Ramblings & Replies

I know it can happen through making too many friend requests in too short a space of time, but didn't know leaving requests unanswered could be an infringement. Are you sure? .. I have a long list of requests that remain unresponded to across numerous accounts.

I worded it quite poorly DC.

What I meant to say is more or less what what you said with the additional proviso that if too many requests you make are either denied or unanswered that could be problematic.  

Btw,I have to respond to Friend Challenges where Facebook shows me pics of friends and I must identify them.  Ways around this is to copy and paste pics of your "friends" somewhere else so you can refer to it during the challenge.  Or just have a very small group of friends whose avatars are easily recognizable by you.

I also know two guys whom Facebook demanded that they upload verifiable ID in order to keep their account.  On complied and kepthis account; the other told Facebook to eff off and gave up that account.

I believe that Facebook is moving towards a system where they want SMS verification when you set up an account.  Things like this are perhaps implemented slowly to see how it impacts reggies.  But since it may be harder to create new accounts in the future, it's not a bad idea to stockpile lots of phony accounts.

Interesting, I know they suspend guys for things such as too many unanswered friend requests but didn't realize they did that for political content.

Willie, do you recall what sort of message FB sent you when you were temporarily banned for political content?

im not sure...something along thr lines of "this account temporarily suspended pending bla bla)...it can only have been being un PC,i certainlydont make too many friend requests....

• 3 weeks later...

friend requests not answered is an infringement..for sure. i been warned 3 times...at one time i had 40 plus requests hanging but then  the warning came in and then i only kept 10 requests hanging..the warning states that some of your request have not been answered and do you want to delete them.. otherwise your 30 day blocked

I now only keep 5 requests going at one time and no issues for some time

also they checked my phone number

Btw,I have to respond to Friend Challenges where Facebook shows me pics of friends and I must identify them.  Ways around this is to copy and paste pics of your "friends" somewhere else so you can refer to it during the challenge.

You can download all your friends to the hard drive on PC..i used to do this .. im sure it can still be done.. or maybe thats what you mean ??

The Top 5 contestants nall ahd the same question, "Who is the most influential person in your life"?

Miss India have a predictable answer, Ghandi.

The winner gave an original response, delivered well.  

She said she was a child of rape, but without her father's semen she would not be here today, so she forgives him and would give him a big hug.

• 1 month later...

Same-Sex Sellout in Ireland

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/11/27/same-sex-sellout-in-ireland/

by Aidan O'Brien

Dublin.

On Tuesday, November 17, Cormac Gollogly married Richard Dowling in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, Ireland. This was Ireland’s first gay wedding. It followed the May 22 referendum that constitutionalised same-sex marriage in Ireland. What appears humane however is tinged with corruption. The fact is that the opportunism and venality that made Ireland infamous during the financial bubble a decade ago has been sublimated and now manifests itself in gay pride. In other words Ireland’s new found love affair with homosexuality has nothing to do with human rights and everything to do with homo-capitalism.

and a book review

Chronicle of Sex Reassignment Surgery: Juliet Jacques’s “Trans: a Memoir”

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/11/27/chronicle-of-sex-reassignment-surgery-juliet-jacquess-trans-a-memoir/

by Charles R. Larson November 27, 2015

There’s something downright depressing about Juliet Jacques’s account of her transition from male to female, because Jacques himself is depressed, at least when he’s still a male. And, still, Jacques’s Trans is also transformative, exhilarating, uplifting. It’s the mixture of the two that will have you riveted to the story much of the time, not because it is voyeuristic (it is not) but, rather, because another human being has acted courageously, written about it so that others may be informed, and mostly come out the other side of the operation into a better world than he knew before. ...

• 4 weeks later...

ha ha .. i see in the Newspaper the other day that the Chinese are importing " Bottled Air " from Canada" ... I thought it was April1 but no its true.. also in cans as well although that was reported in another rag my buddy told me

Its " bottled by hand" apparently from above some Mountain lake in Canada and they pay big bucks for it in Shanghai due to the smogosphere .. some clowns also collect this stuff and for a good year you can paid $ 150 for a bag of the stuff.... hahhahhahha.. 

I must be in the wrong business .. there a schmuck born every minute , im sure of it

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The £ is fucked truly for the time being but Oil ,,it is said, may bottom at $10 a barrel ..... OMG......tt fell to around 29 today..Cheap petrol maybe but i think it will have dire consequences elsewhere

its looking bad on a lot of fronts lately ,,,, batten down the hatches

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a right royal rant for about 5 minutes in work today, about something so trivial it was unbelievable!!!!

Those in the meeting with me just looked in total amazement and a hint of disbelief. It was only on reflection afterwards, the scary thought crossed my mind  -  "Oh Christ, I'm turning into my father"""

Yikess!!!!!

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, ciobha said:

I had a right royal rant for about 5 minutes in work today, about something so trivial it was unbelievable!!!!

Those in the meeting with me just looked in total amazement and a hint of disbelief. It was only on reflection afterwards, the scary thought crossed my mind  -  "Oh Christ, I'm turning into my father"""

Yikess!!!!!

I think that means HOLIDAY time , when you have a rant at work(well it does for me anyway) 

• Upvote 1