Coronavirus

seven

4 hours ago, seven said:

There goes the theory that warn climate stops the spreading.

So the pandemic is contained in Thailand? Why not keep the borders closed indefinite or maybe forever? New Zeeland managed surely Thailand can as well. Are the chinese allowed into Thailand now?

COVID is today's survival of the fittest (and average IQ in a lot of cases).

Everyone likes to talk about how terrible Trump is but I find it way more revealing that we share the planet with so many stupid people and some of them are even board members.

• Like 2

Uh-oh, a soldier in Rayong could possibly head up to SodomBy The Sea for some boom boom.  Hope he doesn't like the third gender.

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, reported a positive case of Covid-19 today, July 13, 2020, from an Egyptian soldier in Rayong and stated they are concerned about the case as the soldier reportedly visited public places despite being on quarantine.

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Uh-oh, a soldier in Rayong could possibly head up to SodomBy The Sea for some boom boom.  Hope he doesn't like the third gender.

Incredible isn't it? Everything was going so positive, and now we have a bloke who IS positive. Heads should roll.

• Like 1

Then it's NOT really quarantine now IS IT???

typical human shit, especially in "acting like modern first world country" type places.

This might explain why everyone is still masked up and even the gov is slow to open things up, even for their own marks...er citizens.  No one really trusts guys who set up swiss cheese "quarantine" centers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The questions should be how did an Egyptian soldier get into Thailand as there has been a ban on international arrivals for a few months, and then why wasn't he monitored during quarantine?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rxpharm said:

The questions should be how did an Egyptian soldier get into Thailand

The visitors from Egypt stayed in Rayong en route to a one-day trip to China, where they had military business, then returned to the province on their way home.

All were allowed to enter the country, says the CCSA, as they were defined as air crew under the conditions set by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand. They were not asked to quarantine because they were coming for less than 14 days but they were required to undergo virus tests.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BigTel said:

Egypt

This is big news in Thailand along with the Sudanese diplomat's daughter.  My better half mentioned it tonight so people are talking about it.

I find it encouraging that the big news is just two reported cases and the CCSA can go full force with contact tracing.  Much easier to do with two cases rather than with the tens of thousands of new cases in the USA every day.  The CCSA can also scrutinise what went wrong and what corrective action can be implemented.

In 37 states new cases of Covid-19 are increasing by 5% per day.  Might not sound like much but that means new cases double every two weeks.  If things couldn't get worse in the world the bubonic plague aka Black Death has surfaced in Colorado.

A squirrel in Colorado has tested positive for the bubonic plague, also known as the “Black Death,” according to local health authorities. 

The squirrel was found in a town in Jefferson County, which is west of Denver, and is the first case in the region, health authorities said in a statement released Sunday. 

The case comes about a week after authorities in a city in the Chinese region of Inner Mongolia issued a warning after a hospital reported a case of suspected bubonic plague in a human. There were at least four reported cases of plague in people from Inner Mongolia late last year, according to the New York Times. Two of them were pneumonic plague, a deadlier variant of plague.

The bubonic plague, infamous for killing millions of people in Europe during the Middle Ages, is an often fatal disease caused by bacteria. Humans usually get plague after being bitten by a rodent flea that is carrying the plague bacterium or by handling an animal infected with plague, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Symptoms may include high fever, chills, headache, nausea and extreme pain and swelling of lymph nodes. The disease can cause serious illness or death without proper treatment, according to the CDC. Antibiotics are effective in treating it. 

Plague is found on most continents but most human cases since the 1990s have occurred in Africa, according to the World Health Organization.

Local authorities in Colorado are asking residents to take precautions, including avoiding contact with sick or dead wild animals and rodents and keeping pets from roaming freely outside. Cats are highly susceptible to plague and may die if not treated promptly with antibiotics, they said. 

• Like 1

MSM have stopped reporting on Sweden because there isn't any doom and gloom and fear mongering to report.

We're doing just fine. Healthcare is coping, the cases are decreasing and people enjoy their freedom.

Ooops.  Karin Tegmark Wisell, doctor/ epidemiologist and head of department for Sweden’s public health agency

suggests facemasks can increase the spreading of Covid-19.

