Favorite drama TV series

JaiDee

This past month I watched The Fall & Broadchurch, really excellent Brit series, the acting & writing on both puts most series to shame. Both are on Netflix altho only 1 season of Broadchurch is there, you have to hunt around for season 2, worth it.

I have to admit to having to turn on the closed captions for Broadchurch because of the lead character's fast & thick Scottish brogue.

Remember James Brown, Pappa's got a brand new bag and the flip side would be Pappa's got a brand new bag part 2.

Broadchurch season 2 was a bit like that.

I don't do fantasy, but got into Game of Thrones after picking up Series 1,2 &3 at MBK. I still ca't remember everyone's names though.

Guess I will have to try GoT. I had HBO at the time the series started but never even considered watching. Hell I didn't watch The Wire until my last trip to Pattaya. Didn't think I wanted to watch another getto show. But as most of you likely know it was great although I didn't like the last season quite as much. Orphan Black is back this weekend. OK show with an interesting concept but gets a little silly at times. There have been at least three shows mentioned on the page I've never heard of so that will give me something to try next. I am in the middle of season one of Vikings. Good show but it hasn't drawn me in to the point I go on a binge and watch a whole season in one day. Watch about one episode a day. The last season of the Walking Dead recently finished. My favorite show by far. The reruns keep me entertained while I use my exercise machine.

I like Person of Interest. I was absolutely addicted to seasons two and three. Season one each show is mostly a complete story. Starting with the very end of season one most every show becomes part of a larger story. But one will be a little lost if they don't watch season one. And ocassionally they still slip into the one show is a complete story mode. I'm not quite as impressed with season four. The larger story is moving along very slowly IMO. But hopefully season four will end with a bang as did season two and three. And season two had a big mid season ending. I was watching around six episodes of season three in a day.     

30 Degrees in February (English Subs')

"compelling ten-part drama 30 Degrees in February follows a group of Swedes who've left the snow and cold of Scandinavia for the warm, sandy beaches of Thailand in the dead of winter. Why? To embark on a life-changing adventure, a fresh start and a new life, of course".

Their words not mine. Well it's not that bad - nice glimpses of bar life in Phuket

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/30-degrees-in-february

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I like Person of Interest. I was absolutely addicted to seasons two and three. Season one each show is mostly a complete story. Starting with the very end of season one most every show becomes part of a larger story. But one will be a little lost if they don't watch season one. And ocassionally they still slip into the one show is a complete story mode. I'm not quite as impressed with season four. The larger story is moving along very slowly IMO. But hopefully season four will end with a bang as did season two and three. And season two had a big mid season ending. I was watching around six episodes of season three in a day.     

I've had two seasons of Person of Interest sat on my hard drive for what seems like an eternity. After I ran the excellent House of Cards dry I decided to give PIO a go .. I'm loving it and have now downloaded seasons 3 and 4 too  :good:  

Just starting season 2 now and going by Xy's assessment above it looks like there's still plenty more to look forward to  :flirt2:  

I love having season's worth available at a time so I can pig-out on a good show. 

I ain't never seen The Newsroom except for this classic clip...If I know how to download stuff I would...but alas I ain't that bright....

That clip is actually taken from the first 6 minutes of the first show of the first season......excellent video. The whole show is like that - fast, witty, smart and good political intrigue.  Probably looks a lot like a real TV newsroom, too.

Sam Waterston also has a lead, he from the Law and Order franchise and seemingly in another life The Killing Fields.

May be time to get NetFlix Kahuna, all the seasons are probably there.  Or just download Utorrent  http://www.utorrent.com/and get your shows from here;  https://www.torrentz.eu/

Send me a PM if you want a walk-through but it should only be a few minutes to download the Utorrent.

Yeah, I mentioned that it may be a good time for Kahuna to get NetFlix.

I don't know what they have for programming but I'm quite sure it's worth the 10 bucks a month. Hell, if they have The Newsroom and all seasons of Breaking Bad that would be worth it right there.

