What Do You Like About Pattaya

pdogg

I enjoy the manic lifestyle.

I often reflect what a guy like me would be doing back in his home country at age 60+

Many towns in the UK older people are concerned about going out late at night - here in Pattaya I have a great night out and meet some terrific fellow BMs.

I can visit any one of literally hundreds of bars and enjoy a drink and the eye candy

I can eat out relatively cheaply and certainly good value

There are ATMs and Pharmacies and 711's all in abundance

I can choose from a great selection of cuisine

No Parking meters

Baht Busses

And

Back home there are no LadyBoys.

Confronted with the fact of my age and physical presence I would be lucky to grab a 50+ granny who may have her own teeth but will also be accompnaied by a load of emotional baggage - and she will probably cost me more that a BF and LT here.

• Upvote 2

I like the lazy life. I like waking up late and going to bed late. I like that you can find any type of food you want if you are willing to ride a baht bus. I like being able to order McDonalds and Burger King and have delivery in 20 minutes.

I like the friendlienss of the Thai people.

• Upvote 2

1. Thai food everywhere - and all of it as good as the best thai restaurant here in North America but prices lower than I would pay for the raw ingredients over here.

2. Being the pursued rather than the pursuer. Instead of having to put on a big show to get the cold shoulder from someone that I probably don't really want to wake up with in the morning, the tables are turned 180 degrees and I have to fend off the advances of dozens of beautiful sexy ladies EVERY evening.

3. The laid-back vibe combined with the throbbing pulse of the nightlife.

4. Hanging out with like-minded, intelligent guys who haven't bought into the group-think of most 50+ guys - it's not time to take up gardening and retire the penis after all!

Much more but I'll leave some for others to list.

• 2 weeks later...

#1 Ladyboys

#2 Apparently I am much more handsome here than anywhere else I visit

#3 Taking a break from my normal everyday routine to a completely different environment

#4 The food

#5 Prices/Value compared to other holiday spots

Great list Hefe! Guys even on their first trip begin to think, can I somehow support myself living in the LOS and everyday will be like Disney World?

Returning to work after two weeks of Adult Disneyland can sure give some a case of the "LOS Blues"

The thing is when you live here you don't have #3. I certainly don't regret quitting my job and moving here but Pattaya simply becomes the new normal and I've settled into a normal life. Probably go see the Bond movie today.

But the list sums it up pretty well.

Hoping to revisit for GOTC & renew all those points again after a 2 year absence, everything is booked, but some personal issues have me on a short leash & I won't know for sure until about 2 weeks before if I can actually make it :(

Until I can make it back, LBR is my touchstone! :drinks:

Hi Sam, I'm def hoping I can make it too this time, but things can turn on a dime right now, a bit shaky :huh:

I've already booked first 3 days at Page 10 since everyone seems to like it, & the next week at a small guest house over Bukhao area, a change from my usual hotel habit, something different. And get this: I've booked a First Class ticket on JAL: 8 pods up in the front with a flat bed & wide screen tv & as much champagne & sushi as required served by doting Japanese women! All thru frequent flyer points of course... why not I said. :happy0148: That'll be a cool ride.

Have my fingers crossed... looking forward to seeing you & all the other guys from here old & new, but I don't want to anticipate it too much & jinx it.

You can get a nice suit on almost every corner .

That is not only super funny but super true as well...If you bought a suit at every corner Jim you could have as many suits as James Bond...Then you could say..."My name is Bond. James Slim Bond." Course that might piss off Khun Duke...so better not...

I think my next visit I'm gonna buy a tuxedo...And what a great word that is...T u x e d o....Not that I need one mind you...Nor have I ever needed one to the best if my recollection...Except for maybe a few instances when I was a member of a wedding party...And then I just rented one...At my own wedding I wore a director's suit...Not certain just how to describe it except to say that it was not a tuxedo...

I think I need one...A tuxedo that is...What do you think?

I think I would look too cool to move...Maybe even look too mean for the people...walking into Famous or Anaconda or Stringfellows or down Walking Street in a tuxedo...

I'm gonna get one next visit...Course I'll still wear my flip-flops...

And that is why I adore Pattaya so much my gentlefags...Cause I could wear a tuxedo with flip-flops and no one would give me a second glance...

• Upvote 1

I think I need one...A tuxedo that is...What do you think?

I'm gonna get one next visit...Course I'll still wear my flip-flops...

As long as you wear the black "dress flip flops"

In pattaya " man with Tux gets Fux"

Mind you, in Pattaya "man with pulse gets fux", maybe that's what I love about Pattaya.

• Upvote 1