The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

JD made me think of this with his Hogan's Heroes question. On the TV show McHale's Navy, other than McHale himself and Ensign Parker, there were 6 enlisted men crew members on the PT 73. What were either the character's names or the actor's names who played them? 4 out of 6.

JD made me think of this with his Hogan's Heroes question. On the TV show McHale's Navy, other than McHale himself and Ensign Parker, there were 6 enlisted men crew members on the PT 73. What were either the character's names or the actor's names who played them? 4 out of 6.

I am a total 60's TV junkie!

Bell, Gruber, Gavin Macloed,  Christie the married guy, can't remember his last name {??}, some suave Italian dude who I can see but can't place his name either ........the Japanese POW's name was Fuji. Binghampton was the Captain and his kiss-ass LT. was named Carpenter or Carpy.   Damn this will be bugging me all day but I will NOT go to IMDB! 

I am a total 60's TV junkie!

Bell, Gruber, Gavin Macloed,  Christie the married guy, can't remember his last name {??}, some suave Italian dude who I can see but can't place his name either ........the Japanese POW's name was Fuji. Binghampton was the Captain and his kiss-ass LT. was named Carpenter or Carpy.   Damn this will be bugging me all day but I will NOT go to IMDB! 

Christy was a nickname based off his last name of Christopher. You done good though. You got 4. Gavin's character was Happy Haines. The suave Italian was played by Edson Stroll a former bodybuilder, his character was Virgil. The only one you left out was Willy the radioman played by John Wright. He quit acting not long after the show went off the air and went into music. He was/is the son of country music legend Kitty Wells.   Gavin, Wright, and Tim Conway are the only ones of the crew still alive as far as I know. 

The actors who played Carpenter, Bob Hastings, and the actor who played Fuji, Yoshio Yoda are also still living. Tim Conway still guest stars on comedies sometimes. 

his character was Virgil.

The only one you left out was Willy the radioman

Damn it,  now I remember Virgil!!

And I was trying to think of number 6, Willy, the guy with the southern accent.  Great show, one of my faves.

Your photo link didn't come up.........

Damn it,  now I remember Virgil!!

And I was trying to think of number 6, Willy, the guy with the southern accent.  Great show, one of my faves.

Your photo link didn't come up.........

Me too. I think it was actually literal LOL funnier than Hogan's Heroes, mainly because of Tim Conway and Joe Flynn. Those two got a guffaw out of me every episode it seems. 

Here is the image again from the previous post. 

s_thumbs_847327182_6d6f1343d5dd90c279623

OK I will jump in here.  JD and I have some things in common one of which is we watched WAAAAAAAAY too much TV when we were young.

What was the name of the pet in THE BRADY BUNCH??

On its travels the Jupiter II acquired a "pet/mascot".  What was its name??

Looks like you have stumped the forum with these ones Archie.

I'll give it a shot and say the Brady's dog was named Lucky?

General knowledge question here for the masses;

Richard Nixon won the 1972 US presidential election by a ''landslide''; in fact, George McGovern only picked up one state on election night.  Which state was that?

Guest JustSumGai

so Andrew Duggan and Jeff Chandler stay wandering in the jungle? Claude Akin was the guy on the right in an earlier photo but even tho I am SURE I have seen that movie (probably more than a few times) got no idea at this time what it was. That curled brim avatar guy is duggan ?

I'll give it a shot and say the Brady's dog was named Lucky?

General knowledge question here for the masses;

Richard Nixon won the 1972 US presidential election by a ''landslide''; in fact, George McGovern only picked up one state on election night.  Which state was that?

Not South Dakota ? Could  not win his home state? Too bad people were so afraid of a true and good liberal. He'd have made a fine president.