Name that country

JaiDee

It always amazes amuses me how those countries with zero democracy like to include it in their name.

The Democratic Republic of Germany (was East Germany), the Democratic Republic of Congo (formerly Zaire, formerly the DRC) & the Democratic Republic of North Korea being a couple of examples.

Biafra is in Nigeria isn't it....?

YES, Biafra is in and on the tip of Nigeria on the ocean. 

Thanks guys, Nigeria is correct. And Sam, the Biafra I saw drawn on the map in the movie showed the place occupied most of the south east corner of Nigeria. It was a large area. Google Maps doesn't show it al all. It reverts to the Bight of Bonny. One can only assume the place no longer exists.

After the British left there was a civil war in Nigeria & the hated Biafrans were forced out of their leadership positions & driven back to the state of Biafra where the population were starved for many years.

I don't know what the current status for Biafrans is today but I can't imagine all has been forgiven. Does anyone know?

OK guys, for those of you who watch BBC international this may be an easy one.

Which country name is also an acronym for a certain type of conveyance?

67, no?  You watch the BBC, don't you?

I will give the answer soon but a clue first; there was some kind of a civil war there recently and it was on the news quite a bit, January and February mostly.

OK, I am going to throw this one out to the masses and heck, I never would have gotten it either if it wasn't on the BBC for many weeks straight a little while back. 

It's the;

Central

African

Republic

Which south American country has a capital city which sounds a lot like watching a video on a mountain top,  but in reality has no Spanish to English translation?