Margaret Thatcher RIP

Yes, here's to the death. Celebrate well willie.

That era of her, Reagan and for us in Australia, Howard, who most of you probably haven't heard of, were shits on a social scale unprecedented since the facism of WWII, who reflected that time when voters who think only through their hip pockets gave those people power in the parliaments to wreck so many social institutions coz they didn't know any better.

Not sure how much we've moved on, but the demise is welcome anyhow.

• Upvote 1

were shits on a social scale unprecedented since the facism of WWII,

What an exaggeration..

You obviously haven't heard of Tony Blair who imported  3 Million immigrants from the third world and changed the face of the UK forever .. when that scumbag drops dead i will get out the Bollinger

Meanwhile, down at hell's gates, satan prepares himself for a leadership challenge....

Thanx BB-Funny as fook

What an exaggeration..

You obviously haven't heard of Tony Blair who imported  3 Million immigrants from the third world and changed the face of the UK forever .. when that scumbag drops dead i will get out the Bollinger

Ive heard of Tony Blair-another cunt.....the son of Thatcher politically....the face of the uk was well changed before Blair got in....You never heard of the Ugandan Asians????

At least Blair never destroyed shipbuilding industry,steel industry and the coal mines-he didnt sell BT off for peanuts,nor the Gas elec and Water,like Thatcher did.....

Anyway-i'm not arguing I'm happy as fook........

It is unusual for me to drink on a Monday night, but I shall down a few tonight to celebrate the death of the witch from hell. As well as privatising half the country, shutting down most of the mines, wiping ou the unions, the old cunt took the milk from the mouths of the school children. Not sure she'll rot in hell though, don't think there is any coal left to burn the fires.

• Upvote 1

What an exaggeration..

So very true.  The above is hysterical hyperbole-if there is such a thing.  If not, I just made it the fuck up!!!

Its so very interesting to see those who preach "TOLERANCE" being so vicious.

Its also so very interesting to compare this thread with the recent Chavez RIP thread.  Hypocrites...............

Disclaimer: I am not from the UK and did not live in the UK to experience the Thatcher years directly. As such, perhaps I am not qualified to expressed an opinion. However from what I do know I would like to say the following:

Personally I am surprised at the above expressed hatred and contempt for Mrs. Thatcher. She was democratically elected as was Reagan and Mulroney at the time. Those were the times and their policies were the policies of the people we then elected.

In a democracy, for good or ill, we get who we elect and as a result who we deserve. The lady did what she thought was best for her country and people. She was someone who believed in her convictions, worked tirelessly, devoted her life to her country and I believe did the best she could. As far as I know she did not steal or squirrel away national funds in off shore tax havens to enrich herself. She served, she suffered, and now she has passed. 

Regardless of what we all now think of her policies she deserves better than outright scorn and contempt. Surely, if we do not have any kind words for her the least we can do is say nothing at all. 

Don't beat me up Willie!!!  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Here are some quotes from the Iron Lady:

- "If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman." 1965 speech

- "Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope."May 4, 1979, after becoming PM

- "To those waiting with bated breath for that favourite media catchphrase, the U-turn, I have only one thing to say: You turn if you want to. The lady’s not for turning." October 1980, Conservative Party conference

- "Pennies don’t fall from heaven — they have to be earned here on Earth." November 1979 at a banquet

- "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay, live within your means, put by a nest egg for a rainy day, pay your bills on time, support the police." September 1981 interview

- "Defeat? I do not recognize the meaning of the word." April 1982, start of the Falklands War

- "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end." April 4, 1989, in the Observer

Disclaimer: I am not from the UK and did not live in the UK to experience the Thatcher years directly. As such, perhaps I am not qualified to expressed an opinion.

Well said-youre not qualified to express an opinion....just as I would not have the temerity to discuss American politics,coz all I know of American politics ,is what ive read...

If you had lived thru the Thatcher years in the UK,you might have something to base your opinion on.......AND-you really think she ever tried to live by that prayer of St Francis.......?  Please ,thats just too funny.

Its ok , Archie. You and topcat like Maggie, GW ,Ronald Reagan and Jerry Falwell. Good for you. Like you said before, it depends on your world view. Congrats.

Honestly pal-you dont know SHIT about me i.e. whom I might like and/or dislike.  Of the above I "like" only 2 out of the 4. 

This is from a guy that thinks Fidel Castro is a swell, good guy.....

Disclaimer: I am not from the UK and did not live in the UK to experience the Thatcher years directly. As such, perhaps I am not qualified to expressed an opinion. However from what I do know I would like to say the following:

Personally I am surprised at the above expressed hatred and contempt for Mrs. Thatcher. She was democratically elected as was Reagan and Mulroney at the time. Those were the times and their policies were the policies of the people we then elected.

In a democracy, for good or ill, we get who we elect and as a result who we deserve. The lady did what she thought was best for her country and people. She was someone who believed in her convictions, worked tirelessly, devoted her life to her country and I believe did the best she could. As far as I know she did not steal or squirrel away national funds in off shore tax havens to enrich herself. She served, she suffered, and now she has passed. 

Regardless of what we all now think of her policies she deserves better than outright scorn and contempt. Surely, if we do not have any kind words for her the least we can do is say nothing at all. 

A voice of reason.....

Well said-youre not qualified to express an opinion....just as I would not have the temerity to discuss American politics,coz all I know of American politics ,is what ive read...

If you had lived thru the Thatcher years in the UK,you might have something to base your opinion on.......AND-you really think she ever tried to live by that prayer of St Francis.......?  Please ,thats just too funny.

So ipso facto, Willie his would mean that you really cannot comment/take an opinion on American politics/policies??  My, oh my you are selling yourself quite short.......

I fail to see any hypocricy......could you point it out Archie?

Certainly, sir.  In this thread there are many vicious comments/sentiments.  Just look at the first couple of pages at how she was an evil bitch and how she is going to hell and how orgasmic that people are over her death.

Now on the Chavez thread, there were maybe two posters who expressed this but,as a whole, those of us who did NOT like Chavez argued the policies instead.  Yeah, there was dislike about his policies and behavior but those who did NOT like him didnt use the bile invective that youse have against Thatcher.

Hence, my opinion that there is hypocrisy.....