The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Well done TC. I had three of your picks plus Catherine Parr, I forgot Anne of Cleves & Catherine Howard. I'm cross with myself because many years ago this question came up in a quiz & I resolved to remember their names. I didn't think it would take 30+ years for the question to come up again. And when it did the old grey cells failed me...       :sad0116:

What a life Henry lived! Six wives at a time when marriage was for life. And what a fantastic bonus he left the world thanks to his voracious appetite for women. i.e. he broke the hold of the Catholic Church over every aspect of life with the establishment of the Anglican Church. Without that the Pope would still be the most powerful man alive today & things like the internet would never be allowed under their watchful eye. 

Three questions about the above list:

1) Which wife is he reported to have loved the most?

2) Who was the ugly one?

3) Who was the mother of the next most important monarch in British history?

ugly one was Anne of Cleves

Mother of next king, Jane Seymour

Loved most, Catherine Parr or Jane Seymour

ugly one was Anne of Cleves

Mother of next king, Jane Seymour

Loved most, Catherine Parr or Jane Seymour

First one is correct as already established.

The "mother of the next most important monarch in British history" was Anne Boleyn. Anne's daughter was Elizabeth, soon to become Elizabeth I. Henry's other daughter was Mary Queen of Scots who finished up being executed by Elizabeth. You are correct that Jane Seymour was the mother of the next king though. Her son Edward inherited the throne at the age of 9 but he died at 15.

The last one I can concede on the basis it was an unanswerable question. Jane Seymour is the only one of the six wives to be buried alongside Henry which can be taken as a sign of his affections but how can we ever know? The answer I was after having read it in a biography was Catherine of Aragon, Henry's first wife. Now I can't find the text & considering it was speculation based on stories from the 16th century any wife would do. Any apart from Anne of Cleves that is. Her marriage was never consummated, quite an indictment considering Henry wanted to stick his dick in anything that took his fancy.

I notice NOT ONE of you has even ATTEMPTED to answer my City of Everett poser.

As Lefty might well be inclined to say - PUSSIES!

I'm not a pussy; I'm a dick!

My wild guess:  The City of Everett was the largest fake city ever, by fake I mean little houses glued to board.  It debuted at the New York World's Fair in 1964.  It can now be found at Cooper Union.

Now what was the original name of The City of Everett, what was it the first to do, and where would you find it NOW?

Cities are not referred to as "IT", they don't DO anything & they don't move location.

What you are referring to is something that has been named "The City of Everett". It must be a space shuttle or a warship or something like that. 

What was its original name? No idea....    Air Force One?

What was it the first to do? Hmmm....    fly non stop across the Pacific? Fly around the world? Make some inaugural flight to somewhere?

Where is it now? At the aeroplane graveyard somewhere in the US desert? Somewhere XYZZZYX doesn't like? At the Boeing factory? 

• Upvote 1

You are almost there, rxpharm, almost. Agonizingly close...but just not close enough.

Hmm, I think I remember from some documentary - it has the largest building by volume in the world because of the size of the Boeing factory. However, still don't know the name of it before Everett though.

You are almost there, rxpharm, almost. Agonizingly close...but just not close enough.

You have three questions running, it isn't clear to which of them you are referring. To be clear - you want the original name of the plane; what it was the first to do & where is it now.

I'll have another stab - 1) Spirit of Washington

2) First to carry more than 300 passengers

3) It's on display in Everett

How'd I go this time.........    ?

• Upvote 1

Sometime during WW1 soldiers in the British Army were issued with metal helmets instead of caps but there was an increase in those hospitalized with head injuries 

Why ?

This came up on a program I was watching, maybe we saw the same show? I vaguely recall it was because a bullet hitting the helmet caused the head to injure itself when it banged into the other side of the helmet. Because the helmet wasn't a tight fit the head was thrown around inside it.

Am I close?

Thats a good try but not the official answer , also i dont think you get 2 goes :biggrin:

when i say hospitalized i mean all soldiers with head injuries that are in field hospitals , trench hospitals , bandaged up in the trenches.

In fact any soldier with a head injury but not killed outright would count ..

• Upvote 1

no.. not close im afraid Paccers dear fellow . I cant remember seeing the same show also. Its an old quiz question and It can be deduced logically.... maybe you kick yourself when you have the answer

Thanks for the logic tip, I think I have it. This isn't a military question at all, the trick is in the wording. There were no more or less soldiers shot in the head but instead of dying, they sustained head wounds. With the cloth cap there were less head wounds because more of them died.

Give them a helmet & less of them died but there were more soldiers needing treatment for head wounds.

I'm sure that's it....          :party0005:

• Upvote 2