The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Beat's me but I think it is Diogenes, not his Italian cousin Diogenese.  :biggrin: Just ribbin' ya TC.

If I remember correctly he was all about air and space wasn't he?. All theory, no science. He believed in objects in space flying around for what we today understand as meteorites. Lots of dogs in the picture. Dog days of August? 

How come all those guys living in barrels are in such terrific physical shape? 

How come all those guys living in barrels are in such terrific physical shape? 

Great question Sam....and one alas,there is no answer to.....

Which french arist/sculptor was once a stockbroker,a boxer and a friend of van gogh,who like him ,also attempted suicide,named his dog "big cock" and his house "house of orgasms"...whose possibly greatest work sits in the Art gallery in Boston?....c'mon Jai dee,you must have seen it...

• Upvote 1

What a great photo!   B)

Now Gaugian was a kindred spirit I think to many of us, leaving his homeland & living in Polynesia for all those years seduced by the young ladies there. I remember reading he was quite an ass however, unlike us....

Was Diogenes the fellow who wandered around with his lamp, in the picture, looking for an honest man?  Can't say what term he inspired though if that is the case.

• Upvote 1

Was Diogenes the fellow who wandered around with his lamp, in the picture, looking for an honest man?  Can't say what term he inspired though if that is the case.

The answer is Cynical

Diogenes lived liked a Dog as worldly goods were of no use and were rejected by him and his movement . This did not stop them borrowing money with no intention of paying it back and which gave the word its modern day meaning..

He was a co founder of the Cynic Philosophy to live as a dog does basically

The clue is the Dog.. the ancient word for Dog was Kunos/Cunos and it got twisted and re translated into the word "Cynic" either from Greek or Latin , i cant remember which

( i said the clue was cryptic  :biggrin: )

• Upvote 1

3. Paul Newman, Cool Hand Luke

Spot on lefty, The other two unanswered were Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey, American Beauty) and Rocky Sullivan (the legend that was Jimmy Cagney in Angels with dirty faces)

I may as well throw a question in the ring. Which America president has a capital city of a country after him?

Spot on lefty, The other two unanswered were Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey, American Beauty) and Rocky Sullivan (the legend that was Jimmy Cagney in Angels with dirty faces)

I may as well throw a question in the ring. Which America president has a capital city of a country after him?

Monroevia,after an american president......the african country that was Liberia (is it still Liberia?)

George Washington?