Music, good or bad.

seven

This must be eating Liam alive. Noel usually don't talk about it, but here he can't help himself, probably because Liam is is doing 'better' right now. Everyone understand who  actually wrote the Oasis songs. Just like Courtney Loves great Hole songs, of course Kurt wrote them.  Just like Bob wrote Jacob Dylans Wallflowers great songs/hits.

This is so good

• Like 2

my first concert was MC5 at my high school, end of 69.  Lovely boys, quite melodic if a bit loud :) A couple months later I caught Chicago with Johnny Winter as the back up act at the Fillmore East.

Pink Floyd was EPIC 3 months after DSOM release. June at an retired baseball stadium. They set up like 16 HUGE STACKS or speakers at equidistant points on the upper tier/rim of the bleachers.  You'd hear a small alarm clock behind you to the right, a bigger chime to the left and so on.  That weird buzz/roaring sound went in great circles around the stadium. It was THE BEST sound experience I ever had.  A year or two later they trimmed down to half that and it was just good.  Oh yeah, and I was tripping my ass off on some good acid. And I was the driver :)

good times.

I lost interest in music as the 80s progressed with all that crap synth and hardly a bass line to be heard. Way too slick, massive venues...blah.

Dire Straits was good tho.

• Like 2
On 6/5/2022 at 7:28 AM, seven said:

Van the man on Wednesday, outdoors in a royal park. Great venue. 

274541710_10160238975181672_8821456889229189460_n.jpg

NOWWW yer talkin.  That Liam guy is ordinary, godlike? Fock boy, don't ever watch Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's on youtube...it'll do yer head in.

My favorite Van tune is Into the Mystic, with Tupelo Honey comin in next.  He's got a huge body of work which I'm trying to sort thru.  What I never realized was just how much crap these guys turn out too, I mean Zappa was a genius but man some of his stuff is only good to listen to if you're raving mad :)

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, seven said:

She must be like 120 years old now.

Not quite :biggrin:, just 78 and still looking and sounding fabulous , was a privilege to see her at the Manchester Arena on June 14th, she's got great musicians and backing singers with her too. B)

Choosing to go and see Diane instead of a month in Pattaya (June) was a great decision for me. :good:

• Like 1

Hope you Englanders take the opportunity to see the greatest band ever. In Hyde Park yesterday. They’re  far better than I expected and  at 80! Jagger just beat the covid after being sick 1 week, back at it with no mask, QG. Impressive!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, seven said:

About the same as the Stones then. Glad you had a good time. Its wonderful to see live acts again.

Like I've said many a time the Rolling Stones are my favourite ever Band and Keef is my God. 

Talking of Hyde Park and 1969

And The Marquee in 1971

Raw Stones, The Dogs Bollocks :clapping:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, duke007 said:

Just nearly cum in me pants , just heard this on the radio :clapping:

that went right onto Wheels of Fire live sides, GREAT stuff...at the end in the photo montage you can see the Filllmore East marquee showing coming acts...I was at that Dead concert on the 3rd.  Great era. (don't know how that psychedelic SG got in as thumbnail, it ain't in the vid. Never actually seen him playing that one in a vid).  

believe it or not Dave, Cream played the small town next to mine at a Catholic high school of all places,, around the time of this vid. Course in 68 I had no idea about concerts yet, totally missed it :(

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

Mick dyes his hair

50 minutes ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

tried just before my last trip to TH three years ago. I decided it looked awful (dead animal on my head!)

The hair dying results on farangs in Pattaya are from hell, they always end up dark purple (not black) with some weird brownish tint, never mind the rugs they plant on top.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:24 AM, JustSumGai said:

Jeff Beck

Tonight in concert  with Johnny Depp at the hansum sum of 200 bucks per ticket. Screw that, I’ll pass.

Here’s  Jack Sparrow  enjoying Swedish midsummer. 
I think he made a complete ass out of himself with the defamation trial, regardless what is true.

