The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Yup,  the question was how the word came about, my son and his  GF were discussing it last week when we saw the NYC marathon on the tube, and I told 'em the story of the  messenger who took the message from the battle of Marathon to Athens.  Didn't know his name though, good one on you Paccers!

Not necessary, just read all the responses and you will see if the questions have been answered or not.

I answer the questions if I know them, when I see them. If it is mandatory I scroll through all the rest of the posts first, I probably won't bother going back to answer. 

No. He was killed on Mactan Island which is part of current day Cebu province, that is true, but that is not where he and his men first landed in the archipelago.  

I guess my question was too tough for ya, so I'll have to give the answer. The first place Magellan and his men landed in the Philippines was a small island that is part of the current day province of Eastern Samar. 

You're welcome.

Yes, Sir!

How did you know that one Nightrider?

If you go to Montreal or Quebec City or Trois Riviers on St. Jean de Baptiste day in late June you will hear that phrase quite often, one of my local friends told me that many years ago and told me who said it in 1967, to the cheering throngs of separatists :biggrin:

Yes, Sir!

How did you know that one Nightrider?

If you go to Montreal or Quebec City or Trois Riviers on St. Jean de Baptiste day in late June you will hear that phrase quite often, one of my local friends told me that many years ago and told me who said it in 1967, to the cheering throngs of separatists :biggrin:

It was a pure guess, I new De Gaulle was prevalent in 67 I can remember reading something about him and the year'67, and he is the only Famous French Person I know  of except for Marcel Marceau, and he can't talk, so it wasn't him. :)

Yeah good old Chucky De Gaulle stirring up the pot for the Quebec nationals/separatists. 

I wasn't in La Belle Province in 1967 for De Gaulle's famous speech but was there for the first and second referendums and it was scary times. Especially the last one when the separatists lost by only a fraction of a percentage point. The entire country of Canada held its collective breath that day.

Even though the separatists lost two referendums to secede from Canada they have continued to threaten a third one. As such "referendums" have become known in Quebec as the "neverendums".