What Do You Like About Thailand Compared To Your Own Country Apart From The Lady Boy Sean

stoolpusher

Hi All 

as the topic suggests, What are your likes and dislikes.

Personally I like the culture so different Aus .the Thai people are cool once you get to know

them. All ways trying to help me with my Thai speaking skills (yes I am a dumb shit).

The food is pretty cool and cheap the climate is close the Australian weather.

I follow ww2  history and have been to most of the sites around and hope to see more.

So what are your thoughts on this fine country. 

• Upvote 2

Like Mr. Duke, I like it in short increments........

The longest trip I ever made was 6 months...That was way too long...Shorter trips followed...

I like the food...I like the people...I like the weather...But I like my food and I like my people and I like my weather...

So Thailand only for 3 months at a time now...Like Khun Duke, I couldn't live there...

I have learned much during my travels in Thailand...About the people and their culture...And mostly about myself...I like what I have learned...

My doctor is a very beautiful young Vietnamese women...I ask her once if she missed home...If she missed Vietnam...The food...The smells...The people...Her people...Her family...She looked me straight in the eye and answered, "No.  I have lived in America too long."  

Her answer made me very sad...Even Ulysses came home...

So tell me, what WW II sites have you found in Thailand?

• Upvote 2

Well GT I have gone by train from Bkk to Nam Tok its as far as the train goes now the last 200 or so km to Burma have been pulled up

the River Kwai Bridge ,Kanchanaburi Cemetery and the Jeath and railway museums and up to the Death Railway. A very moving experience for me.

One day I will go to Burma and see it from that end.  

Do I enjoy Thailand when Im there on a Holiday?...Yes, very much

Would I live there full-time? ...No

Hey! Can not say like this! Can Not!

555! Joke buddy :)

The happiest guys I meet are the ones that split their time between Asia and home. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that Thailand is a better place to visit than to live :)

Guest JustSumGai

I'm a loner, so few friends here. The younger ppl here seem insane to me. They value weird stuff. The news tells me daily that America has gone nutso. I do not wish to hear more. I KNOW it won't be good. The fight between Dems and Repubs as the nation slides quickly into the toilet and the Haves takeover everything including the Dems and Repubs is like watching Nero fiddle. More and more I come to the conclusion that I would be better off away from here. Tho Thailands Haves begin to remind me of ours here. They won't even throw the buffalo a treat now and then to recognize their endless toiling. At least here we get a whole weekend off and don't have half as long a workday.

I'm thinking VERY seriously about giving it a real try over there soon, even Cambodia would be better I think. My own country has all the comforts I want, but as many have stated it seems souless, boring and without much joy, just a daily rut. I love the sounds, smells and flavors "over there". Ok, I'm not fond of the occasional endless barking dog(s) in the night but I got used to the roosters. A Khmer wedding cranking up nearby IS a bit of a pain, but then here we get Mardi Gras for 2 weeks a year and that bud is a CLUSTERFUCK. I live half a block from the parade route. It's no coincidence I don't go home from Asia until after that crap is over.

I love the markets there and the FRESH food and dizzing array of foods.  The ppl are happier than they should be it seems, here no one is really happy unless they are making GOBS of money, and I don't know many of those types. I do love the cooler weather here more than I used to and rain throught the year. That dry season kinda gets to me with parts of the country going a bit brown for a while, but hell, in winter the trees here look dead. Eh, I gotta say I find even the regular frustrations of thai time, face, etc. are preferable to me to what I deal with at home.

You really don't want a list of what I like vs dislike here and there. See what just a basic reaction to the question got ya?

hahahahaha

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking VERY seriously about giving it a real try over there soon, even Cambodia would be better I think. My own country has all the comforts I want, but as many have stated it seems souless, boring and without much joy, just a daily rut. I love the sounds, smells and flavors "over there". 

That is the saddest post I have read here...Joy is something that is inside YOU...It is not the responsibility of your county to give you Joy or the newspaper or the television or young folks...Joy is happiness...A person can be happy anywhere...

Don't confuse excitement with Joy...Excitement is what you feel when you travel to a new world...But it ain't Joy...I certainly ain't trying to talk you out of moving to Southeast Asia but the grass ain't greener in Thailand or Cambodia...If you don't have Joy inside you, don't expect to find it in a foreign land...

Make you own Joy young man...And then and only then, when you are full of it, you can ask yourself how much Joy you have brought to others...That's the measure of a person........

Wherever you go I truly hope you find some Joy.................

