Corner Bar

pdogg

Michael and Thomas are selling Corner Bar. They need to be back in the States due to illness in their families. My understanding is that they're leaving December 5th and that they'll be having a farewell party on December 1st.

I find the popuarity of Corner Bar with the ladyboy loving crowd to be trully amazing and is a testament to the personal touch of the owners.

Corner Bar is a gay bar, not a ladyboy bar. I know of no other gay bar where a significant number of my chums hangout.

Aun is an excellent manager and Ning is great eye candy. The wicker chairs are comfy and both the drink prices and music volume are low. And some pretty good bar food.

So how did Corner get popular with our crowd? It all started with Khun Lefty. He popped in there one night and Michael made him feel right at home. They say the way to man's heart is through his stomach and they had Ole Lefty sample the prospective menu.

So a few of us would hang out and shoot the shit. Aun would make sure the boys would leave us alone and if a guy wanted he could buy Ning or Aun a drink.

For awhile ladyboy Em worked there, what a smile! And for a shorter period femboy Em.

Micheal and Thomas will be missed. Let's hope the owner's don't change anything but without Michhael and Thomas that's a huge change in itself.

Wow, I am sorry to hear this.

I, like many others grew very fond of Corner Bar. I always started my evenings there and would sit for many enjoyable hours with Aun and Ning. Often times I would end my night there also. The placed was relaxed, comfortable, and thoroughly pleasant. Michael was always up for a good chat and Thomas a good chuckle. Drinks were terrific and affordable with their double shot margaritas being the best in town. Food was damn good also. :bbq:

Some of my best and most memorable Pattaya evenings were spent with other BMs at Corner Bar. We were always welcomed even when I would bring along my GGF. :)

So to Michael, Thomas, Aun, and Ning, thank you for everything :bow: :hi::good:

SiamSam

Sounds good FB!

Em is fookin hot and I like short hair but there's generally a reason for short hair.

Em started her career as a service girl at Sundance agogo which is now YaYa Beer Bar. Less and less gogos in Sunee nowadays as they require lots more tea money. Current whereabouts unknown.

Had a few brewskis with the bros last night; Corner is comfy for sure.

Ning was hanging with us. I sure hope they can retain Ning. Even if we are primarily there to shhot the shit with our buds I think it's really important to "our" crowd to have a couple ladyboys around.

Here's Ning from last night.

Had a few brewskis with the bros last night; Corner is comfy for sure.

Ning was hanging with us. I sure hope they can retain Ning. Even if we are primarily there to shhot the shit with our buds I think it's really important to "our" crowd to have a couple ladyboys around.

Here's Ning from last night.

ok where is ning .???

Very sad news indeed, now this is two of my favourite Bars with a change of ownership, the first being Mike Le Cage & now Corner Bar, I shall certainly miss Tomas and Michael along with Aun and Ning and the rest of the crew, the collective whole of these fine friends was what made up the Corner Bar to be the place to meet up and shoot the breeze with good friends from the forums.

My run of bad luck continues. In this phase of my life I seem to have taken on, unwanted I can assure you, something of a divining rod for finding things to go wrong. I have been planning my next Thai trip for quite some time, including, following all the good oil on the forum from lots of good guys, about Corner Bar.

O I thinks, I'll just fix up a place within walking distance to Corner Bar, then I'll be set. Femboys galore in the Sunee area, close to Walking St, easy baht bus trips up or down to soi 6 and Sally's respectively. It was all going swimmingly.

Then comes this news. So it looks like I'll never get to enjoy that easy ambience so well described by you afficiandos. Maybe I'll just get to sneak in one session before the handover. We'll see.

As Siam Sam might say: boo hoo.

Ah, damn.... black armband news, that's for certain. Some of my favorite memories of the last trip were of chilling at Corner Bar, usually on the way to starting the evening - with Siam Sam, Alaska Bear, Kuhn Lefty, BigTel, Dicko, and anyone else that was part of our clan. Often turned out to be amongst the best part of the night, even though it was only supposed to be the pre-game warmup.

I'll hope that Aun and Ning will stay on and that some semblance of the ambience might remain as a result, but it's hard to imagine it being the same without Michael and Thomas behind the scene.

As they say, there's nothing constant but change, so certainly something will come along to fill the vacuum.

Don't worry Ken. I am sure Corner Bar will still be there for you to savour and enjoy during your next Pattaya tour of booty. Also I highly doubt Aun and Ning will be replaced since the two of them run the operation so well and represent much of the charm and attraction of the place. Any Boo Hoo at this point is premature. Let's see what transpires. Perhaps Lefty and I might buy it. :friends:

Don't worry Ken. I am sure Corner Bar will still be there for you to savour and enjoy during your next Pattaya tour of booty. Also I highly doubt Aun and Ning will be replaced since the two of them run the operation so well and represent much of the charm and attraction of the place. Any Boo Hoo at this point is premature. Let's see what transpires. Perhaps Lefty and I might buy it. :friends:

Yeah, we were just about to swoop in with an unbeatable offer, then these Belgians beat us too it. Isn't that right Sam?