Favorite drama TV series

JaiDee

I keep going back & forth over the issue of is Claire Danes really overacting, but then I know real bipolar people are obnoxious in real life. Either way the character is annoying & hard to take, probably her intent? Writing was great though....

I keep going back & forth over the issue of is Claire Danes really overacting, but then I know real bipolar people are obnoxious in real life. Either way the character is annoying & hard to take, probably her intent? Writing was great though....

i believe so, this self centered egoistic trait gets very hard to take, i agree. They need to up their game with Brody gone, who was  the very essence first three seasons. The young boy who lost his relatives in the clusterfuck airstrike will of course play a  big part. Carries next boyfriend?

I guess the writers had to make Carrie a bit neurotic, a bit weird, they can't have a regular strong woman getting on & doing her job. How boring would that be? Or were they worried a strong female lead might not rate? Anyway, she's even more batty than she was before. And Claire Danes does pull a very tortured face, that anxious look she has is one of her best acting moves.

None of that bothers me & I am only hypothesising here but what is strange is her relationship with her daughter. She doesn't have one. And she doesn't care nor is she wanting to be around the child. Is this laying the ground work for a plot development where her baby gets kidnapped & Carrie is faced with a major crisis? I certainly hope so otherwise her lack of maternal instinct is a very strange twist to add to the show. Why would they make such a thing of it if they aren't planning some big drama around the child?

It's television & when it comes to children you just know if the parents aren't loving & happy at the start of the show, they will be good by the end. IMO. 

I've read that the female CIA agent who tracked & aggressively insisted on the raid that got Bin Laden, while not bipolar, apparently has a very strong abrasive personality & few friends in "the agency". It was reported last year that she was refused a promotion, quite odd after being the brains behind the most successful public mission in the agency's history.

When she was honored with some high distinction within the agency for the raid along with several others she apparently wrote a blistering reply disparaging the "minor" contributions made by the others & sent it "reply all" so everyone involved would read it. I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty yet but apparently that is an accurate portrayal acording to Seals who were involved. She is also not married like Carrie.

The group set up to track Bin Laden/Al Queda was/is almost entirely females. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully they aren't laying the ground work for Quinn to fuck more fat girls...  :biggrin:

I liked her, she had attitude. She's going to feature later in the show IMO. There was too much attention given to her 'back-story' for her to only be a walk-on. (Is there such a thing as 'fuck-on'? Apart from in LOS that is.) 

From last season to this season, Quinn has become an alcoholic & I predict the 'large one' will be written into the story as his saviour. She's either gonna wind up pregnant or needing rescuing & Quinn will redeem himself by either saving her or marrying her or both.

It's only idle speculation & if I'm wrong ................. sue me.         :hi:

I've read that the female CIA agent who tracked & aggressively insisted on the raid that got Bin Laden, while not bipolar, apparently has a very strong abrasive personality & few friends in "the agency". It was reported last year that she was refused a promotion, quite odd after being the brains behind the most successful public mission in the agency's history.

Try and see Zero Dark Thirty, Hefe; it's an excellent movie and the part played by Jessica Chastain is outstanding.

Many of the CIA officers involved with the chase for Bin Laden say that her role was an amalgamate of many female CIA officers and not just one, but the one who they *think* the role was modeled after was probably Nada Bakos, who has moved on to private security work now. She was on the team who tracked Bin Laden  from day one, even years before.  

http://theweek.com/article/index/243471/who-was-who-in-the-hunt-for-bin-laden

I don't mind the role of Carrie being a bit overblown, her hysterics are part of what makes Homeland really good.  But IMO the roles of Saul and Brody's wife are the best on the show, and she is easy on the eyes as well.

I don't mind the role of Carrie being a bit overblown, her hysterics are part of what makes Homeland really good.  But IMO the roles of Saul and Brody's wife are the best on the show, and she is easy on the eyes as well.

