Is There a LB bar in BKK or Pattaya That You Avoid

globetrotter

I also dislike Candy Bar.  There is no specific incident. It's just my perception that it's more high pressure than others. For those who don't know, Candy Bar is back at it's original location on Street 136 between the River and Street 5 in Phnom Penh. After Candy Bar vacated that location, it was called Singer Bar for a couple years.

I was just in Cockatoo once and got the usual BKK gogo treatment which is their attempt to pressure you into pciking a choosing before you even get a chance to settle in.  I do prefer Cowboy over the NEP firetrap for GG gogos though.

Cockatoo Bar was dreadful when it opened with those spotlights beaming into the customers eyes... what clowns idea was that i wonder, probably some average idiot Thai electrician who usually has the brain of a door mouse... have they moved them since..probably not

There are a few bars in Pattaya that make me cringe when someone suggests visiting them as i know I am not really going to enjoy them.  In no particular order are Stringfellows, Obsessions and either Pooks to a lesser extent.

I notice that Mouth Moy didn't make your list BB, oh right thats on the top of your try NOT to avoid list

I notice that Mouth Moy didn't make your list BB, oh right thats on the top of your try NOT to avoid list

Lol you know I couldn't get enough of that side soi joint when i was there.  Not for everyone but for those who enjoy the unexpected regarding comings and goings it is a fine venue. 

Never a big fan of soi 7 & 8 bars either come to think of it.

Strigfellows putting it politely is too radical for me, Obsessions is basically a clip joint where the few customers who do venture inside while running a bin soon regret ever setting foot in the place.

Babyboom I just can't be bothered with, Hi Boss is a health hazard.

In the capital I've just had the two visits to Cockatoo and that other place in Soi 30 something, think I'll be inclined to leave it at that, neither are for me nor is PatPong.

• Upvote 1

2 more potential no go's for me are Hard Rock house (??) (Lb and GG) LK Metro as the music is played at ear bleed levels doesn't matter where you sit inside and outside table seems to always be taken (no surprise), and the new Karaoke bar incarnation of Nid Cha is similarly annoying ( shame as there are some real hot LB's working there)

• Upvote 1

A recent trip to Patts for 3 nights saw me avoid nearly every Lb bar in town, a bit fed up with the lady drink , bar fine buy my friend drink cobblers. 

Wondered around a lot though ( sober) and enjoyed the hussle and bussle of Pattaya. Always do.

Sat in mouth moy bar for an hour or so once and loved it at 1am and was happy to buy 6 Lb's a bottle of Whiskey my 'new friend' some shots and me 2 red's all for 500 baht. She even had a motsi to take me home    :crazy:

Sorry a little off topic so I guess its all LB bars really as the internet is great for Thai friendly and getting hot opponents at all hours of the day and night.

• Upvote 2

Fantasy Lounge is alright once inside, sitting by the front is best watching everyone else getting bothered instead of you, much better with other friends. I don't particularly like walking past it and have since stopped going to the Tikka Center next door because of it (they deliver instead).

There are numerous ladyboy venues I don't bother with but I wouldn't consider it avoidance. There's one I don't bother with anymore which I used to frequent quite regularly until true colours emerged. I still have a full drinks card for it so one beer equals two should I ever bother again.

• Upvote 1

I tend to avoid Pattaya as a whole.  I've only visited a few bars there and have no complaints about any.

In Bangkok I avoid the Go Go's except for a rare pass through and only stay as long as I'm not annoyed which is one drink. Therefore I frequent the lounge bars.  Check in Bar was my favorite until they moved to the new location and Mardhi started meddling with the formula.  He continued to deny his vested interest totally unsolicited then he would put things into June head about what was bad for the bar.  The photo embargo in July of last year had his finger prints all over it with an announcement on facebook that you couldn't take photos of the girls.  That was the worst marketing move in the new bars history.  He tried to play it off like it would blow over in a few weeks after the policy was mocked on the forums.  

When I posted a photo's of two of the girls playing with a mate of mines cock in the bar in a suggestive pose he requested I remove it because he was afraid of his ex (Noon) being able to close the bar with her BIB connections.  I removed them a couple hours after his message to me and told him he was over reacting and paranoid. When I arrived at the bar that night he was there with his new girl. A couple of hours or so after they left June brings it up to me and tells me she doesn't want any troubles because of photos.  I told her that I already removed them when he asked me to.  It was obvious he had told her.  I pointed out the fact that many other racey photo's had been posted in the past by me and others that went a long way in promoting the bar as a fun place. I continued to tell she would be better served in buying his 20% out and fucking him and his personal problems with Noon off.

