Name that country

JaiDee

• 2 weeks later...

It's Vernazza, the first town you come to from Monterosso on the Cinque Terre. I have been there twice when I walked the Cinque Terre, it's as nice as the picture even if the colours have been exaggerated. 

I had drinks at a little bar overlooking the harbour the last time while I waited for the ferry to arrive to take us back to Monterosso. The walking path between the two towns is hard, it takes several hours on an ancient track that goes up hill & down dale the whole way. Walked it once, never again.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Beat's me but I think (am not certain) I read somewhere at some point something about a tiny piece of land in the Balkans. They referred to it as Leberland/Liberland or something like that. But I drink a lot so might be confusing this with something else like Ireland or hinterland. 

• 3 weeks later...

The shape of the stadium is too distinctive. Polo Grounds - Manhattan, New York.

With #24 roaming center field.  And acrosss the Harlem River was The House That Ruth Built where #7 roamed center.  And about 15 miles away in Brooklyn the Duke of Flatbush patrolled center.