Mandy Patinkin is a wonderful character actor. Now that the head of the Homeland Dept has been found to be corrupt he seems destined to return to the top job. Or maybe they have something else in store for him but whatever it is, we all know he is going to be a major presence in the new series. 

post-83-0-42089100-1412990069_thumb.jpg

And Morena Baccarin from Brazil, she's cute. I just read she was a classmate of Claire Danes. Surely that will guarantee her return to the series? 

post-83-0-25907300-1412990515_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone still following Homeland? I thought it turned really weird three episodes back when Carrie seduced the young medical student. I still don't know why she went the whole way with the guy, they could have dreamt up a better plot complication than something that unimaginable in real life.

And after last night's episode, I don't know if it is even going to be significant. Great scene at the end where a little Taliban justice was meted out.

I will stick with it & see where it goes. Brilliant move taking Saul hostage. IMO.        :hi:

I do not have any current drama series that are favorites. Both of the ones I like most, Justified and Fargo, are in hiatus. I like Orange is the New Black, but it is only on netflix, not on TV. 

I am more into comedy. For simple entertainment watch reruns of Raising Hope, Parks and Recreation, Freaks and Geeks, Arrested Development, etc etc. 

Is anyone still following Homeland? I thought it turned really weird three episodes back when Carrie seduced the young medical student. I still don't know why she went the whole way with the guy, they could have dreamt up a better plot complication than something that unimaginable in real life.

And after last night's episode, I don't know if it is even going to be significant. Great scene at the end where a little Taliban justice was meted out.

I will stick with it & see where it goes. Brilliant move taking Saul hostage. IMO.        :hi:

I'll watch the rest of it, if i can stand Carrie. What an absolute disgusting character she is. She wanted the to take the shot with Saul as collateral damage. I know she's bipolar, but i'm not sure i can stand 6 more weeks of her. Psycho Cunt!

Its nowhere near season 1 and 2, but still ok entertainment.

I can highly recommend the 2nd season of british  crime- drama 'Line of Duty' -http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/.

First episode was last sunday and everything i hoped for. Fantastic!

There are only half a dozen shows I make an effort to watch each week. I'm still watching Homeland. But I didn't care much for episode 1 & 2 this season but it seemed to pick up after that. Carrie has gone from someone I couldn't imagine being allowed on a job involving Brady because she loved him to being a total asshole. It all seems a bit strange. 

I'm still into the Walking Dead. The season premier broke all cable TV records for viewers of a series.

I'm also watching Person of Interest. After a so so first season, where each episode mostly was a separate story line with a conclusion, the series took a major turn starting with the last episode of season 1. Had a big somewhat surprising crescendo in mid season 2 then went completely Orwellian in season 3. It still drifts a bit but stretches of season 2 & 3 where damn entertaining IMO. 

I'm sure I mentioned this one somewhere along in this thread but I can't be bothered to go check....if you guys haven't seen 'Vikings' I'd highly recommend it. Great show made by the History channel, seasons 1 and 2 are done and they are working on season 3 for a spring release, can't wait!

• 5 months later...

I guess i have to watch Saul sooner or later,  but Breaking Bad was so good i didn't wanna know about any spinoffs.

Game of thrones? Pass. Haven't seen any of the Lord of the rings movies.

I know i, i know...*This one is different. Its so well done, no matter if you don't like fantasy*.

I don't care for fantasy and fairy tales.

*This one is different. Its so well done, no matter if you don't like fantasy*.

I don't care for fantasy and fairy tales.

I don't either.

And even though I'm a long lost friend of the author, I haven't read or watched.

Some day I will, only cause I know the guy.

But Khun Jet, haven't seen any Lord of the Rings either.

Shameless and House of Lies [not House of Cards] with Don Cheadle just wrapped up their winter seasons and were excellent as always.  I also enjoyed the Breaking Bad spin-off called Better Call Saul which also just ended a ten-show run.

Homeland wasn't great this season but still worth watching, and Vikings has 2 episodes left;  started out rather slow this year but really picked up steam last week with the invasion of Paris! Great show. 

Anyone watching "better cal saul"?...its a spin off from breaking bad,about the shady solicitor Walter White employs....well wor5h a viewing...Also,just seen the first 4 episodes of game of thrones series5....

Couldn't get into Game of Thrones but enjoyed Better call Saul;  Vince Gilligan does great work.