Pick your one favorite all time song

Lefty

So many to choose from, but if some fucking great big bloke like you slammed me up against a wall & demanded, "Your best track ever... NOW'!... I think I'd blurt out Billy Preston 'That's the way God planned it' 1974 version from George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh

• Upvote 1

Tough one. Dunno if it's possible, but...

The last song I heard and thought, "This is a pop masterpiece.": Bittersweet Symphony, by The Verve.

The song that's made me cry the most: Pocahontas, by Neil Young.

The song that I've probably rocked out to the most: Walking on the Sidewalk, by Queens of the Stone Age.

I'ma think about this today . . .

"Ticket to the moon" from ELO's 1981 concept album 'Time'.

A haunting melody and lyrics, including the line "I wish I was back in 1981", which applies to me now, as I'm feeling a tad nostalgic.

I can't put up a vid as YouTube is still bastard-well blocked here in China!

Scenes from an Italian Restaurant. Billy Joel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBjKa8KcW0

One of our favorite "put downs" from back in the day when I worked at a record store was to sing - to the tune of "It's Still Rock 'n' Roll To Me" - "It's still BILLY JOEL to me". We hated him with a passion. But then his "Songs From the Attic" album came out and I had to admit I liked it. Still do.

without wishing to be too controversial-genesis are shite......'kin hate 'em

Can't you just be a little bit more charitably minded & say something along the lines of, "It's only my humble opinion, but"?... or "Genesis aren't quite to my taste"... YOU FUCKING OPINIONATED CUNT!.. Keep going & I'll to 'Prog Rock' you to fuck!.. I've even got some 'Chris Squire' primmed up & ready to go!

Actually, to be honest, they started great!... I mean really great!!.. But fuck, if ever a band went to shit & started producing, bland, boring, stayed man, pap pop, it was this bunch... Even to the point where both Peter Gabriel & Phil Collins have now become the two most utterly boring individuals on the face of this planet... Like an old house dog when it starts pissing all over the place & farting all the time... They should just mercifully be put down.

And Phil Collins fake cockney accent makes me want to puke!

BTW, Billy Joel's the one that really disgusts me, I'd like to handcuff that sorry, silly, pathetic, bad taste, little cunt to a goat for three days & then have his arse pumped full of some type of building aggregate!!.. Sorry Katoey Lover, but in spite of my usual polite & convivial nature... And what I've just said above... Billy Joel just gives me the shits!

Can't you just be a little bit more charitably minded & say something along the lines of, "It's only my humble opinion, but"?... or "Genesis aren't quite to my taste"... YOU FUCKING OPINIONATED CUNT!.. Keep going & I'll to 'Prog Rock' you to fuck!.. I've even got some 'Chris Squire' primmed up & ready to go!

Actually, to be honest, they started great!... I mean really great!!.. But fuck, if ever a band went to shit & started producing, bland, boring, stayed man, pap pop, it was this bunch... Even to the point where both Peter Gabriel & Phil Collins have now become the two most utterly boring individuals on the face of this planet... Like an old house dog when it starts pissing all over the place & farting all the time... They should just mercifully be put down.

And Phil Collins fake cockney accent makes me want to puke!

BTW, Billy Joel's the one that really disgusts me, I'd like to handcuff that sorry, silly, pathetic, bad taste, little cunt to a goat for three days & then have his arse pumped full of some type of building aggregate!!.. Sorry Katoey Lover, but in spite of my usual polite & convivial nature... And what I've just said above... Billy Joel just gives me the shits!

Exactly...I thought genesis were ,at the best,ok when peter gabriel was with them,but they went to shit completely when phil collins took over.....While we're at it....Bryan fuckin Adams...another twat of the highest order....

As it happens ,I quite like Billy Joel's songs,I think he's a great talent....

As for evensong-5555-its the lyrics lung...listen to the lyrics of the west's awake-its pure poetry

Hey this is great....we can combine the music thread with the insults thread....

• 2 weeks later...