Anaconda Closed?

deepthroat

I was in there on 30th Jan and all was normal 8 LBs but few customers.

I also heard that the bar was 'dark' this last week on one evening. My guess is that they did not pay their electric bill.

The power company is quick to disconnect here - you get your bill around 18th of the Month and have 7 days to pay.

How do I know? Because when I moved here I did not know how the system worked - I was cut off until I went and paid.

Payment is easy - 711, TescoLotus, Bank - you present the bar-coded bill and pay - they charge up to 10 baht to do this.

Maybe nobody took responsibility for the bill so it was overlooked. Power was on when I visited on 30th Jan.

I will be disappointed if it is closed as it was a bar with promise. It takes time and effort to establish a bar and it was getting there.

Th electric failure was nothing to do with a bill not being paid - the entire soi was out on one cable.     The bars electric bill is actually done on calender month basis from the 1st.   

Having said that I have heard the same stories and I have heard total denials of it being true.     I suspect the former is more likely.  

• Upvote 1

Checked in around 2:30am only to find two girls sleeping on the sofas. In the good old days (three months ago) it was heaving up until 4 on most nights. I can only hope they find a way to resurrect this place although without proper management I'm afraid it is highly unlikely.

WOW, I remeber just a short while ago I attended a jell-o wrestling party. I watched AB leave with three sweet ladies.  :clapping: My only issue was there ws no jell-o only water.

Getting the gelatin to set up when it's in a barrel-sized tub in 90 degree heat apparently turned out to be a greater challenge than the boys in the Anaconda lab had previously estimated.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

after an enjoyable farewell to BB gathering at PBG last night (feb 24), a fellow forum member and i went by anaconda about 10pm, only to find the bar draped in black plastic and a security type sitting at the pool table eating some pad thai and telling me the bar was closed. i asked if it would be open again tomorrow and was told "okay".  i translated that to mean "i said the bar is closed".

maybe two minutes later, as we were strolling toward soi 8, i got a text from my favorite anaconda girl, asking me to meet her at her bar.

i said i was just at her bar and it was closed.

she said 'yes. closed. wait me.'

whether it was coincidence or someone saw me at the bar and called her, i may never know, but ten minutes later she arrived on motor taxi , i met her outside UK bar, and we left together, never re-entering her 'closed' bar.

to be continued?

:character00218:

• 1 year later...

I think TT Changs Birthday bash must have been a hi lite of this bar... a great night which was graced by by the presence of the great Ernesto himself ..the only downside was that some clowns switched there bar pot with mine and i was presented with a bill for 5000..or maybe more for a few beers ( ill mention no names at this juncture)

ha ha the service was truly appalling that night but all in good spirit