Ramblings & Replies

This news is 9 months old but it's the first I had heard of it; maybe you guys as well?

Charlie don't surf!    But he does marry cute little 25-year olds, wonder if conjugal visits are allowed?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/charles-manson-79-marry-girlfriend-star-25-article-1.1526791

''Serial killer Charles Manson is to marry his 25-year-old girlfriend behind bars, she has claimed.''

Currently, only six U.S. states allow prison conjugal visits within their prison systems: California, Connecticut, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York and Washington. So, yeah, Manson will get them.  

i told you i was sick.....also on  the gravestone of Spike Milligan, great uk comic....i see on the Boothill cemetary it mentions Lester Moore,whose epitaph apparently reads ...Here lies the body of Lester Moore,took 6 bullets from a .44,no Les,no More

There are a lot of fake Lester Moore grave markers. I think this one is probably the real one the rest were based on. It is at Idaho State Penitentiary. He was shot trying to escape from what I read. 

lestermoore.JPG

• Upvote 1

Oscar's erratic behaviour is a clear indicator of his guilt IMO.

He will definitely go down for culpable homicide, he may not have been able to see through the toilet door but he bloody well knew who he was bashing with that cricket bat. 

I am pleased he has been convicted of culpable homicide. If the court wasn't bending over backwards to be seen to be scrupulously fair, he really should have been found guilty of murder. The highest murder charge, no, but the second level, yes. All that crap about not knowing who was behind the door & he didn't notice Rena wasn't laying next to him, who did he think had locked the door??

And who takes their phone to the toilet at 3 in the morning (and locks the door behind them) if they weren't ringing for help? Then he breaks down the door to club her head in saying he couldn't see who he was hitting!! 

The guy deserves everything he gets. I'm sure his cell mates will enjoy their new companion. And whatever money he has will soon go in order to keep himself alive. I am assured by friends who have been inside that will be the case. I just hope he doesn't get solitary.

Pistorius not guilty of premeditated murder.

I haven't been following this case but what a name he has.  Piss meets Notorious. Sure sounds guilty.   :judge:

While OJ is such a warm fuzzy type of name.

Remember being with hundreds of people at lunchtime surrounded by tv screens in a downtown sports bar watching the OJ verdict.

The glove didn't fit.   :party0048:

Similar, but Williston, North Dakota is a red herring and only expensive right now because of the natural gas boom around those parts; usually you couldn't give away apartments in North Dakota!

See that little sliver of bright red in the upper right hand corner?  Yeah, that's where I live.  Of course.

post-107-0-23600700-1410538870_thumb.jpg

I'm even priced out of Lincoln, Nebraska.     :notfair:

I was there a long time ago and people are friendly there in a folksy sort of way.

But then I'd need a car and the expenses that go with that.

In the States, I like urban living with lots of single people, not that I would date anyone close to my age anymore; I'm spoilt.

And walking, taking the subway, or a cab.

• Upvote 1

" Sapien" the long awaited Science book from Noah Haradi has finally been translated from Hebrew into English...it will definitely be in the Science top 10 thats for sure. ( cant remember his first name , Noah is his middle name )

One snippet he mentioned on his TV interview just now was the fact that people were more healthy 30,000years ago than 5,000 years ago due to the advent of farming which humans are badly designed for.. hunter gatherers were fitter.

he also thinks that Rich people will be" Amortal" in 100years time.. you will live forever if you have the money and dont get run over by a baht bus.. death is just a technical hitch it seems and will be ovecome

The corner of Sukhumvit & Soi 4 as it was in 1974 doesn't exist today. Sukhumvit was re-routed sometime later, I well remember the Hotel Nana was on that corner. It is now some 50 metres down Soi 4. Nana Plaza was still to be built, the BIG venue to go to for action back then was the Grace Hotel on Soi 3. GG action of course, the LBs were somewhere in the four block maze that was the original Patpong. Patpong Two was the gay area. Those were the days when live shows were the norm, stories of what went on in the gay clubs seem unimaginable by today's standards.

• Upvote 3

They even had tailor shops back then I see. 

Tailor shops were there but what I really remember were the VD clinics. One on every corner. Or so it seemed.

I wonder if, 40 years ago, they had some Indian guys out on the street extending their hands and saying "Hey buddy, good to see you, you need new shirt?"

I vaguely remember being stopped by tailors standing on the footpath but having just travelled through Indonesia, Singapore & Malaysia I am pretty sure I was stopped there too. And I can't remember in which country they were the most persistent. 

Some things never change & I am sure they will still be bothering tourists in another 40 years time.

• Upvote 1

A 12-year-old boy this morning was arrested by police after he was caught peeping on a teen girl in the shower and stealing her underwear.

A 15-year-old girl cried for help when she saw a pair of eyes peeping through holes in the wall of her bathroom this morning, leading neighbors to help detain a peeping tom suspect who turned out to be a young boy living in the same village in Nakhon Sri Thammarat.

According to police, the 12-year-old boy, who was not named, confessed he often peeped through women’s showers in the neighbourhood and would steal their underwear for sexual gratification.

Police found five women’s underpants in the boy’s bedroom. One belonged to the 15-year-old victim, who said it disappeared five days ago.

The victims requested the police not to prosecute the boy because he is still a child. He was disciplined and released, Daily News reported.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/22/12-year-old-voyeur-arrested