• Upvote 3

but then here we get Mardi Gras for 2 weeks a year and that bud is a CLUSTERFUCK. I live half a block from the parade route. It's no coincidence I don't go home from Asia until after that crap is over.

So you go home after Mardi Gras but before Songkran.   :biggrin:

Nawlins is one of my favorite cities.  And had a blast at my last Mardi Gras.  But I'm sure it gets old quick living there.

If I hit the Power Ball, I'll found the Krewe of Kock and fly over a bunch of ladyboys.

What do I like here that we don't have at home...

Hmm,.. Drink drive, cheap anal sex with developing world villagers, big fat hissing lizards & tree snakes, ladymen, bribeable police, cheap dope, baby monkeys with cute big ears, opium dens, cheap massage, happy ending massage, ladymen giving massage:)))))))))) Tuk Tuks, Late night bars selling cheap piss & cheap people, chickens in trees, anonymity, fabulous cuisine, fabulous inappropriateness on a grand scale, mai pen rai, funny coloured insects, 7/11 girls, the Thai smile, ping pong shows, skanky little soi dogs, Chiang Mai University students in tight skirts, fluffy caterpillars, did I mention ladymen? did I mention ladymen students in tight skirts?? My indiscretions being overlooked, ... And of course, the weather

• Upvote 5

That is the saddest post I have read here...Joy is something that is inside YOU...It is not the responsibility of your county to give you Joy or the newspaper or the television or young folks...Joy is happiness...A person can be happy anywhere...

Don't confuse excitement with Joy...Excitement is what you feel when you travel to a new world...But it ain't Joy...I certainly ain't trying to talk you out of moving to Southeast Asia but the grass ain't greener in Thailand or Cambodia...If you don't have Joy inside you, don't expect to find it in a foreign land...

Make you own Joy young man...And then and only then, when you are full of it, you can ask yourself how much Joy you have brought to others...That's the measure of a person........

Wherever you go I truly hope you find some Joy.................

And that's one of the kindest posts I have read here!

And so true... There's just way too many people transporting their old problems & melancholy over here with them.

And that's one of the kindest posts I have read here!

And so true... There's just way too many people transporting their old problems & melancholy over here with them.

Yes Kahuna's post was full of wisdom.......happiness/joy is an inside job allright,but i do find it easier to be happy if the outside environment  is conducive to happiness....living in the uk theres too much aggression i find.....a nanosecond after the bus driver shuts the doors i arrive ,rain sodden with a valid ticket....will he let me on his bus? will he fuck,sorry mate,health and safety rules and regs.....none of that old bollox in thailand/asia..............want to hire a bike,open a bank account?,....much simpler than back home.....no fear  of car clampers or traffic wardens.......town centres that are free of violent drunks after 11pm....cheap quality .organic food, thats the norm...chicken that isnt full of steroids....great available sex of whatever type  takes your fancy....people who smile back at you....yes,friendly locals......

• Upvote 1

Yes Kahuna's post was full of wisdom.......happiness/joy is an inside job allright,but i do find it easier to be happy if the outside environment  is conducive to happiness....living in the uk theres too much aggression i find.....a nanosecond after the bus driver shuts the doors i arrive ,rain sodden with a valid ticket....will he let me on his bus? will he fuck,sorry mate,health and safety rules and regs.....none of that old bollox in thailand/asia..............want to hire a bike,open a bank account?,....much simpler than back home.....no fear  of car clampers or traffic wardens.......town centres that are free of violent drunks after 11pm....cheap quality .organic food, thats the norm...chicken that isnt full of steroids....great available sex of whatever type  takes your fancy....people who smile back at you....yes,friendly locals......

Plus you can always meet the odd loony Cardiff fan in Witherspoons on Soi Buakhao while watching Football :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

What do I like here that we don't have at home...

Hmm,.. Drink drive, cheap anal sex with developing world villagers, big fat hissing lizards & tree snakes, ladymen, bribeable police, cheap dope, baby monkeys with cute big ears, opium dens, cheap massage, happy ending massage, ladymen giving massage:)))))))))) Tuk Tuks, Late night bars selling cheap piss & cheap people, chickens in trees, anonymity, fabulous cuisine, fabulous inappropriateness on a grand scale, mai pen rai, funny coloured insects, 7/11 girls, the Thai smile, ping pong shows, skanky little soi dogs, Chiang Mai University students in tight skirts, fluffy caterpillars, did I mention ladymen? did I mention ladymen students in tight skirts?? My indiscretions being overlooked, ... And of course, the weather

I think this sums it up quite well.