LB bar on Soi Cowboy

bumblebee

Just read this on Stickman's weekly update.

"And just in case you thought there weren't enough ladyboy bars in town already, I can confirm that it is highly likely that within a month there will be a ladyboy bar in...Soi Cowboy! Nana Plaza has had a mortgage on ladyboy bars and the plaza could just as easily be called Ladyboy Heaven. But coming soon, a ladyboy venue to Soi Cowboy is looking very likely!"

Think we will need an volunteer to go check it out when it opens, any takers?? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I like the scale and layout of Soi Cowboy, a ladyboy bar is long overdue. Long ago there was a ha sip ha sip LB bar in the area adjacent to Cowboy.

I guess the Stick was being facetious refering to Ladyboy "Heaven" but there is no where in teh world where such quantity/quality are in one small area. A firtap for sure which would make it Ladyboy Hell.

It's good to have a bar away from Nana a short taxi/walk/skytrain away. :clapping:

We'll see how good Stickman's sources are next month.

I like the scale and layout of Soi Cowboy, a ladyboy bar is long overdue. Long ago there was a ha sip ha sip LB bar in the area adjacent to Cowboy.

I guess the Stick was being facetious refering to Ladyboy "Heaven" but there is no where in teh world where such quantity/quality are in one small area. A firtap for sure which would make it Ladyboy Hell.

It's good to have a bar away from Nana a short taxi/walk/skytrain away. :clapping:

We'll see how good Stickman's sources are next month.

There used to be Honey Bar in what was referred to as Soi Cowboy Annex. I thought it was totally lbs though rather than 50/50

There used to be Honey Bar in what was referred to as Soi Cowboy Annex. I thought it was totally lbs though rather than 50/50

Lefty, I think you are correct - I think it was also mostly lb freelancers who were working there.

I think a more interesting question is who is planning to open the lb bar. Most of the lb bars in NEP are owned by the group that has Cascade and Obsessions - who also own the gg Hollywood Bars. If this is the same group planning to open on Soi Cowboy, it may give more credence to the on-going rumors that NEP will be demolished.

I think a more interesting question is who is planning to open the lb bar. Most of the lb bars in NEP are owned by the group that has Cascade and Obsessions - who also own the gg Hollywood Bars.

Not entirely correct Rx...If memory serves me, the folks who own Lucky Luke's also own Temptations and also own at least one GG bar in Soi Cowboy...

Soi Cowboy? Sheeesh, I thought that place died years ago.

I guess having an LB bar there would be a good idea, could bring some people up from the Nana area who normally wouldn't go near the place if it was all just ladies.

I remember circa 2003-2004 there was an outdoor beer bar for Ladyboys only just off of Soi Cowboy, the only one I can ever recall in BKK.....it was pretty good too, all the freelancers used to hang in there when they were getting chased by the cops; many-a-night was spent there downing beer Changs with the girls 'till closing.

Some of you old-timers may also remember the Bluebird lounge; it was [is?] the first bar on the right coming in from the Soi 23 end. They had Lady dancers [and a way-cool glass ceiling for the 2nd-story dance floor] but all the hostesses were ladyboys! Some of the first-ever AsianTS models worked in there, this was around 2000 and 2001. I would say 10 years is long enough to bring some LB talent back to Cowboy!

Soi Cowboy? Sheeesh, I thought that place died years ago.

I guess having an LB bar there would be a good idea, could bring some people up from the Nana area who normally wouldn't go near the place if it was all just ladies.

I remember circa 2003-2004 there was an outdoor beer bar for Ladyboys only just off of Soi Cowboy, the only one I can ever recall in BKK.....it was pretty good too, all the freelancers used to hang in there when they were getting chased by the cops; many-a-night was spent there downing beer Changs with the girls 'till closing.

