Music, good or bad.

seven

• 1 month later...

Well, I have only "discovered" George Michael in the last couple of years.

I know he sings Tonight, the Elton John song. So I picked a version out on youtube and started playing it. Could only listen for a minute of so.

What is wrong with young audiences???> They were yelling and screaming, guys were whistling. It was horrendous!. I looked and found another version played in front of a small audience. Much better.

Shit I must be old and stodgy.

He is a great singer anyway.

3 hours ago, Sylvester said:

These two songs by Seals & Crofts are on my current playlist. Flashback to the 70s - Summer Breeze and Diamond Girl.

Two excellent tunes Syl, I had Summer Breeze on my Spotify playlist already, but had forgotten about Diamond Girl, added it just now.  Ideal listening while strolling along the shoreline in Wongamat at sunset in a few weeks :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sylvester said:

Excellent tune. Reminds me of happier, younger and simpler days. I’m on a real 70s binge lately.

A lot of my Spotify play list is top heavy 70s also.  Those sounds bring me back to my childhood and hanging out on the beach with neighbours in the summers of the mid to late 70s.  How about a bit of Player :)

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

A lot of my Spotify play list is top heavy 70s also.  Those sounds bring me back to my childhood and hanging out on the beach with neighbours in the summers of the mid to late 70s.  How about a bit of Player :)

Nice. Just added to my list.

Can’t leave out the Doobie Brothers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sylvester said:

Can’t leave out the Doobie Brothers.

Absolutely not, man these remind me of my teenage years hoping something good would come on the radio. I’d always know when the oldies shows would be on and arrange my free time around them.  Then came along the Walkman, mind blowing.  Literally taking it to the streets :)

• Upvote 1
On 10/28/2022 at 2:41 PM, Sylvester said:

Yep, and this one by the Spinners:

They are better known as the Detroit Spinners in this part of the world… could have been a Quiz question :)

The Spinners are known in the United Kingdom as The Detroit Spinners or The Motown Spinners because a Liverpool-based folk band had taken the name "The Spinners" in Britain during the 1960s.”

https://www.last.fm/music/Detroit+Spinners/+wiki

• Like 1

I found something amazing this week end. I decided to look for a dresh version of the pic I use for my avatar. It's actually a painting left in a surf bar north of Kao Lak Thailand. The last time I saw the painting, it had been left under the rain and it has probably been destroyed since then. It was already in a bad shape when I shot it for the first time. After a quick google search, I found other versions or almost with a very similar text and different paintings.  More aùazing is that "no shoes, no shirt, no problem is the title of a song that inspired these paintings. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I found something amazing this week end. I decided to look for a dresh version of the pic I use for my avatar. It's actually a painting left in a surf bar north of Kao Lak Thailand. The last time I saw the painting, it had been left under the rain and it has probably been destroyed since then. It was already in a bad shape when I shot it for the first time. After a quick google search, I found other versions or almost with a very similar text and different paintings.  More aùazing is that "no shoes, no shirt, no problem is the title of a song that inspired these paintings. 

Great find, PG. I enjoyed that and I’m not a big fan of country music. Cheers.