Italian restaurant in Pattaya

globetrotter

Are you referring to Rogers? SiamSam recently mentioned it is still open & still good. It isn't close to Soi Diana, it is on Second Road at the rear of a building. (I think it's a bar complex catering to locals, it wasn't busy when I was last there.) 

If you travel north from Soi Diana look to the right hand side of the road & check the signs. Before you get to Pattaya Klang (?) aka Pattaya Central Road you will see the name Rogers Italian Restaurant. It's a big sign along the top of the building, not at street level.

I'm sorry if my info is out of date, it's been a while since I dined there with Sam....        :hi:

If this (La Taverna del Passatore) is the one you were thinking of then in my opinion there are better choices around town. I've only been there once but it was very disappointing. The antipasti was a joke and the pasta was ok but nothing special. The service was friendly but they got our order wrong and we ended up with only two main dishes between three guys. the other thing was that they served us the pasta and the antipasti all at the same time which made no sense.   

There was a discussion of this place not long ago:

https://www.facebook.com/latavernadelpassatore

But the owner is such a bummer that a friend and I have stopped going there.

hmm that's the place, funny that wasn't mentioned in the other post, can you elaborate more as it must be pretty bad to stop going there completely

Before i ever went there a US friend that stays at nearby Rouge Apartments said he though the guy didn't like Americans. Don't like the guy as does a friend I went there several times with from northern EU. Enuf' said. If you go there it won't be the worst thing that ever happened to you. Be sure and let him tell you all the specials as it irritates him if you don't. I can go to Pizza Italy one block farther south and be greeted with a big hello from the owner every time I enter.

Here is Volterra:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.923002,100.876388,3a,75y,182.98h,86.84t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1scBnOUDMhpRHQA5rtT3_vRQ!2e0

Funny how tastes vary and perhaps places change over time. Many of us think La Taverna del Passatore has great food. I have the penne bolognese every time I go and it's as good as any I've found in town IMO. It appears the friendly mother? of the not so friendly owner does all the cooking.   

I went to Volterra once many years ago and thought the pizza sucked. But what style of pizza one likes can be very subjective. So since I eat Italian almost every night I'll head back to Volterra for some pasta. But I seldom get over that way anymore since Famous Bar and the Corner Bar closed. So might be lucky to get over that way with the less than one week I have left on this trip.  

• Upvote 1

You can see the Family Mart sign in this pic:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.923213,100.876509,3a,75y,125.94h,81.39t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svqhbVU7peDZZASFeyPsKYA!2e0

Then you can pan the image right and see the soi that Volterra is on as well as the sign for Volterra on the power pole on Soi VC.

If you walk up Soi VC, from the 2nd Road end, until it ends that is basically where the Family Mart is located.

There is a cut through from Soi 16 at the east end of Soi VC. You can see the Family Mart on Soi VC. Also somewhere along here Soi 16 becomes Soi 17. I've always guessed this might be the place where that happens?

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.92322,100.876995,3a,75y,211.27h,72.75t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s0YPpPF27GGnZjpgSMsHxuA!2e0

• Upvote 1

thanks for the heads up xyzzy, and on topic of restaurants has anyone been to that Greek Taverna mentioned (again just off Bukhao, east of it ) in a post last week, I walked past today but it was too early so still closed, the one beside Dream teen massage (best name ever)

Agree with route67: Volterra has been excellent the half dozen times I've eaten there.

Mr. Ken!!!! Good to see you here again.

I realize your current menu du jour is ham with two fried eggs. Nonetheless how would you rate Volterra compared to La Taverna del Passatore?

Never been to Volterra so can't compare, but last trip I went to Taverna del Passatore & really liked it, pasta Bolognese here too, the nonna was cooking it in the kitchen, maybe when she doesn't cook the results suffer?

Don't know the latter, Sam. Don't even know where it is.

Only other Italians I can recall are that place near Buakhou Pdoggg, yourself & I ate one time; and a place dixon & I ate at in soi B itself, way up the other end from Pattaya Thai. Don't remember either joint's name.

Don't know the latter, Sam. Don't even know where it is.

Only other Italians I can recall are that place near Buakhou Pdoggg, yourself & I ate one time; and a place dixon & I ate at in soi B itself, way up the other end from Pattaya Thai. Don't remember either joint's name.

You DO know the latter Mr. Ken. This is the place off Soi Buakhow we went to eat with Mr. Dogg. It's called Taverna del Passatore and I remember you enjoyed it. I went there again a number of times during my recent visit and it was excellent.