The next night I got the cold shoulder from her and when I set up a bottle I had behind the bar on their corkage plan I got swarmed by my favorites in the bar for drinks.  The server Toey give me dirty looks and then criticized me for not buying them ladydrinks and letting them drink out of my bottle.  The four girls who were drinking with me were well aware they weren't getting ladydrinks. Two of them had asked me for drinks from it.  The attitude was so annoying that I had asked June husband for my bill.  When it came I noticed he had charged me a 100 baht for ice which was always free before.  The small cans of Coke were now 80 baht instead of 60 baht like they had been before. So in 45 minutes I racked up about 800 baht worth of Coke and Ice.  So I left half of my bottle there and went down the Sukhumvit to Darkside Bar.  That was August of 2013. I reluctantly only went back to the bar once on one of the girls Birthday's.  It was my choice to quit patronizing the bar for the reasons I mentioned, but Mardhi has since said I was banned.  :happy0148:  WTF for? Taking my business elsewhere?  

The place had worn me thin with the photo ban, and Mardhi's meddling.  It was so nice down at Darkside where my business was appreciated and the owner there would buy me a drink nightly.  He was delighted I was posting photos on various forums. While he was laid up he would have his camera sent down for me to take photos on his camera so he could post them on facebook.  

Then Paradise Club opened and Guess Bar changed hands and it's name to Chaos 9. Their owners really appreciated my business and loved the fact I was posting photos.  No issues with censorship or posting racy shots of the girls. At Chaos 9 (former Guess Bar) taking photos inside wasn't an issue like it was when Mardhi was involved with that bar.  Mardhi would even post his spin that Noon his ex was still involved with the bar. A total fallacy and product of his paranoia He even posted on one forum that Chaos 9 was trying to be a GG bar, but ladyboy freelancers were showing up.  All an effort to lead people to believe that CIB was the only LB lounge bar in BKK.  

I used to feel bad for the guy and thought others were being to hard on the cunt. I thought Check in Bar was getting a bad rap because of him and I actually defended him on another forum before.  Then I found out why.

No need to take my business back as long as he is involved. On my lone visit back in December I found out that the two girls in the suggestive photos got fined 2000 baht each.  The Lao girls were also being fined for their extended stays ridiculous sums.  That has led to a large turnover among other factors I imagine.  

It's to bad that June hasn't come to terms with the fact that there is a growing number of former loyal customers that he has pissed on over the years. I know there are several on every forum I'm on.  

• Upvote 5

Thanks Gutsy 

that was a cool read , I have not been in the new chaos 9 or Paradise bar but I will be there in 25th Aug so I will

have to have a sticky at both places and back to Darkies too .

Because I stay around Nana every thing is close and darkies is two stops away.

I most probably will avoid CNB because last time they were very pushy and Temptations well most of the girls seem rude to the customers

like most go go bars they forget that you can catch more with honey .

• Upvote 1

The only bar I actively avoid nowdays is Obsessions in Pattaya .

No matter how many times I decide to gave the place one last chance it always has the same conclusion ...bill padding and arguments , a shame though as they have a nice bunch of ladyboys working there .

I find there is a big difference in all bars whether you are alone or with friends , if I'm with friends I'll go anywhere and more often than not its fun ..... go somewhere alone (even somewhere regular) and you get more of the hard sell .

I suppose its like a wilder beast getting separated from the pack   

Yes Obsessions in Patts is not a good place I think because of the

dragon Lady that runs the show its very off putting for me 

but that is where I met the mighty LITTLE AMY so cool but now she has gone . :sad0116:

I think all the Bars should get rid of there dragon ladys who run things, most I find wreck the vibe

well for me any way but some are nice to the punters .

Yes Obsessions in Patts is not a good place I think because of the

dragon Lady that runs the show its very off putting for me 

but that is where I met the mighty LITTLE AMY so cool but now she has gone . :sad0116:

I think all the Bars should get rid of there dragon ladys who run things, most I find wreck the vibe

well for me any way but some are nice to the punters .

who is the dragon lady that runs it now from what I understand its owned by some creapy English man who looks like he has aids

I remember the Obsessions' mamasan was a rather large lady called Riga. Many people disliked her but she alright in my books. And the Englishman that supposedly owns the enterprise is a chap called Dudley. Never met him but certainly heard lots about him. Where's Pacman when we need him?

I remember the Obsessions' mamasan was a rather large lady called Riga.

This reminds me of a limerick I did around 4 years ago ..

the mamasan's job as a whole

is one of respect and control

but Obsessions' Riga

is way over eager

for some it has taken it's toll

I enjoyed the limerick thread, but they used to drive me nuts thinking in limerick all the time  :fool: 

• Upvote 2