Davy Jones of Monkees dies

I remember I loved the Monkees TV show as a kid.

My favorite Monkees' song is Last Train to Clarksville.

RIP Davy.

Agreed on both counts....my brothers and I used to watch that show in the 60's and laugh our asses off.

RIP to a cool little English guy

I think my first musical love was The Monkees, only to replaced a few months later by the Beatles and their "Abbey Road" album which completely changed the trajectory of my life at the tender age of 8 years old.

Favorite Monkees tracks?

"Last Train To Clarksville" - no contest.

While searching for Monkees videos on YouTube I somehow randomly was presented with this lovely little scene featuring Caroline Munro's breasts, which I was equally as big a fan of around that same era. Since it's appearance in my YouTube search for "Monkees" was as much of a non-sequitor as it would be appearing here in this thread, I felt I had no choice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmpme_bgUHs&feature=related

Ahh... poor Davy...RIP. I'm trying to catch up with all the bands from this era that are still surviving now. Watching the Monkees at the time was great fun & made us feel there was one program on TV for & by us youngsters. They had the best writers writing songs for them (& the best LA musicians playing the instruments on their records.)

"Daydream Believer" is unbelievably catchy & full of hooks, but I also really like "What am I doing hanging 'round", not one of their bigger hits tho.

BTW- the most shocking aspect of this was seeing the following on the LBR page:

"Davy Jones of Monkees dies by seanbeag7"

I can picture some interesting variants on this. Frinstance, TR about some newbie getting his rocks off at an ST room in Nana:

" Newbie gets fucked by Soc999"

Etc.