Name that country

JaiDee

Excellent tries from P Dogg and from Globetrotter,  but it's actually a sky view of Boston, Ma!

Same skyline, but looking in from the harbor....

Was there some movie maybe with Tony Curtis, something like 7 Bridges where they were shutting down teh bridges so the bad guys couldn't escape?

Ahhh, that pic of Boston brings back the memories. There is a bar in the building on the bottom right of the picture, I forget the name.

Sitting outside on a warm summers day, looking over the harbour, watching the world go by was great. way to pass a few hours. Not cheap by any means, but well worth it.

The penultimate picture is of the capital of Georgia, Tbilisi

Well done. I was reading a blog of a couple who travelled through Georgia on a motorbike journey from UK to Oz, they really enjoyed their time in Georgia.This is what I meant about the unique written language.

post-367-0-76702900-1395872009_thumb.png

It was once the capital city of the country and overlooked by two hills.

Any board member with a knowledge of Cyrillic should get the answer.

My Cyrillic is a bit rusty these days. I was going to say Astana (yes, I googled it) but you want the previous capital. Good luck with finding someone who knows that.

Here's a question of my own:

Where's this place? And a hint - you will kick yourself when you learn the answer.

post-83-0-90363200-1396158125_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

so ill go Hong Kong .. South side

Not Hong Kong.

Well it looks like newer construction & not a relic, it also looks to me like it's based on the Great Wall & not on a castle. 

Your first comment is wrong. Re-word your second comment & you'll be on the money. 

Shan Hai Guan where China meets the sea.

Astana is incorrect. The signpost denotes the river that runs through the city.

A hint....skulls, 4's and 8's use it for international competitions.

I'm enjoying this thread so here's another pic.

Duran Duran used this location for one of their videos.

post-4915-0-45749700-1396186216_thumb.jp

I'm in the video, very briefly.

Name the location in the pic.

Shan Hai Guan where China meets the sea.

Shan Hai Guan? Hmmm, I presume you mean where the Great Wall meets the sea. I can't let it drag on so between you & Hefe you have it.

The picture shows the end of the Great Wall, not the usual viewpoint of the wall but an interesting one nevertheless. At least IMO.

Skin2fan, there's an unanswered post for you in the Claim to Fame thread. Feel free to respond. Cheers.

Guest sustra

Sigiriya - Sri lanka....

now....... no answer is needed as the picture is very evident and obvious.....SKYLINE OF A SUNNY BEAUTIFUL DAY IN SHANGAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!