From google translate, apologies for if any poor translation:

"Mouth protection increases the spread of infection"
- Mouthguards can not be an excuse for going out into society when you have symptoms. Nor can it be an excuse for having close contact, whether you have symptoms or not.
However, it can be a support in certain situations where it is not possible to avoid close contact, face to face.
- But it is complex and we see around the world that mouth guards are used in a way that rather increases the spread of infection. You are close to each other, you think the danger is over. Science say that the most important thing to avoid infection is to keep your distance. 
- And we see, for example, in California, where they have had the most widespread use of mouth protection, where the numbers are turning right now and going up, says Karin Tegmark Wisell.

So please remember this when you are up there rimming your next ladyman, just pulled down your facemask, even though she's wearing a visor or a mask. Distance, BBG, distance :biggrin: ( I know you think this is all just a hoax, but what an accomplishment to get everyone in on the hoax/ conspiracy.  Amazing achievement.)

c40332ee-bbab-4deb-8130-c7bedb0a74bc.jpeg

858a4fc3-cb3d-46b8-bb1d-bc049543f081-2.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seven said:

MSM have stopped reporting on Sweden because there isn't any doom and gloom and fear mongering to report.

We're doing just fine. Healthcare is coping, the cases are decreasing and people enjoy their freedom.

Ooops.  Karin Tegmark Wisell, doctor/ epidemiologist and head of department for Sweden’s public health agency

suggests facemasks can increase the spreading of Covid-19.

From google translate, apologies for if any poor translation:

"Mouth protection increases the spread of infection"
- Mouthguards can not be an excuse for going out into society when you have symptoms. Nor can it be an excuse for having close contact, whether you have symptoms or not.
However, it can be a support in certain situations where it is not possible to avoid close contact, face to face.
- But it is complex and we see around the world that mouth guards are used in a way that rather increases the spread of infection. You are close to each other, you think the danger is over. Science say that the most important thing to avoid infection is to keep your distance. 
- And we see, for example, in California, where they have had the most widespread use of mouth protection, where the numbers are turning right now and going up, says Karin Tegmark Wisell.

So please remember this when you are up there rimming your next ladyman, just pulled down your facemask, even though she's wearing a visor or a mask. Distance, BBG, distance :biggrin: ( I know you think this is all just a hoax, but what an accomplishment to get everyone in on the hoax/ conspiracy.  Amazing achievement.)

c40332ee-bbab-4deb-8130-c7bedb0a74bc.jpeg

858a4fc3-cb3d-46b8-bb1d-bc049543f081-2.jpeg

I disagree with that!

1 hour ago, rxpharm said:

There could be something missing in the translation if she actually means improper use of face masks - if she meant that, she is correct.

The proper use of face masks definitely will reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Actually no. Her point being people have too much faith in masks, wearing one makes you feel safe and not practising  the more scientifically proven measures.-  "Mouthguards can not be an excuse for going out into society when you have symptoms. Nor can it be an excuse for having close contact, whether you have symptoms or not."

But also the incorrect use of them yes. Pulling them down to the chin or up to the forehead, or maybe have it dangling on one ear for awhile.  Not handling /washing/ disposing them correctly after using etc. Perfect example is a person wearing a mask but no gloves. Takes off the mask with his hand  and voila, covid-19 on the mask. Maybe using it again before throwing it away or washing it. You get  the idea. An infected persons mask becomes a cesspool within minutes. 

"-we see around the world that mouth guards are used in a way that rather increases the spread of infection."

Surely you don't suggest everyone use it the proper way. Even when it is , I disagree.

""Mouthguards can not be an excuse for going out into society when you have symptoms. Nor can it be an excuse for having close contact, whether you have symptoms or not."

- But it is complex and we see around the world that mouth guards are used in a way that rather increases the spread of infection. You are close to each other, you think the danger is over. Science say that the most important thing to avoid infection is to keep your distance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/14/2020 at 1:32 AM, rxpharm said:

The questions should be how did an Egyptian soldier get into Thailand as there has been a ban on international arrivals for a few months, and then why wasn't he monitored during quarantine?

