1 hour ago, Cherjam said:

some of my pics from my daily walk to relieve my boredom and excercise

IMG_20200405_090238.jpg

IMG_20200406_133648.jpg

IMG_20200327_113702.jpg

IMG_20200406_142732.jpg

IMG_20200406_143134.jpg

IMG_20200406_143428.jpg

I think at this time the shots of the graveyards are a bit close to the bone. I remember walking through the graveyard at St Andrews Scotland and reading the headstones. Whole families wiped out. Some had 10 or 12 in a household!. A bit scary considering what is going on now.

• Like 1

This thread is now locked and will be hoovered.

But even beyond the lese majeste issue, we pride ourselves on being a friendly forum.  In these dark days of COVID-19 we're mostly cooped up at home, perhaps out of work, and likely to have loved ones infected.  Please let's not have extremely hostile political discussions impact the camaraderie of our band of brothers.

A new thread has been opened.   

• Like 4

Thread re-opened.

To be clear mentions of any RF are not permitted on LBR.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Woodie said:

I think at this time the shots of the graveyards are a bit close to the bone. I remember walking through the graveyard at St Andrews Scotland and reading the headstones. Whole families wiped out. Some had 10 or 12 in a household!. A bit scary considering what is going on now.

these shots are from the pirates graveyard in my village as you can see with the skull and crossbones, an interesting find on my travels

• Like 2

I think it was Kurtz the Austrian leader who said yesterday that it is likely that no international travel will be possible without a vaccine , that may be applicable to Austria but i think this is how it will be all over. The other way is a Anti body test cert which is still a way off in the UK after all the Chinese ones UK bought are faulty .

Just hope they get this sorted by October,  

5 hours ago, Tomcat said:

I think it was Kurtz the Austrian leader who said yesterday that it is likely that no international travel will be possible without a vaccine , that may be applicable to Austria but i think this is how it will be all over.

That's my guess too TC.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, stoolpusher said:

I was told today immigration at Jomtien was standing room only as many tourists have to extend the holiday Visa.

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 09.21.06 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 09.24.19 - Edited.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8196515/The-coronavirus-facts-China-wants-world-forget.html

The coronavirus facts China wants the world to forget: Beijing releases a COVID-19 timeline - but fails to include whistle-blowers, Huanan food market and 'the order to destroy all samples'

• State news agency Xinhua published a 37-page report to show China's efforts
  • It said the timeline proved Beijing shared news timely and informed the world
  • But a MailOnline analysis discovers some crucial events were not mentioned

Macabre pic on the front page of the online New York Times. Lots of people have died in NY over the past few days, but hospitalizations are down/flattening. 779 people have died there today.

E34AC8D3-16DE-419B-8A89-3A678D9DF840.png

• Like 1

Sweden says Trump criticism of virus strategy 'factually wrong

https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-says-trump-criticism-virus-115036838.html

"They talk about Sweden, but Sweden is suffering very greatly," Trump told reporters.

The Swedish state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell:

“Yes, now, no one should take this too seriously. It is, of course, that all countries suffer from it here, more or less. Of course, it is very difficult in Sweden. Not least in the health sector. However, in comparison with the situation in New York, where I happen to have a relative that works, so it is still very good in Sweden,” said Tegnell.

In contrast to the american president claims Anders Tegnell, that herd immunity is the only way to go – either through the vaccine or by the fact that large parts of the population get the disease and become immune. 

“I don’t know what he thinks of it (the resistance against the herd-immunity, ed.), but those of us who work with infectious diseases know that this type of disease continues to spread, until we achieve immunity in the population. There is no other way to stop it.”

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, seven said:

“I don’t know what he thinks of it (the resistance against the herd-immunity, ed.), but those of us who work with infectious diseases know that this type of disease continues to spread, until we achieve immunity in the population. There is no other way to stop it.”

Well I am certainly not agreeing with Trump.

There are some studies starting to show up that those that had the virus and were asymptomatic or had very little illness did not create any/many antibodies and therefor are likely not immune. The latest I heard on this was today from a doctor on TV that was in the Obama administration in some major health capacity.

The only thing we really know about this virus is we don't know shit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BANGKOK — Bangkok City Hall is preparing to impose a ban on the sale of alcohol starting Friday with a stated aim to curb gatherings and coronavirus infection.

The ban, lasting 10 days at this stage, would be imposed in order to dissuade alcohol-fueled parties and gatherings, particularly at night where the 10pm to 4am curfew is already in effect nationwide, officials say.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/09/bangkok-to-ban-sale-of-booze-for-10-days-starting-friday/

• Like 1

Thank you , China. We rejected a shipment of useless masks from China, KN 95 Homar FFP2” .

