14 hours ago, Rom said:

Big Rocky Horror Picture Show FAN here.  First saw it in Georgetown DC on Halloween night 1980 as a child visiting from Europe and had no idea what the hell it was about... only got the Meatloaf part.

It’s “transgender,” not “transgendered.”   “Transgendered” would be the linguistic equivalent of describing a Thai male as “ladyboyed.”

This is a good time to remind that we had a thread like this 4 months ago (Are we non-binary?) where I wondered if we should change the Board's name to the politically-as-correct-as-it-gets  ThaiMaleCisgenderEnbiesReview   ????

So that explains a lot, Rom........

23 hours ago, Rom said:

african-americans

Who the hell coined that phrase?. It is no more appropriate than me being called an Anglo Saxon. I am 2 generations away from being an Anglo Saxon!. I would be "offended" by someone calling me that just because my grandparents happened to come from England.

People that think up these names have a lot to answer for!.

While I am at it, what gives people the right to say that they are an Englishman, Frenchman etc., because they happened to be by accident, born in that country. 

If my parents happened to have stopped off in Thailand on the way back home and I was a prem birth in Thailand, does that make me a Thai with the privileges assigned to a Thai in Thailand?. There is a lot of assumption going on.

3 hours ago, Woodie said:

If my parents happened to have stopped off in Thailand on the way back home and I was a prem birth in Thailand, does that make me a Thai with the privileges assigned to a Thai in Thailand?.

Don't know about Thailand but if you were born in the USA then you are entitled to an American passport.   Pregnant Chinese women try to have their babies in the USA for that reason.

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Don't know about Thailand but if you were born in the USA then you are entitled to an American passport.   Pregnant Chinese women try to have their babies in the USA for that reason.

Yes I knew that. More importantly, have you got the 8 lined up for me?.

Right.

I have conducted a very nonscientific survey on the matter of terminology.

The result was overwhelmingly in favour of the use of the word ladyboy.

In fact 100%.

So dogooders of the world,take that in.

It was a survey taken using most of the girls from two bars.

I leave it there.

Yes there will be Trumpers coming out and saying it was a rigged election. It wasn't!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, The-Sith said:

for past 3 years I have been using the term Trans.

. . . and in about 5 to 10 years, the term "trans" will be considered offensive.

Language is not static; it is dynamic and changes over time in response to societal and cultural changes, sometimes at the whim of well intentioned but arrogant young people and academics.

It seems to me that the term "ladyboy" has more to do with description than it has to do with identity. We use it to describe Asian and mostly Thai m2f trans people.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The-Sith said:

her dick is not that big. this is photoshopped. Annie is hung but her dick is different size and shape.

34 minutes ago, Sylvester said:

yes, but isn't that a fabulous phallus. 

My cock is about the same size, but darker. I might post a pic for you faggots to drool over some day. :pic:

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2023 at 9:54 PM, Woodie said:

Who the hell coined that phrase?. It is no more appropriate than me being called an Anglo Saxon. I am 2 generations away from being an Anglo Saxon!. I would be "offended" by someone calling me that just because my grandparents happened to come from England.

Until recently immigrants to the USA mostly wanted to forget the "old country" and move forward. A lady whose parents emigrated from Switzerland to the Pittsburg PA/ Wheeling WV steel mill areas told me her parents insisted on english being spoken at home. The native born referred to the mostly Eastern European immigrants as "hunkies", a derogatory term and the new commers worked hard to integrate. Nothing "romantic" about being from europe and working in dangerous, low paying steel mill and coal mining jobs in the 1920s. 

Immigrants from the UK arrived very early in the then American colonies, often as indentured servants or transported criminals. After we freed our selves from British rule, Australia became the UK's criminal depository:db: 

I've traced my family history to the 1600's; both side emigrated from England. But I never heard any family members identify as any thing other than American. I suspect the US census category of "American" is comprised of UK descendants, with the majority from England and Northern Ireland.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/10/2023 at 7:04 AM, Woodie said:

"Transgendered"  should not be used, even if it is tempting to say "Young Wanchai transgendered into Lily."  Don't!

I usually refer to Thai LBs as a girl in english or puying in Thai. I don't remember any adverse reaction by telling a Thai LB 'yes, I like ladyboy" but ya never know; they can be sensitive and unpredictable (ya ba?)

Filipino LBs, in my experience, are less sensitive and will call themselves gay or bakla. I've asked several if "bakla" is derogatory, all have said no. But I knew them and they were comfortable talking to me. I wouldn't say that to a LB I didn't know.

I've never had a bad reaction calling them a girl; however, to their credit, most will correct me and admit "I not lady." I do my best to act surprised, which they love and a great segway to a more intimate encounter.

(we now "segway" instead of moving or progressing; also learn "hacks" instead of tips :party0011:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1