sell snow to Eskimos.

The decision was made to start fresh - La Bamba was born. Sam had some interesting experiences. Previous partner stripped the bar and took off. Only a police notice, barring her from the premises, and a 1 month closure enabled Sam to reopen. She held the various licenses but, fortunately, no the lease.

Nok now became the licensee, mamasan and cashier.

Sam gradually lost interest in the bar and basically went silent. He just stopped communicating.

5 months of accounts were unpaid and the bank book could not be renewed as it was in Sam's name.

After 3 years Nok had a choice - take over Sam's expiring lease or quit. She carried on with much encouragement from Ciobha and so many others. Her concern was that Sam could reappear at any time and reclaim fixtures and fittings.

Nok needed someone to share some of the responsiblity and help her. Annie joined the team. Annie is a tough cookie with a level head and has known Nok (and Nancy) for years. She is a huge calming influence and a bastion of support to Nok - like a big sister.

November 2012 dealt an even more cruel blow - the landlord wanted a 67% increase in rent and further key money. LaBamba was on the brink of needing to close - no cashflow and an exorbitant rent.

A miracle occured as then an alternative venue in the same Soi was found.

Nok has been through a tough period never knowing what her future may hold. Now the move finally breaks any ties, with the past, and she can look forward to operating her own bar and Guest House.

Nok and her staff have a unique opportunity - many bars are struggling with shorter High Season and lower, slower Low season so any new stream of income is a huge bonus.

Most Thai operated bars have poor visibilty on the Forums as the Thai operators seem incapable of updating forums.

Having 4.17 to help promote is fantastic. In the past they relied on their customers and 'friends' to post on their behalf.

I wish LaBamba, Nok, Annie and all her team all the success that they really do really deserve.

Thanks for the histroy Rossco.  My best wishes to Nok and the team. Glass

Like I said the last time I saw Wil, which was about a week ago today, she and I seem to hit it off pretty well.  As for me 4:17 I too am over 40.  So for those who see her and are lucky enough to be with her I envy you, for it will be at least a year before i can make it out that way again.  Hopefully she is still there and looking great as ever. 

Ta, BB. Wee Ying sure is a toothsome little lass. As for those shoes behind the couch, I guess they couldn't find anymore shoe storage upstairs. I think the bar could subsist on used highheeled shoe sales for several months, if it had to, 555.  :biggrin:

Heh ... Thaibound ... Wil-lowy ... 555.

Seriously, I think some of you may just mistaking shyness for frosty attitude. She really is a sweetie once you get to know her

Oh, don't encourage him.

Thaibound, I'll have you know that I was in La Bamba tonight and Wil voluntarily smiled at me more than once. It was not gas, which i still claim was the force behind the facial contortion you are trying to claim as a smile that was directed in your general vicinity last week. And the capper: I have photographic proof that she willingly and of her own volition genuinely smiled right at me - twice (at least!) - this evening.

Looks like old DT is wearing her down a.k.a. charming the pants off of her. It helped that Siam Sam was acting as wingman, they all loves the guy.

On an unrelated note, little Ying (who happily accepted my offer of a drink this evening, and seemed genuinely disappointed when I told her I had to leave without her) has apparently finished the arduous legal proceedings required to change ones name. Henceforth she has informed us that she will be known throughout the kingdom as LEYA.

Someone on that other forum actually asked an intelligent question, much to my surprise. Now that La Bamba is a guesthouse, is the bar open during the day? 

Here's my response ... 

Actually that's a good question. While the bar officially opens at 6 p.m., often there is someone about in the bar throughout the day, cleaning, seeing to other things (feeding the fish, stocking, etc.), or just minding the store. Nok plans to have someone in the bar and available for guesthouse guests anytime there is someone renting a room upstairs. Now usually the bar itself isn't in "customer" mode during this time, but if Nok or Annie is around and you want to have a beer, they are usually amenable -- if not, they will tell you the bar isn't open (but usually they or whoever is minding the store will try and accommodate you). Bear in mind, that usually during the day, the bar maybe in a bit of dissaray, in terms of furniture and whatnot -- all the chairs and speakers and whatnot that sit outside during the evening are inside, you got guys delivering ice and beer and whatnot in and out in the afternoon, and so forth (it always amazes me how fast the girls get the bar from looking like a disaster area to spic and span and ready for opening). 

Annie, Nok's cousin, will usually be the person floating around during the day; she's the defacto bar manager; a great girl and a long-time veteran of the Family Bars up Naklua way -- but she's away on holiday with her boyfriend at the moment (supposed to be back soon, this week or next, if memory servers). We hope she gets back soon, because Nok could really use a break; she's been working pretty much non-stop since the beginning of December, the poor dear.

In the future I think Nok would like to have the bar officially open during the day, at least during peak times when the guest rooms are fully booked -- but that's down the road.

Oh, don't encourage him.

Thaibound, I'll have you know that I was in La Bamba tonight and Wil voluntarily smiled at me more than once. It was not gas, which i still claim was the force behind the facial contortion you are trying to claim as a smile that was directed in your general vicinity last week. And the capper: I have photographic proof that she willingly and of her own volition genuinely smiled right at me - twice (at least!) - this evening.

Looks like old DT is wearing her down a.k.a. charming the pants off of her. It helped that Siam Sam was acting as wingman, they all loves the guy.

'photographic proof'? how do i know it was even you behind the lens? or maybe you did pay her that 20 baht --not for a photo, but for a smile--or maybe it wasn't just 20baht? maybe it was 20,000baht? competitive young buck that we all know you to be??

but be that as it may, in honor of your name day, i hereby grant you sole possession of 'favorite' status in the eyes of the heartbreakingly beautiful Wil, aka View (yes, she dissed me under both names as well).

of course you might have to run that by those 18-year-old russians who continue to queu up for her favors--not to mention the dozens of GOTC attendees who will want nothing more than to knock you from said lofty perch.

so enjoy it while you can my friend.

i will be content to leave behind my quest for Wil and drown my sorrows in the arms of the hundred demi-goddesses who readily smile at a sweet old man, even as they profess their spontaneous/instantaneous/undying love -- with no need even for such preliminaries as an exchange of names.

ah.....pattaya....

:character00218:

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if the girls at Labamba has access to this forum I really want to send Wil or View a message. She gave me an email address when I was there last week but I am unable to send her an email due to bad email address I know she wouldn't have given me a fake email address, I might have written it wrong. Or send me a PM thanks

• Upvote 1

It's Jen's birthday tonight and there will be a small party in the bar tonight. Jen wanted it to be low key, hence no prior announcements. Right now I'm sitting in the bar with herself, blowing ... balloons. 555. No, really. Anyone pops my balloons and it will be pistols at dawn.

• Upvote 1