strocube

Bangkok to Ban Street-Food Vendors

All the hotels must have got together to try and stamp out the yummy foodies, I like the food stalls around bkk they have always been a fav of mine . A great meal for under 100 baht or a hotel meal for 300 + . and then you see the falangs in all the fast food joints witch I cant understand , you can buy that shit any time at home.

My bet is it will never happen. Street stalls are an institution in Thailand and are the only affordable option for many of the locals. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SiamSam said:

My bet is it will never happen. Street stalls are an institution in Thailand and and are the only affordable option for many of the locals. 

But remember Sam TIT   :blink:

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

Probably due to food poisoning...if you eat enough times you will succumb to this...the hygiene is pretty bad lets face it

even some of the al fresco eateries  with roofs like Bus Stop on Soi 4 are fly traps and are probably worse than the stools ouside.

To be honest i try to eat inside now as less risk...

when in  Bkk  I eat street food exclusively, other than McDonald's I can't even think of the last restaurant I went to there,, but then again I spend very little time in Bkk these days 

I never ate street food till I moved to Hua Hin. In my three months there I ate at the same places and the ladies all knew for me "no spicy".  I dropped 12 pounds in 3 months.

I love the street food its wonderfull, and i have to say i have never been sick eating it.If they do ban it  i for one would not be keen on  Bangkok as a destination anymore:(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

same. My go to spot for 10 yrs, Soi 38 was erradicated by condo development. I hear Soi 95 food area got removed too, need to check that when I get back. I LIKE eating from a folding table, sitting in a plastic chair while cars whiz by only feet from me :)  It's a great way to take in the whole atmosphere of Bangkok. Which it seems they are set on doing away with as street sellers have mostly disappeared with only some redundant ones selling bullshit like fantasy knives. Apparently they want you IN STORES, hotels, restaurants, etc.  Course those folks DO pay taxes but still, it'll reduce Bkk to "just another too big city" status.  I don't spend much time there when I go to LOS nowadays. Very sad as the old vibe is what KEPT a lot of folks IN Bkk, and not heading right for the bus station, etc.