Some of you old-timers may also remember the Bluebird lounge; it was [is?] the first bar on the right coming in from the Soi 23 end. They had Lady dancers [and a way-cool glass ceiling for the 2nd-story dance floor] but all the hostesses were ladyboys! Some of the first-ever AsianTS models worked in there, this was around 2000 and 2001. I would say 10 years is long enough to bring some LB talent back to Cowboy!

That was Honey Bar in Soi Cowboy Annex. Joy, May, and some of their friends used to hang out there as I recall.

So, what's the latest regarding Nana Plaza anyway? Last I heard the speculation was rife that it would be transformed in some dramatic fashion and the bars forced out in the next couple of years. Anybody heard any more about that? If so, this could be inciting some forward-thinking owner to investigate the Soi Cowboy territory.

First I heard of this..... Why would they kill the golden goose of tourism in lower Suk? Has business dropped off so steeply that they want to build another mall for new Russian & Chinese tourists?

Or are they going to move it to a less "visible" neighborhood in BKK?

(Oops , just read the other thread on this.)

Yes, I could see where this could become a political football among the new politicos running things & the police with all the $$$ that gets funneled into here from guys from other countries. That $$$ doesn't reside in a vacuum, it's funding many a public servant's sick water buffalo & retirement fund now. Stay tuned.

Soi Cowboy is actually no longer second-rate to NEP. Some of the hottest GGs that work in SC, not NEP.

My guess is that a LB bar in SC might be OK for tourists looking for a laugh, but might not do so well for barfines and STs, as there is a walk-of-shame that many mongers do not want to face. For NEP, it is a quick trip next door or up the stairs to the ST room. In SC, they might have to walk the length of the soi.

I agree with EyeMahk, the SC crowd is proud to boast a non-LB scene when you talk to them. And the walk of shame would definitely be a huge factor cutting into the LBs finances that would force them to look elsewhere for work.

The SC area is just too small to house an LB bar where shy mongers will feel comfortable. Especially if you like GGs too. Everyone knows each other on that strip. And gossips about customers.

On the other hand, there are places that could have ST rooms on Soi 23. They could make an all-inclusive venue just off the beaten path of cowboy. Say in Twins Bar or the bars next door to Twins. New walls, new floor, new bar, new paint, new ST rooms upstairs...

I still believe that NEP is going to be around for a while, they keep upgrading the bars and clubs there. It looks better all the time. And the quality of girls is equal to those on SC in my opinion. Toss in the LB clubs and Soi 4 in general. Nana is still amazing.

Although maybe too many LBs are scaring off the tourists that don't like them. I know alot of guys that hate Soi 4 for this reason and go to Soi Cowboy to stay away from them. When you suggest Soi 4 to them, the first thing they say (just like all the GGs working in BKK that are not on Soi 4) is, "Why, you like Ladyboys huh?" (and in my head I'm saying hell yes!)

• Upvote 1

from memory there is a new bar complex being built at the end of Surawong where i think one bar has a foothold and the reat is empty at this time. next time i pass in a few weeks time all take another look as this may shed some light on the matter of nana closing... maybe

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soi Cowboy is actually no longer second-rate to NEP. Some of the hottest GGs that work in SC, not NEP.

My guess is that a LB bar in SC might be OK for tourists looking for a laugh, but might not do so well for barfines and STs, as there is a walk-of-shame that many mongers do not want to face. For NEP, it is a quick trip next door or up the stairs to the ST room. In SC, they might have to walk the length of the soi.

Good to know. I visited Soi Cowboy last year for the first time. I only spent an hour or so but it was early in the evening, smokey in most of the clubs, and I didn't see anything that made me want to come back. Obviously I missed the real talent, and would like to check the scene out again this year.

Which clubs do you recommend most highly EyeMahk? I respect your eye for talent and would love to hear more.

P.S. - thanks for the great tips last year, some of your recommendations were among the very highlights of my trip.

Good to know. I visited Soi Cowboy last year for the first time. I only spent an hour or so but it was early in the evening, smokey in most of the clubs, and I didn't see anything that made me want to come back. Obviously I missed the real talent, and would like to check the scene out again this year.

