Favourite Ladyboy Cabaret Numbers.

bumblebee

I saw my first Thai cabaret in Christie's in Samui on my first trip many moons ago.  The whole experience was intoxicating, the ladyboys greeting us at the door in various revealing costumes and then serving us drinks and flirting, while we vied for the best view of the stage.  I was with my brother and 2 mates and we were up for anything.  We felt we were doing something naughty and yet felt  totally comfortable.  

The show was a blast as you can imagine to a first timer, but one song that really captured my imagination from that day onward was One Man Woman.  I guess because right in front me I witnessing the true reality of what I was interested in, something a little different and damn exciting.  

Looked around Youtube and settled on this clip from Hamburg of all places.  So what about the rest of you fine gentlemen, is there a particular routine you looked forward to or stood out, on the occasions you may have visited a cabaret.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, got to agree.  There's something about a ladyboy cabaret that gets me going.  The first time I shagged a cabaret dancer I thought it was fantastic.  I thought I was progressing from the bar workers to something better.  Experience has taught me it ain't always so.

All that glitters is not gold.  You get some real fucking prima donnas in these cabarets.

Can't say I've got a favourite number though.  One Night Only springs to mind.  Only because that's all they'll get out of me.

• Upvote 2

Whoever was the first to come up with that concept for One Man Woman is clever and creative.  Anyone know the history behind that?   Gets my vote as the best cabaret performance of all time.  First saw it at Alcazar with May/Moo many moons ago and had no idea it was one person. As I recall the choreography was different than in the above video, the "couple" was actually dancing. 

other than that it's more about whether or not I like the music and the quality of the sound system. I'm OK with lipsynching but elaborate costumes don't do much for me.  

I'll take Malt doing Nobody Nobody But You over a traditional cabaret.  First time I saw Malt (s)he had a bent straw to mimic a performer's headset and looked quite adorable.

• Upvote 1

.  You get some real fucking prima donnas in these cabarets.

Got to agree there Redrock. Nancy has a friend, can't recall her name as I never really bothered to ask, who comes to La Bamba almost every night after her shows at Tiffany. She seriously thinks her shit don't stink, never smiles, truly thinks she is a big somebody. Fact is, she isn't even all that good looking, IMO, most of the La Bamba girls are way hotter. 

I will give this bitch one thing though, she has a kind face - that is, a kind of face you would never get tired slapping!!!!

• Upvote 1

I've never actually been to one of the big name brand cabarets. Generally don't like the few cabarets I've seen. Ning Nong (hope I got that right) at C&D has done about the best job I've seen. There is a song at The Venue in Jomtien where the dancing boys and a LB turn their back to the audience and when they turn back around the boys are LBs and the LB is a boy. Although if you don't think of your LBs as boys it might be a bit disconcerting.  :biggrin:  Guess I should go to one of the big shows someday.

• Upvote 3

I have not seen a show yet so what is the best place to go to in BKK and are the shows on every night. I will be in town in 3 weeks.

There are 4 medium to big lb cabarets shows in Bangkok. I would recommend Calypso, which is located at Riverfront. It is a smaller cabaret seating about 250 people, than the big ones in Pattaya, Tiffany and Alcazar. There is also Playhouse in the Asia Hotel - a small venue seating around 120 people.

There is also Mambo Cabaret in a bigger venue that seats around 300+ people. It is located in an area called Yan Nawa, which is close to an industrial area. Map here

The other big cabaret show is Golden Dome, located in the Ratchada area. Map here

• Upvote 2

I actually went to Alcazar one night last trip with a ladyboy friend of mine ..... I know I know I was hungover and fancied a quiet night .

She works in a cabaret herself and phoned one of the girls there for discount tickets we got in for 400 Baht . 

It actually was good fun , no expense spared in the show with the stage and effects , quite spectacular .

She kept asking did I enjoy it , I guess most guys get bored but it was a good experience .

I actually went to Alcazar one night last trip with a ladyboy friend of mine ..... I know I know I was hungover and fancied a quiet night .

She works in a cabaret herself and phoned one of the girls there for discount tickets we got in for 400 Baht . 

It actually was good fun , no expense spared in the show with the stage and effects , quite spectacular .

She kept asking did I enjoy it , I guess most guys get bored but it was a good experience .

Cheap Charlie alert:Whats the regular price?

I've been dragged along to the Pattaya big two on sufferance, although not for many a year it has to be said. And long may that boycot continue as there's not too many things I find more tedious in Thailand than watching ladyboys pretending to sing in a a cabaret show.

I've been dragged along to the Pattaya big two on sufferance, although not for many a year it has to be said. And long may that boycot continue as there's not too many things I find more tedious in Thailand than watching ladyboys pretending to sing in a a cabaret show.

Thats kind of my view as well, I haven't been to the big gay pride here for a few years now as I just find the whole scantily clad mostly obese and ugly , drag Queens lip syncing to 80s disco music on top of a float sooo cliché and over - done

Alcazar or Tiffany I suppose is a good lace for a date.  

But if you just bring one ladyboy to Tamnan Kon E-san it's going to pretty boring IMO.   But if you're willing to treat a gaggle of ladyboys it can be a good sanook experience. They will enjoy a night out with their friends.  Best to have one other farang in your group so you have someone to talk to.

went to that one top of soi 13 it was back then with the Tina Turner one in it then it moved along just past central Fes before it was built !! and there was another one up soi 2 way that had a lot of small beer bars dotted around it, think there both closed now or has Tina had another comeback 55555 Regards Garry .....oh also hit the one in Sumui however was a bit pissed of there when the girls only wanted money for pics and found the drinks cost a bit ....back in 2007 that was.... Regards Garry

• Upvote 1