Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Pdoggg

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

whitney feckin' Houston? responsible for the worst, most boring, despicable recording ever made by a wittering bint. i'l leave you to guess the title... or you tell 'em Quinn!  i can't even type it without contemplating suicide.

200 million albums sales say otherwise.  

Is this a mongers' Board or the local philharmonic ?

Seriously gentlemen, the only thing that could possibly be better than Whitney Houston would be Whitney Houston with a big juicy cock...

That being beyond the realm of possibility, a cockless Whitney Houston still gets my vote.  Musicwise, us latin europeans are ready to overlook the lack of composing skill for the pussy factor.

Watch and learn:

• Like 2
18 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

whitney feckin' Houston? responsible for the worst, most boring, despicable recording ever made by a wittering bint. i'l leave you to guess the title... or you tell 'em Quinn!  i can't even type it without contemplating suicide.

Earlier this year at Hemingways Quiz - the question posed was 'Who wrote and recorded  - " I will always Lurve You". The name Whiney Houston was quickly pencilled in but - embarrassingly I had to give the correct answer - which was .... ????. QG will certainly know this. 55555 

2 hours ago, Quinn said:

Earlier this year at Hemingways Quiz - the question posed was 'Who wrote and recorded  - " I will always Lurve You". The name Whiney Houston was quickly pencilled in but - embarrassingly I had to give the correct answer - which was .... ????. QG will certainly know this. 55555 

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

actually i know it too, but only because you told me Quinn. must admit i was desperately trying to forget though...

Actually I don't. Perhaps bbg can enlighten me?

3 hours ago, Quinn said:

Dolly Parton

• Like 1

indeed Quinn...indeed... call yourself a cowpoke QG!

but i'll let Quinn tell you as it was his question...just think big mamoozas QG. another clue.

actually thinking about PDs original post concerning the hall of fame nominations this year, maybe it's me but it does seem a pretty poor list. other than the Doobies and T.Rex i don't know any of them, couldn't name you one song by any. Whitney of course with 'i will always bore you' but that's the only one i know of hers.

i guess as time goes on nominees are running out except posthumously. Even Marc Bolan? okay a couple of semi-decent songs but hall of fame?

edit...bad puddy tat Sylvester! we could have had QG pulling his hair out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly, I was actually in the Philippines when Whitney Houston passed away. Never forget where I was.

With respect to whether Whitney belongs in the Rock & Roll category....the category drifted away from its roots (R&B) over time, mostly due to segregated musical formats on radio in the USA.  But that a whole different subject.