Thailand is going well beyond the objective of flattening the curve and instead is determined to stamp out the virus.

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand’s government tightened regulations for the entry of foreigners on Tuesday, after two new imported coronavirus cases with possible exposure to the public raised concern about a second wave of infections.

Thailand has been 50 days without confirmed local transmission of the coronavirus, but two cases among foreigners this week has led to the self-isolation of more than 400 people and fears on social media of a new contagion.

Those isolated may have been exposed to a 43-year-old crewman of an Egyptian military plane in eastern Rayong province and a 9-year-old girl and family member of a Sudanese diplomat in Bangkok.

Both were exempt from the mandatory 14-day state-supervised quarantine required for returnees.

The government acknowledged that regulations for diplomats and air crewmen, who were among a few categories of foreigners allowed to enter since March with self-isolation requirements, have been too lax.

“This should not happened, I am really sorry that it did and I want to apologise to the public,” said Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Concern spread among Thais online that a second wave of infections and a new lockdown could follow in a country fast returning to normalcy after restrictions were eased.

Two schools were closed in Bangkok on Tuesday and at least 10 shut in Rayong province, where the Egyptian had arrived last Wednesday and spent time at a mall before leaving on Saturday.

Shopping areas and streets were quiet in Rayong and according to media, about 90% of hotel bookings canceled.

All diplomats and family members, who were previously allowed to self-isolate in their residences, must now be quarantined under government supervision.

Short-term visit by businessmen and state guests who were allowed to enter as of July 1 have been suspended. Coronavirus tests given to those who may have been exposed to the two cases.

Thailand’s coronavirus tally since January is 3,227 infections and 58 deaths.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-changes-entry-rules-after-new-covid-19-cases-spark-second-wave-fear-idUSKCN24F0ZU

All flights from Egypt will be barred from landing in Thailand, following an incident last week when members of an Egyptian military mission defied Thai regulations by not confining themselves to their hotel in Rayong.

One of the group was later found to be infected with COVID-19, causing alarm among residents of the province.  Several schools were closed today, as a precautionary measure, as health officials try to trace people who might have been in close contact with the Egyptians.

Why do birds fly south for the winter?   Because it's too far to walk.  Guess if Egyptians can't fly to Thailand they'll just have to walk.

Has there been a tightening of restrictions in Thailand in the last few days?. I cant seem to find any headlines re that.

I have received messages from two different lbs saying that things have toughened up again. One saying she fears for her job. The second saying she has no more work as a tour guide after getting back on the road a couple of weeks ago. She had that job, as well as working in a market. Now does not have either job, lost her car to the bank, and to cap it off says she is bleeding from the bowel and wants to die!!!!. Has no money to see a doctor. Tried to reasure her by saying that because she has bleeding it does not mean she has cancer. 

I want to help her but where does it stop?. Could end up helping half of Thailand. I know that I will end up helping her as I would feel as guilty as hell if something were to come of this. And no guys, this is not the sick buffalo scenario!. She is not my gf, just someone I have known for more than 5 years. Was my first LB experience.

Life is a battle at times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Has there been a tightening of restrictions in Thailand in the last few days?

Here ya go Woodie:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/8429-coronavirus/&do=findComment&comment=194193

It seems the majority of Thai people, except for those directly affected by tourism, are extremely concerned about public safety and want the border closed or a strict quarantine.  Can't really say that I blame them.

3 hours ago, Woodie said:

Has there been a tightening of restrictions in Thailand in the last few days?. I cant seem to find any headlines re that.

I have received messages from two different lbs saying that things have toughened up again. One saying she fears for her job. The second saying she has no more work as a tour guide after getting back on the road a couple of weeks ago. She had that job, as well as working in a market. Now does not have either job, lost her car to the bank

The only thing I can think of is that many Tourist based businesses like bars, restaurants, and tour firms re-opened on 1 July after Government allowed them to.

The employees thought things would go back to as before - I think a bar owner on here said the girls in his bar thought that. But two weeks on, those businesses have realised that tourists still won't be coming back in the near future and have closed down again or are staying open with few customers coming in, probably only expats not spending much. 

• Like 2