The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Keep guessing, old sport!

Names of famous gold mines in Oz.....

With the day that is in it tomorrow here is a topical one.  The legend says St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland.  But what is the real reason there are no snakes native to Ireland yet there are in Britain?

The land mass that is now Ireland had seperated from the land mass that is now Britain before Britain had seperated from the land mass of Europe....the snakes hadnt spread that far from warmer climes ,so never actually reached Ireland!

Names of famous gold mines in Oz.....

The land mass that is now Ireland had seperated from the land mass that is now Britain before Britain had seperated from the land mass of Europe....the snakes hadnt spread that far from warmer climes ,so never actually reached Ireland!

Exactly willie and then like already mentioned they could not handle the icy roads. :biggrin:

This one might be a tad difficult so I'll give you a clue.  There is a connection with somewhere/something in Spain.

Another clue I guess. The actual gate is on the banks of the River Liffey and in medieval times people meet there to start a journey. Where were they going? The Spanish name for James should give it away.

That answer is sooooo close - but not close enough, I'm afraid.

They all won The Grand National in the 19th century.

Try this one:

Sunderland did it in 1979, and Villa did it in 1981.  Who did it in 1980?

for a person who's NOT  a football fan,thats a nice question 67..............alan Sunderland scored the winner for arsenal in 79(i can't forget that) and Ricky Villa scored the winner (god bless his argentinian cotton socks) against Man Citeh.......I cant forget that either.....I have to confess....I had to google 1980 (alzheimers is kicking in) Trevor Brooking scored the winning goal in 1980 for West Ham against Arsenal.....OK ,maybe i'm disqualified for googling(but it was worth it)....

OK-Another football-ish question.....Stockport County changed their kit from blue and white stripes /black shorts ...in 1982......WHY did they do that?

Secretariat?

Not a horse racing question jaidee....football ....

Another clue I guess. The actual gate is on the banks of the River Liffey and in medieval times people meet there to start a journey. Where were they going? The Spanish name for James should give it away.

I hate to leave a question hanging so I'll reveal all. The gate is called St James's as if was there that pilgrims gathered to start their journey to the Spanish French border and the beginning of the Camino de Santiago(St James) leading eventually to the city of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia.

Ah because they are the same colours as the Argentina national team.

Correctamundo BB.....the smacked arses running Stockport County FC decided to change their kit (the same kit as Argentina) because of the Falklands war.........by the way,theyve never had any luck since then,and theyre now languishing in the 6th tier of English football