London is the worst place ever

JaiDee

Manchesters ok,you get a lot more bang for your buck in Mcr.....there isn't that much difference in the salaries ,but the cost of accomodation in london makes living there prohibitive....

The cost of housing is definitively high in London. But I've only ever lived here so I suppose I take it for granted. I think we kind of get used to where we were brought up and think it's a great place to live, but maybe because it's where our family and friends are.

I couldn't move anywhere I don't know anyone. That might be because I am quiet, and don't make new friends easily.

Anyway the people in Manchester have strange accents, and from what I hear it rains a lot up there! :character00292:

• Upvote 1

as it happens it was a bit fogged in London a few days last week but thats rare these days. unlike here in Hong Kong where its smog every day and to think i said i wouldnt mind living in HK... i take that back now.

Many diplomats send there kids to school in the Phils its so bad here.

anyhow im in BKK tomorrow for R&R

Nah, you're defo back in my good books again with that Scouse joke, Duke :happy0065:

That tickled me!

I loved JaiDee's grey sky out of the plane window too... It'd be even funnier if it wasn't so true.

Loved the erly 60's photo too Jaidee... North Embankment on the Thames, guessing just a few yards down from Charring Cross..

Oh, bum holes :blush: ... I was trying to general, Tomcat,

Anyway, really glad everyone had a good summer there, that's some respite, at least.

Here's a little fact for all you LB Reviewaroonies... Do you know why it's usually so grey in the UK?.. It's because you're never more than 30 miles from water. :character00292:

And besides, it is usually grey, my memories are grey & the outlook is grey, the people are grey... And even I'm fuckin' going grey.

:hi:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

IMO, London is one of the best places in the world!

This is Margaret McCollum, she visits the Embankment underground station everyday to hear and remember her late husband, Oswald who recorded the "Mind the Gap" announcement in 1950:

FIKVtFzX0AAOUld?format=jpg&name=900x900

Where else in the world can you find something so beautiful?

• Like 3