Ramblings & Replies

Wish us luck in 2 weeks . A change must come!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/25/us-sweden-election-idUSKBN0GP0JM20140825

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d369f8b8-1714-11e4-8617-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3BXkczpMZ

(Reuters) - Sweden's main center-left opposition party, leading in opinion polls, will reverse eight years of tax cuts by raising the burden by 1 percentage point of GDP if it wins next month's election, the likely new finance minister said.

The plan is a clear signal of a U-turn after eight years of center-right Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, who has cut taxes and trimmed the welfare state as the Nordic region's largest economy outshone many of its European competitors.

But Sweden also has the fastest growing economic inequality of any OECD nation and voters have been shocked by media reports that staff at elderly care homes locked up patients in closets or neglected to feed them, raising fears people have slipped through a thinning welfare net.

"We will increase taxes in Sweden, definitely, and also on the highest incomes," said Andersson, who said the top rate would rise on incomes above 60,000 Swedish crowns ($8,731) a month. The current top rate is about 57 percent, one of the world's highest.

Heres what I'm wanking to since there are no lbs here( there are some old golddiggers).

The beautiful and very fast  M6...

Heading to Orange County this weekend to go to the Indy Races in Fontana...My friend who I am going with drives an M6 convert like your pic except dark red...V10 has a great sound...

Here is my ride...old American but fast enough for this old guy...4.6L double overhead cam V8...

My fav BMW is the Z8...The Bond Car...Big healthy V8.......Got to drive one once years back...

By the way JaiDee you can  pick up a very nice low mileage Caymen with the small engine for around 20K...They ain't that expensive.......

post-80-0-52929900-1409099466_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-31475800-1409101541_thumb.jpg

See, sometimes it's just hard living in this country.

A 9-year old girl firing an Uzi??   And yet, the NRA and all conservatives will argue that it's ''her 2nd amendment right!''  What about the right of the 39 year old to, you know, Live??

http://www.mediaite.com/online/9-year-old-girl-loses-control-of-uzi-kills-shooting-instructor/

9-Year-Old Girl Loses Control of Uzi, Kills Shooting Instructor

I don't know how a 9 year old girl copes with that on her conscience. No doubt she'll be in therapy for years.

Doesn't matter, the 2nd amendment says she has the right to fire that gun, if she kills someone in the process that's tough luck. The NRA and all the inbread losers who support their policies don't care one bit about her mental health.

Sure, it may seem like I made up this name and created this ad in photoshop or something, but this is REALLY the place where she killed that guy;  only in 'Merica??

post-107-0-70741000-1409151830_thumb.jpg

Well thank goodness for that!

At 12 people have a LOT more common sense than at 8!

And the stupid thing is, if they tried to raise it to 18 the NRA and those retarded "militia" groups you see pop up every now and again at places like Bundy Ranch, playing dress-up in their wal-mart camoflauge, would be up in arms if they did that.  ''This is America!  Every 12 year old should have the basic right to kill someone with an Uzi!!''

These fools are too stupid to even understand the 2nd amendment, but I am sure this isn't what Tom Jefferson and Ben Franklin had in mind.

Bullets & Burgers. The Ultimate Outdoor Machine Gun Adventure. 

If ever one was looking for a portent indicating the end of modern civilisation, this is as good as any. Shooting guns pointlessly followed by junk food? Wow, what more can any knuckle dragging cretin ever wish for? And since when did burgers ever belong in anything considered "The Ultimate". 

It's a sad indictment on anyone who thinks this is the ultimate adventure. Throw in helicopters & Harleys which really pad out the bill & there must be plenty of people with more money than sense.

I really liked this tweet put out by the NRA  - 

post-83-0-25696000-1409208158_thumb.jpg

When I say I like it, I only like it because it reveals the depth of stupidity of the NRA & how they just don't get it.

War, Lies and Audiotape

The war between the United States and Vietnam cost over 1 million Vietnamese and 58,000 American lives. It left one country physically devastated and the other socially splintered. It began, President Lyndon Johnson told the world, with an "unprovoked attack" on American ships on the night of August 4, 1964.

What we know today is that the incident that was reported to have taken place in the South China Sea off the coast of Vietnam that night didn't ever happen. Yet three days later it was cited as the justification for the Gulf of Tonkin resolution: it authorised "the President, as Commander in Chief, to take all necessary measures to repel any armed attack against the forces of the United States and to prevent further aggression." The Gulf of Tonkin was the crucial turning point: in 1960 there were 900 American troops in Vietnam; by the end of 1965 there were nearly 200,000. Did President Johnson take his country to war on a lie, or was he misled?

Fifty years on, journalist and historian DD Guttenplan explores these dramatic events through archive recordings and new interviews with the key players, bringing all the evidence together for the first time. A fascinating archive of taped White House phone calls transports us back to that day: we'll listen in on President Johnson as he discusses the situation with Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara and hear the situation unfold through conversations between key military personnel.

Daniel Ellsberg remembers being in the Pentagon receiving reports of the incident on the day, and Jim Stockdale tells us his father's story: he was flying above the USS Maddox when the attack supposedly happened. We'll also hear from journalist Leslie Gelb and historians Frances Fitzgerald and Fred Logevall.

See the BBC website for more on this programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p024wtvc

• Upvote 1

The Academy Award winning documentary The Fog of War is one long interview with Robert Mcnamara who reveals the whole pretext for invading Vietnam was based on a lie. He says the USA should never have been there, it was 5 Star Generals in the Pentagon who demanded the President do something. And the attack on the US ship in the Gulf of Tonkin was most likely a school of dolphins that an 18 year old sonar operator couldn't detect the difference between them & a torpedo. He quite simply panicked & caused the US to go to war.

The mind boggles.