We report, you decide

BTW, I just went and voted. Didn't think I would get to but I did.

I swear, I thought Hello Kitty was on the ballot. I looked for her, but alas, she was not an option, contrary to what I was lead to believe on the internets. So I voted for Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate. She has about as much chance of winning as the sacchrine little Japanese cartoon kitty.

However, there were plenty of ballot measures that were important, like labeling of GMO foods, higher tax on rich fucks to find schools, etc.

Don't worry, as I've said all along, Barry will be re-installed.

Hope you guys are enjoying the show;)

Missouri just reelected a Democratic senator, and governor, but Romney won the state by a huge margin. That tells me, there are a lot of racists in that state.

YMMV

Think Missouri is a very special case as the Repub candidate said if a woman is raped her body rejects the semen and won't get preggers.

Yeah! Yup, it's on to 2016. I'll print the Bachmann/Palin shirts Snick if you'll get the party machine in action.

I'm saying Bachmann should be top of the ticket as this is the Lunatic Fringe Party, so we gotta go with the craziest b**ch at the top. Palin's a lightweight compared to ol' Loony Eyes.

Dems projected to pick up +2 Senate seats thanks mostly to Tea Party lunatics. And my favorite - Elizabeth Warren - has unseated Scott Brown. I bought tix for Dad and I to go hear Elizabeth Warren speak on one of her recent fundraising tours. Brilliant woman, someone I'd go out and ring doorbells for.

Think Missouri is a very special case as the Repub candidate said if a woman is raped her body rejects the semen and won't get preggers.

As I looked further, not so special after all. It appears Dems were elected or reelected senators in Montana, North Dakota, and Indiana, yet all those states were heavily for Mittens.

Congratulations are in order to the President and his camp. He now has four more years. Now is a time for looking ahead and hoping for a better tomorrow.

I do have a lot of questions I would like to ask in regards to Barry O's 2nd term. However, this is neither the time nor the place. Perhaps another thread is in order next week or so.............................

GET OUTTA MY CHAIR, MEATHEAD!!!

I'm sure she must be the first person with Thai blood to be elected in either the US House of Reps or Senate.

And you would be wrong...

Charles Kong Djou born August 9, 1970, a child of immigrants (Charles’ parents emigrated from

China and Thailand) is an American politician who served as U.S. Representative for Hawaii's 1st

congressional district in 2010. As a member of the Republican Party, Djou won his congressional

seat in a special election in May 2010. Charles' father was born in Shanghai, China, and raised

in Hong Kong. His mother was raised in Bangkok, Thailand. Charles was raised in Hawaii.

And you would be wrong...

Charles Kong Djou born August 9, 1970, a child of immigrants (Charles’ parents emigrated from

China and Thailand) is an American politician who served as U.S. Representative for Hawaii's 1st

congressional district in 2010. As a member of the Republican Party, Djou won his congressional

seat in a special election in May 2010. Charles' father was born in Shanghai, China, and raised

in Hong Kong. His mother was raised in Bangkok, Thailand. Charles was raised in Hawaii.

Doesn't say though if his mother was ethnic Thai or ethnic Chinese. Many ethnic Chinese in Thailand, as you know. Since the article I linked claims she is the first with Thai blood, perhaps Djou's parents were both Chinese.

Most of the Thai-language headlines, like this one in Matichon, play up the fact that Duckworth, once sworn in, will be the first U.S. House rep with Thai blood. She recently explained to Thai supporters (in Thai) that she was heartened by their campaign donations and that she'd use the money prudently"because running for office in the states means you need a really big budget," the outlet Pracharat reports.

It probably made you feel good to say I was wrong though. Since you seem to have some problem with the opinions that I post here lately.

Djou makes history as Thai American

By Pat Gee

POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Jun 13, 2010

ASSOCIATED PRESS

U.S. Rep. Charles Djou is the first person of Thai ancestry to serve as a U.S. representative in Congress.

Besides being the first Republican from Hawaii elected to Congress in 20 years, U.S. Rep. Charles Djou is the first person of Thai ancestry to serve in Congress.

The White House historian's office recently confirmed that Djou is the first Thai-American U.S. representative, according to Daniel Son, Djou's press secretary.

Djou's mother is from Bangkok. His father is a Chinese immigrant from Hong Kong.

It probably made you feel good to say I was wrong though. Since you seem to have some problem with the opinions that I post here lately.

Quite the contrary...I seldom know who I am quoting until after I hit the quote button...I certainly can't recall quoting any of your posts recently...And I certainly didn't think my post was rude, insensitive or inflammatory...If it was, I apologize...

Truth is I didn't rush around Googling to find you wrong...I happen to be in Maui for 10 days or so (as you might recall) shortly after that election, relaxing and looking at property...My agent for the day just happened to be part Thai...I surely don't know which part...The other parts I think were Japanese...Even though he had never been to Thailand and didn't speak a lick of Thai he was quite proud of the fact that they had just recently elected a Thai Congressman...When I saw your post, I recalled my conversation with him...The rest as they say, is history...

There's been many opinions given about the election results covering every POV & emotion. Here's one I came across in yesterday's newspaper which sums up how many Australians see the election & offers a glimpse of how pervasive it has been in our daily media.

Obama has been returned to the White House! Makes us proud to be American. Wait, we're Australian and can only choose between Gillard and Abbott. Bugger.

It wasn't in the news section & was written as political satire but still, how many countries would publish it even as a joke? I found it amusing.

• Upvote 1

Kudos to you Arch...A courageous post...

Thank you Kahuna but I dont think its all that courageous. Regardless of what others might think about the way I think, I do want whats best for the country. A viable, healthy economy is deffo one thing thats good for the country. No matter what some people migh say/think, the election was razor close. What we have is basically the status quo-Dem Pres, Dem Senate and Repub house.

The next tow years will be VRY interesting. Hell, the next TWO months will be interesting.....

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO GET OUTTA MY CHAIR, MEATHEAD!!