I don't know what they have for programming but I'm quite sure it's worth the 10 bucks a month. Hell, if they have The Newsroom and all seasons of Breaking Bad that would be worth it right there.

They do have Breaking Bad, and it is only $7.99 a month. So one would be saving $2 right off the bat. :)

Hey Lefty.....the girl who plays Sloane is really hot, Aaron Rodgers' main squeeze Olivia.....but she kind of seems asexual at best and they make her out to be some kind of a soulless automaton, not feeling or caring about much outside of economics.

I just watched episode 5 of the first season, I have to assume she fucks someone, some way, sometime?  I am thinking she and Will hook up eventually but don't spoil it for me :hi:

I have NetFlix or I have access to it.....But I don't know how to use it.......I think it is something I would get on my computer but I'll be damned if I want to watch a movie or TV program on my computer....But I guess I can hook my computer to my TV and so I bought all the cables to do that but can't quite figure that out either......So instead I have like 600 or so DVDs........I just keep buying them...And when I die it will be my daughter's problem....

I am defo not a technical kind of person....The other day I was having phone problems and was told the fix was easy....upgrade to a newer operating system...So I found out I could upgrade to something called Ice Cream for free from the manufacturer....Following a YouTube how to video it took me nearly all day to upgrade using my computer when it should have taken no more than an hour........The upside...My phone works much better....The downside...I got a whole fucking new operating system to learn......This ain't No Country for Stupid Old Men.............

I've had two seasons of Person of Interest sat on my hard drive for what seems like an eternity. After I ran the excellent House of Cards dry I decided to give PIO a go .. I'm loving it and have now downloaded seasons 3 and 4 too  :good:  

Just starting season 2 now and going by Xy's assessment above it looks like there's still plenty more to look forward to  :flirt2:  

I love having season's worth available at a time so I can pig-out on a good show. 

You are just getting to the best parts. The last show of season 4 was packed with endings to several themes. But you will have to wait to get there. :biggrin:

I've got to look back though here and find something to watch. I finally finished three seasons of Vikings. Good show but got a bit excessivly mystical in spots in season 3 IMO. Suppose I finally will have to watch GoT. I never seem to get started on that one.

Someone might correct me but I think Netflix is good with TV shows that are at least a season old. And they either don't have the new ones or they cost (unless it's a Netflix production)? I had it for a free month trial a couple of years ago using a Roku box.  

• Upvote 1

I've got to look back though here and find something to watch. I finally finished three seasons of Vikings. Good show but got a bit excessivly mystical in spots in season 3 IMO. Suppose I finally will have to watch GoT. I never seem to get started on that one.

I am sure I have mentioned it here before, but IMO  Vikings is the much better show of the two.

But then again many people love GoT.....I just couldn't get into it and I tried for 2 full seasons.

If you don't like the mystical stuff you may have a hard time with GoT...... Kalishi stumbles upon some dragon eggs just a few episodes into season one.

I have just finished watching season 3 of Person of Interest - totally hooked on the show. I had watched season 1 and season 2 on television at home, but as is typical of Channel 5 in the UK, they put these good shows on quite late at night, then interrupt them mid season to show some shite like Big Brother, or something in that vain. So I bought the season 3 box set from Tuk Com last month, and watched all 24 episodes over a couple of weekends. Magic.

Xyzzy or DC, do you have a link where I can go to download season 4? Don't want to wait until Christmas to buy the box set.

Good links from DC. I'm getting all my stuff from thepiratebay.se again but I see today it redirected me to thepiratebay.gd. For TV shows I try to get stuff from EZTV/ETTV (one is a mirror of the other) when I can. Or user Uled is usually good.

JD I'm not necessarly against mystical. Season 1 & 2 of Vikings has a little bit. But something happened in the middle of season 3 (the wanderer) that took it to a whole different level. All I can say without being a spoiler.

• Upvote 1