Which clubs do you recommend most highly EyeMahk? I respect your eye for talent and would love to hear more.

P.S. - thanks for the great tips last year, some of your recommendations were among the very highlights of my trip.

I ain't EyeMahk, but you could do a lot worse than checking out Afterskool. It's a "diddle" bar with a "naughty corner" if you want a bj or hj in-house. Never had a bad time or barfine there, and I started frequenting it well over 10 years ago. Just writing the name of the place puts a smile on my face :)

Also, there are (or were) a few LB's on SC, but most were posties posing as women to catch the unwary punter (in Midnite bar for instance) and in my view this is bad juju all around.

D.

I ain't EyeMahk, but you could do a lot worse than checking out Afterskool. It's a "diddle" bar with a "naughty corner" if you want a bj or hj in-house. Never had a bad time or barfine there, and I started frequenting it well over 10 years ago. Just writing the name of the place puts a smile on my face :)

Also, there are (or were) a few LB's on SC, but most were posties posing as women to catch the unwary punter (in Midnite bar for instance) and in my view this is bad juju all around.

D.

Ah-HA! So that's where Afterskool and the legendary Naughty Corner is located! I've always enjoyed the occasional semi-public blowjob (being blown, not providing!) so this has always appealed to the exhibitionist streak in me.

Ah-HA! So that's where Afterskool and the legendary Naughty Corner is located! I've always enjoyed the occasional semi-public blowjob (being blown, not providing!) so this has always appealed to the exhibitionist streak in me.

In that case, you can also put Toy Bar on your list (on the opposite side of the street in SC). It's a diddle bar similar to Afterskool, but not as good in my view (but you know how it comes and goes). Toy Bar is or used to be open early afternoon if that strikes your fancy. You can get a little crowd of them to work on you in the back. It's usually very quiet in the afternoon, with only a couple of regulars customers sipping a drink at the bar; or at least that's my experience.

I can't comment on the cost of getting blown in the bar (it's not my bag) but for diddling be prepared to invest in lady drinks and drop a few 100 notes here and there, and you'll get your money's worth.

I like SC, but I agree with what has been said about lb bars, the walk of shame and so on; it would never work with that setup.

D.

• Upvote 1

I can't comment on the cost of getting blown in the bar (it's not my bag) but for diddling be prepared to invest in lady drinks and drop a few 100 notes here and there, and you'll get your money's worth.

I can. In Afterskool, a BJ in the naughty-boys-corner is 700, although if you ask "how much", they might quote you more. Toy Bar, I got blown for 500 plus a ladydrink or two.

It is NOT true that Toy Bar is full of dogs. There are two real nice ones in there, and they work there because of good customer turnover.

• Upvote 1

I can. In Afterskool, a BJ in the naughty-boys-corner is 700, although if you ask "how much", they might quote you more. Toy Bar, I got blown for 500 plus a ladydrink or two.

It is NOT true that Toy Bar is full of dogs. There are two real nice ones in there, and they work there because of good customer turnover.

Hi. You may have read my post before I edited it then, but I didn't say anything about the ladies being dogs, since my tastes are very eclectic, to say the least :) I was telling DT that if, like me, he occasionally dabbles in older (like 40's and up) high-mileage ladies, there usually are a couple in Toy Bar sitting around during the evenings in that bar, looking on the action as if they've seen it all (and they've probably have). But remembering that this is an LB-oriented site after all, I took it out as "too much information" :)

For the rates, I think that they may be justified, taking into account that between the ladies employed at shielding the action from other customers, and the one(s) working on the punter, these are labor-intensive bj/hj's :)

For tit lovers (and who isn't?) in Afterskool, regardless of personel turnover, another observation is that there are always--always!--several girls with huge hard-as-rock tits, and they're not silly cones (to borrow from Kahuna); I know because fake ones have the same effect on me than garlic on vampires :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one to like the place around here...