76CA7FCF-5896-4A7C-925A-14226CB4573E.png

6337BC10-9FB3-4030-9628-AD0FE8FDAC2B.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, seven said:

Tonight in concert  with Johnny Depp at the hansum sum of 200 bucks per ticket. Screw that, I’ll pass.

This is an issue that grinds my gears - the expense of ticket prices these days. I saw bands all the time when I was younger, as we all did. Being young was part of the reason, but it was also affordable. I haven't seen many of the legends I want to (Stones come to mind) because I can't afford to pay bloody hundreds of dollars for the privilege!!

I don't think it's always the musicians or promoters being greedy (though some are - looking at the Eagles). I understand there are huge overheads in mounting a tour, but it never used to be so expensive -- it's just something else that sucks about modern times!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

the expense of ticket prices these days.

You’re so right. This summer after 2 years drought of live acts, is costing me a smaller fortune , the Stones being the most expensive. This year’s music venue revenue is breaking all the records. 

To me, going to live music venues is just as, or even more important as going to Patts for ladyman sex.  I know I’m fortunate though, I have friends who can afford maybe one or two gigs this summer.  Its not just the ticket to get in. We had a pisspoor meal at a festival for €15, you get hungry after a few hours and I'm not bringing a lunch box like a cheap cunt, luke warm beer in a plastic cup €5. The hong nam was free though, P Diddy would've gone nuts. :)  Even with the wildest creativity you couldn't take a dump there though. They've got these new futuristic looking portable piss poles, looks like a e-vehicle charging station.

It’s too expensive but what do you expect when corporations got involved a couple of decades ago. These bands are supposed to be idealists (unless you’re Kid Rock or Garth Brooks ) , I suspect many have serious qualms , and they should, over this. It must be disgusting sucking corporate capitalism cock.

public-portable-urinal-toilet-for-men-in-island-stvanice-prague-czech-republic-men-pissoir-men-at-urinal-MK5XWN.jpg

• Like 3

This is absolutely great! Members from The Whigs and Eagles of Death Metal in her band and.... her hubby Jason Isbell on lead guitar! The timing of this couldn't be better.. They're of course pro choice.

For all y'all pillowbiters.Take it like a man!

I'm lost for words. I never expected them to be this good again. It started out rough a few weeks ago , but now they've really upped their game.

Keith is actually playing the solos now , instead of Ronnie Wood taking them all a couple of decades ago. There were rumours his guitar wasn't even plugged in, he was so far gone.

I saw Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon tours many years ago and that was just painful. Steel wheels in '92 then a couple of tours around the millennial , they were damn good. Lisa Fisher was there.

To come back 2022 without Charlie Watts in this way is nothing short of greatness. Great setlist too. Dead flowers , Wild Horses , Sympathy for the Devil . The girl doing Gimme Shelter is no Lisa Fisher but she does a good job. Sasha Allen had a day off, so they brought in Chanel Haynes.

Can't wait to see them in a month's time , unless the covid strikes again. Happy days!

Heres the whole show from San Siro Milano, June 21. Decent video quality.

• Like 1

my biggest concert regret was telling a friend headed to the Fillmore East New Year's Eve that I did not have the $5.50 for the ticket price. Tol him I'd see him somewhere else later in the year.  Band of Gypsys. 

It was great goin to a concert back in the day, mostly smaller crowds cept for the Meadowlands, that could be 110,000.  Joints would come at ya down the row from both ends sometimes. Big party. We packed 30 joints for 5 people for the Grateful Dead and the Band in 74 I think it was. Small outdoor baseball stadium. Ran out about before 3 hours in.  Think the ticket price was $7.50.  Not much of a party at 68 now...friends all scattered and NO WAY IN HELL I am paying even $75 for anyone nowadays. Whole nother game. Not sure why people go to these big outdoor thangs now.  Seems to have lost it's way.  

• Like 2