Name that country

JaiDee

keppler 186 or 168 .......named after the keppler telescope that discovered it...

Kepler 186, named after the German maths whizz, Johannes Kepler, who had something to do with describing how the planets move around (I think).

hmmm......was the planet named after the telescope or after the mathematician?......i would posit the telescope....the telescope was named of course after the mathematician........up to today-there are over 400 new cosmic bodies numbered (rather than named ) Kepler _ _ _

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_exoplanets_discovered_using_the_Kepler_spacecraft

Would have never guessed that except for perhaps your comrade clue.

Yeah, that was the reason I put Comrade in the question;  Moscow does not look like your father's Russia anymore!

Which country is the city of Iquitos in?

It is the largest city in the world that is inaccessible by road; boat or plane only.

Guest sustra

anybody that loves the movie Fitzcarraldo knows that he wants to build a theatre in Iquitos....that is why is going there up The river rio Amazonas by a steamship and interrupts the trip  to transport the boat up the hills....

As i've seen this movie several times  iquitos is on the Rio amazonas in Peru'...just before Manhaus

Now it has some oilfields and the wine of the gods..made with a psychadelic herb, prepared by authentic or rip off sciamans...cuirous to know that the herb in question is perfectly legal and you could buy a bottle at any local market ( i guess that for the rest of your life you should just listen to "shine on you crazy diamond )

• Upvote 2

Yup, Iquitos is in northeastern Peru......been there twice myself, and have tried the "wine of the Gods" many times.

Not sure if it's quite ''available at any local market'',  but you CAN get it if you try hard enough.  Problem is, taking it home and doing it without the aid of a shaman in your home - or, worse, going out somewhere - could be really dangerous.  That stuff is no joke.

I agree with you Sam. As much as logic tells me the reverse, Kyoto is east of Vladivostok & Beijing is east of Shanghai. At least I think so.

Try these two  -

which city is farther north....    Kathmandu or New Delhi?

Seoul or Tokyo?

Kathmandu and Tokyo

Both wrong. I thought Tokyo / Seoul wasn't too hard a question, the one that surprised me & I'm sure you could win money from is the first one  -  New Delhi / Kathmandu.

In my mind, there's India down here with Nepal up there. It was a shock to see Kathmandu south of New Delhi when I first looked it up. 

Guest sustra

bistro from russian language быстро that means fast , quickly....give me a vodka bistro ( that you pronounce bistra ) because of the russian soldiers was forbidden to drink alchool...they used to say quickly...give me a vodka.( i was a russian-italian-french interpreter in my youth ) but the origin is not sure...could also come from a dialect in north of France Bistrot