They were copies/ forgeries which do not meet the criteria of safety.

Whats wrong with these people...

5096e1a2-0286-43df-a593-1e84fc352343.jpeg

0a6321d1-4028-4f81-bcc5-2a4743eb14d8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:01 PM, Ashoka said:

Seems that we're UNDERCOUNTING the ACTUAL # of Coronavirus DEATHS because not everyone can even get tested to confirm they have it.

The only way to really get an estimate of the increased mortality rate due to Covid19 (and related deaths, i.e. cardiac arrest patients not revived in NYC because of order not to transport to hospital). will be to compare the average mortality rate for a given period of time (ie March 201x-August 201x), and compare that to the actual mortality rate from March 1, 2020 through Aug 1, 2020.  The difference between the historical average plus the Covid19 identified mortalities and the actual deaths from all causes, known and unknown, will identify the actual increased mortality due to this epidemic.  They have done this in a couple of northern Italian towns, and have found the undercount to be as much as 40-50%.  In addition, and I'm not trying to start an argument, in my country (USA), there are strong political reasons why certain regions will want to under count the number of fatalities.  Consequently, we will never have a true count in the west. In places like India, Indonesia, Central and South America, and most of Africa, due to lack of resources and inadequate reporting, we will never know the actual toll. Sadly, pictures like some I have seen coming out of Iran of people expiring on the streets will happen all over the third world, but in the west people will just expire in their homes, alone, and unreported.

Be safe everyone. Praying for us all.

Randi.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 10.07.28 - Edited.png

Trump ‘Playing Politics’ With Lives As FEMA Grabs Ventilators

The Federal Emergency Management Agency hijacked 500 ventilators ordered by the state for COVID-19 patients, but Trump restored 100 as a special favor to Gardner in a move that will help the vulnerable lawmaker’s reelection, complained Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.).

“President Trump says we will get 100 as a courtesy to Senator Gardner. That means, because the president is playing politics with public health, we’re still 400 ventilators short from what we should have received,” DeGette said in a statement Wednesday. Trump’s “mismanagement of this crisis is costing lives and livelihoods.”

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer — a Democrat who Trump has frequently targeted because of what he calls her “complaints” — revealed last month that vendors with whom her state had contracted for desperately needed medical equipment were told “not to send stuff,” on orders from the Trump administration. Other states were facing similar problems, she said.

While Michigan has received only a fraction of its requests from the national stockpile, Florida, led by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, last month received 100% of two major requests within three days, The Washington Post reported.

Several hospitals in seven states surveyed by the Los Angeles Times complained that FEMA officials were showing up unannounced and seizing their supplies, leaving them desperately short and uncertain where to turn for more equipment.

How is this not a war against some states?

• Like 3

I should add there is something to be very weary off.

Viruses MUTATE!

And in the case of the 1918-20 pandemic.. what started off as mild, mutated into a deadly form for a second wave. The people who had the mild version were immune to the deadly form as they already had anti-bodies.

And judging from where most of New York's cases have come from - Europe (not China directly), it is very likely the disease is mutating into a lethal disease over time.

It doesn't have anything else to do except to try and spread copies of itself. It is a virus after all.

So be careful out there.

• Like 1

Roll on September! I refuse the doom and gloom.

Coronavirus vaccine could be ready by September

Leading scientist ‘80 per cent’ sure drug will work

A vaccine against coronavirus could be ready as soon as September, the British scientist leading one of the world’s most advanced efforts has said.

Sarah Gilbert, professor of vaccinology at Oxford University, told The Times she was “80 per cent confident” that the vaccine being developed by her team would work, with human trials due to begin in the next fortnight.

The government signalled that it would be willing to fund the manufacture of millions of doses in advance if results looked promising. This would allow it to be available immediately to the public if it were proven to work.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-vaccine-could-be-ready-by-september-flmwl257x

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, seven said:

Roll on September! I refuse the doom and gloom.

Coronavirus vaccine could be ready by September

Leading scientist ‘80 per cent’ sure drug will work

A vaccine against coronavirus could be ready as soon as September, the British scientist leading one of the world’s most advanced efforts has said.

Sarah Gilbert, professor of vaccinology at Oxford University, told The Times she was “80 per cent confident” that the vaccine being developed by her team would work, with human trials due to begin in the next fortnight.

The government signalled that it would be willing to fund the manufacture of millions of doses in advance if results looked promising. This would allow it to be available immediately to the public if it were proven to work.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-vaccine-could-be-ready-by-september-flmwl257x

Could be ready but will it be available to the masses? How will it be distributed?

That's a big question.

Not everyone has patience. Wouldn't surprise me if superpowers tried to get first in line for vaccine and even then how would they distribute it.